Curious...how many vets are still out there?

Options

2016-2017 I would say? Curious how many of us are out there lol game changed a lot....

Comments

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,402
    Options

I think the game was ported over to the consoles in like 2018 or so. The consolers makes up the vast majority of the playerbase by far.

Those players in 2016-17 could only be from Steam.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,086
    Options

Honorable mentions to @GeneralV

• biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 646
    Options

Been around since alpha. Miss the darker environments..

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,063
    Options

I've been playing since launch on PC and switched to console as soon as it launched there.

My first games had me scared on edge the whole match and I've been the hiding immersed survivor since (when I play survivor)

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,249
    Options

Still here. We come and go.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,056
    edited August 2023
    Options

I started some time around Clown's/Spirit's release, so I think I'd qualify as a vet.

I haven't played much of late but I hop in time to time as the mood takes me and I keep up to date

• MB666
    MB666 Member Posts: 965
    edited August 2023
    Options

I wasnt during the alpha But i started playing DBD back when the thiccker fog /killer animations were a bit more slower and insanely bigger maps where a thing on top of the unfair god buildings , probably when Freddy first came out.

Idk what they were thinking by making some maps insanely brighter like the current farm maps and so on , when they knew that people used to love the dark atmosphere that the game used to have outside of gameplay elements.

My first match was just me missing skillchecks like crazy and being soo scare at point where I literally was just hidding in bushes as a baby claudette against a guy playing OLD freddy 🤤.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,537
    edited August 2023
    Options

First heard about DBD from it's Payday 2 crossover back when that was my main game, after which i got to play the beta and ended up pre-ordering the game back in 2016.

Still playing DBD to this day and i'm planning to keep playing until the day this game ends, also i can definitely say that i don't miss old DBD in almost any capacity and quite frankly prefer current dbd much more.

• Sackboy123
    Sackboy123 Member Posts: 465
    Options

Played since the console release of June 2017, and still play it just as much. The one game I will never give up

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842
    Options

Been around on and off since November of 2016 but really only got hooked around May 2020 and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon especially with Alien arriving soon feels like I'm just getting started.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,372
    Options

my first game was when my friend downed me and insta morid me with old freddy. Fear.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,543
    Options

We're surprisingly still around since 2017. This is our default game and will stay that way till we get bored.

• TWiXT
    TWiXT Member Posts: 2,063
    Options

still here since 2016... While it's a FAR CRY better than it was back in those days, I do find myself playing less and less these days. TBH, I popped in for 1 week when Skull Merchant came out, and then didn't come back until the anniversary event, and now find myself playing a little during this BBQ event while planning to play for another week or so when the Alien comes out. Overall, That's only about a month and a half of playtime, in the last 6 months so...

IDK, Perhaps I'm just burned out on DbD, or maybe there's been some changes that just deter me from playing... Either Way, I'm a Killer main at heart, and something about DbD just doesn't feel as "Fun" as it did before.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,622
    Options

It was admittedly very late October/November 2017 but I am glad to call myself part of the 2017 gang 🫡

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

I've owned the game since the PD2 crossover, but never actually played it until about a year and a half ago lol.

• biggybiggybiggens
    biggybiggybiggens Member Posts: 646
    Options

I mean the Survivor side hasn't been innovated on since the EGC.. Majority of new people I personally have tried showing the game just think its a Generator simulator as Survivor.. People have to realize when you're new and wanting to play this game, you can't just go find the Killer and start having fun because then you get stomped.. Also the sitting on Generators seems to bore the hell out of most, hence not being a very "action-oriented" task. I can completely see why the game doesn't keep new people. DBD needs a competitor to really FORCE it to shine.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

I started playing just a little bit after Michael was released.

Seeing DbD change over so many years has been a ######### trip. And not always in a good way.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options
  • ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

I have been here since 2016 and the game has definitely changed a ton over time.

Sometimes I feel that having stuck with the game for so long has done more harm than good in terms of enjoyment.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,068
    Options

Not quite. 2018. Missed out on true infinites and old BnPs. Still got to experience the joys of hook dribbling, survivors running release MoM+Styptic, the Rancid Abattoir window before breakable walls, and more.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

I played during the beta. Put in lots of hours over the years even with many extended breaks from the game.

