Please remove DC penalties

Options
DrKetchup
DrKetchup Member Posts: 159
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I'm so done with teammates that suicide on the hook. At least let me have a bot instead of them.

Comments

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

There really is no point in having DC bots when people are afraid to DC and just peace out on the hook. It doesn't fix the problem it was meant to. The 4% mechanic isn't going anywhere either, so no point in asking for that.

• Pavel_Ch
    Pavel_Ch Member Posts: 241
    Options

are you the type to dc or ######### on the hook by falling first? take a break from the game or find a team in discord dbd

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 938
    Options

Bad idea everyone will kill themselves on hook 100% of the time, if I play solo Q I want that person to DC and let us play with a bot, early 3v1 is almost unwinnable

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,700
    Options

Believe it or not, but the devs want people to play their game. Even the people who DC.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,933
    Options

I have had numerous survivors DC if I managed to down them quickly in the first Lethal Pursuer chase, of they were in a Duo SWF their mate followed suit. 2 Bots are better then nothing, but the game is still ruined.

I have no qualms to tunnel a bot out, so these games come to a end pretty fast. But, if the last survivor DCs and I am stuck with just bots, why do I need to have to play it through?

• RakNieborakYT
    RakNieborakYT Member Posts: 300
    Options

1 hr penalty for someone with bad internet is waay to much. 1 day penalty is a total madness already. And what would be the penalty recovery for it to reset? Cuz if one year then this game is dead already.

• jeffkillsyou96
    jeffkillsyou96 Member Posts: 249
    Options

That seems a bit much to have to go on a 3rd party platform just to have a fun game

• Pavel_Ch
    Pavel_Ch Member Posts: 241
    Options

I thought everyone already had this program for communication turned on when they started the PC. well, it’s easy to subscribe to the official dbd channel there, where you are always up to date with the news and there are swf rooms

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 671
    Options

Main reason why they will never turn dc penalties off for good even if survivors bots are now implemented is because there is no the equivalent to killer (no killer bots, and I believe it would be extremely hard to make AI for all the killers without it causing issues). It would mean killers could dc freely if there was no penalty, or be the only side punished if they did so, which would not be fair. Hope this is enough help to make you understand DC penalties need to stay.

Cheers!

• jordanjustice
    jordanjustice Member Posts: 110
    Options

They have a Trapper killer bot. They could just replace a DC'ing killer with the Trapper bot. No one would care that the killer changed... they are still playing a bot and the match is already ruined.

• jordanjustice
    jordanjustice Member Posts: 110
    Options

That is a completely short-sighted attitude. As others have pointed out, if they can't DC, they will just kill themselves on hook or find other ways to ruin the game. Not allow/harshly punishing one for DCing will cause matches to go even worse. How can some people not see that? It is far better to allow people to DC (without penalty) and get a replacement bot for the match... than to have the match at 3 vs 1 or 4 vs 1 with a sabotaging teammate.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,337
    Options

Harsher penalties means DCers are less likely to play the game in the first place.

As stated by @Nazzzak, that isn't conducive to BHVRs goal, footfall is money in games. However as a player, with the assumption there are still enough players playing, having these toddlers who constantly kick their toys out of the pram pushed out is healthier for the game as a whole.

It may not be a realistic dream, but it is a pleasant one.

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 579
    Options

I'd suggest the replacement of DC penalty with this kind of system :

Add a surrender button to survivor instead of leave game option. Upon surrender, survivor gets removed from the game ( may still spectate ) but loses all BPs earned in the current match and will get reduced BP earned in the next one. Continuous surrender will only increase the BP penalty as well extend itself on more matches ( like first surrender means only 75% of BP earned for 1 game, second drops it to 50% of BP earned for 2 games and so on ) until player reaches the point where no BPs are earned at all unless the game is played fully ( must stay in the match for X minutes to prevent players from intentionally dying asap for penalty removal ). This way players who want to leave can leave but will eventually hit the point where they can't ''progress'' at all as they won't be getting Bps from their matches unless they play sufficient amount of games ''properly''. The penalty could also be applied to Shard Fragments if needed but probably shouldn't impact the XP for Rift progression purpose.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

With bots added to the game why are their DC penaltyies at all? Why am I being forced to play out a game where the killer only wants to kick gens and slug people (game I just played, love bleeding out, great game design).

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 671
    Options

I don't think it's as easy as you're painting it to be, mate. It's just not possible to do such things because it would extremely heavy coding-wise most likely. DC penalties need to stay, the same way there are penalties for dcing in any other PvP game to push commitment from the community. On the other hand, there for sure should be some sort of forfeit system to allow players not to be held hostage past some time mark that the devs should consider a game should never get to last.

When DC penalties used to be turned off due to internal problems, the game was always a circus and horrible to play (as a solo player on the survivor side, and as killer too, since everybody would DC). Bots are now a band-aid for non-intentional disconnects due to lost of connection or whatever, they are not there to transform the game into PvE because somebody got rekt by a Nurse or Blight and now there are 4 bots vs 1 killer. The forfeit system would help against the chess games and hide and seek games since the very beginning.

• CrypticGirl
    CrypticGirl Member Posts: 503
    Options

Honestly, I would rather just have the bots removed if they're going to insist on keeping the DC penalties the way they are. I feel like the bots cause more problems than they solve, and the penalties don't really allow us to make much use of the bots anyway.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,130
    edited August 2023
    Options

Survivors already get terrible bloodpoints when compared to killer. No one would use this. They'd just run up to the killer and demand to be killed. Even getting bled out for four minutes would probably be more efficient than losing all of your bloodpoints and not getting many the next game.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    Options
  • not_requested49
    Options

No, trolls that dont care abt BPs would use this, especially SWF teams that would force the killer to play a bot match

• kisfenkin
    kisfenkin Member Posts: 613
    edited August 2023
    Options

I know my suggestion is harsh. I think that BHVR needs to squash the idea that bots were introduced so DCs should be okay now completely. I've seen several threads on this since bots were introduced and I only rarely look at the forums.

I think if they implemented something this harsh, and work on an alternate way to deal with hook suicides, we would get rid of the people that quite simply don't actually want to play this game unless they get exactly the setup they want. Those people either need to play kill your friends, suck it up and play the game the way it is intended, or just leave the game entirely.

For those of you saying, 'oh, then the survivors that would have DCed will just hold the game hostage and work with the killer...' or the like. They cannot get away with that. These ideas are already against the rules and currently they will get you banned more strictly than a ban for DCing. I don't see them lightening the punishment for this at all if they increased the punishment on DCs.

Obviously I don't expect them to follow through with my idea. I would love it if they increased the penalty but I understand that my suggestion is the extreme. I do however hope that those selfish, entitled players that think if a match isn't exactly the one they want, then they should have unpunished DCs will realize that we don't want to play with them more than they don't want to play with us. So, they need to either change their mindset - suck it up and play, or stop queuing up for matches.

• not_requested49
    Options

I mean yeah I agree with you but when I got to those times I couldn't help but think you were being ironic the whole time

• not_requested49
    Options

Agree tbh, I think the bots being added to public really killed the game for me with how strong they can be since they act like they can see your Aura at all times, even if you're undetectable

Most other games I don't have a huge issue with bots filling up player roles, but i think that's because they're just pretty dumbed down & is better than no one but worse than an actual player

Here, the bots are better than the player themselves which sounds like a massive improvement, but for the killer it really makes it more difficult and just destroys my desire to play when at any time someone can just DC and I'll have to face that

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 579
    Options

They would end up getting no bloodpoints. Dying so quickly would also contribute to the penalty. With 0 BP and Shard gain, they would be unable to progress and level up properly.

Survivors can get 15 - 30k points with offering and average play. During the event and incentives, this number can go 35k plus easily.