I still have my legacy, most OGs can’t say that after losing their save files.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,425
    Options

After 6.1.0 I saw an extreme drop in players that would be considered vets. They lost their fun play style of only semi trying and still winning, it's why you see far less "toxic" survivors. On the outside that would probably be considered a killer take when in reality I have mained survivor for nearly a year now and my survivor main friend would agree with me aswell.

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 1,960
    Options

2016 here, since the Asylum update. Still here, somehow.

• Ghouled_Mojo
    Ghouled_Mojo Member Posts: 2,287
    Options

I’m from 2018 so not quite there.

• Superyoshiegg
    Superyoshiegg Member Posts: 1,479
    Options

First achievement.

Only reason I didn't have it earlier was because I didn't have enough money to buy the game at launch (14th June) 😭

I did participate in the beta, though. Anyone remember that 'Save Me' web browser thing where you had to send a link to three friends to 'unhook' you (give you a beta code)?

• Nash
    Nash Member Posts: 24
    Options

I am still here and I love the game.

• BreadSilence
    BreadSilence Member Posts: 77
    Options

Why 2017 as the cutoff? What about 2018? If you started playing DBD before the cosmetic shop existed and when pallet vacuums were still a thing, I think you have a right to be considered an 'old school ' DBD vet.

I started playing right after Pig came out and remember old BNPs and old Shrine as well. (Perks in the Shrine costed 550 shards meaning you had to play a minimum of 55 games just to buy a teachable)

• Sadako_Best_Girl
    Sadako_Best_Girl Member Posts: 658
    Options

2018 PS+ player baby, instantly fell in love with the game. I still remember booting up the game and hearing clown's theme for the first time.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

Been around since December 2016.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 533
    Options

I've been playing since 2017 will play until the game is no more (one of my forever games)

Don't play nearly as much as I used yo though.

Gone from 8 / 10 hours a day (I don't sleep & work from home) to 8 / 10 hours a week.

Just too many things I'm sick of seeing these days so I have set things that mean its the last game i'll play for the day so get lots of 1 games & done these days but i'm quite content with that)

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

2018 here. Wasn't here from the start, but I think 5 years is enough to be considered a vet :)

• Slaughterhouse3
    Slaughterhouse3 Member Posts: 892
    Options

I wanted to toss 2018 in there because the game was still at that early stage feel at that time. I just wasn't sure lol

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,321
    Options

Early 2018 but I am

• Slaughterhouse3
    Options

I always wished I played that early lol a friend showed me that trailer for the doctor and I was like ok...I have to try this! No regrets :) I do miss old aspects of the game though.

• ShErMaDeRmA
    ShErMaDeRmA Member Posts: 338
    Options

Actually it came in late 2017 for console, I can attest since I started around December 2017 on Ps. If I remember correctly the nightmare had just come out and I bought the dlc for my first match. God I miss that 2017 winter theme

• M1_gamer
    M1_gamer Member Posts: 338
    Options

got the game in 2017 when freddy was released and revealed. good times. attacking survivors who were awake and not understanding i can't deal damage lol

• Ebonbane2000
    Ebonbane2000 Member Posts: 157
    Options

2017 Here and I play on and off.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,248
    Options

2016 near launch on Steam - I miss the darker environments and the atmosphere the game had. I miss the weekly dev streams and seeing Mcote and the other developers talk about the game. Even if DBD's balance was never great at launch I do feel like Mcote and the other developers got bullied too hard by everyone. It may be nostalgia but what I'd do to experience it one more time where Hillbilly was a top tier killer, the maps were darker and the devs were more active with their weekly streams. Game felt different when the weekly streams stopped.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,880
    Options

Still regularely playing since Sep 2016.

I think it was 2019 where I had a 1 month break but that's the longest break I've had. But tbf, I was already addicted during that time. Now I play for enjoyment pretty much a few hours a day or every 2nd or 3rd day when I work. It used to be entire days every day and as soon as I had freetime.

So I've found the healthy middle ground now.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,114
    Options

Started playin late Dec 2016.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Options

Started back when it launched on XBOX One. I still have some old clips that were like 15-30 fps. Feels horrible to watch now. Maps looked so different back then, too.

• Slaughterhouse3
    Options

I still hate new Freddy lol he used to be fun...weak but fun. I wish they just made the sleep timer shorter or something lol

• Moonras2
    Moonras2 Member Posts: 262
    Options

I started summer of 2017. Right around the VC change for killers. Got it as part of a $10 Humble Bundle because I wanted the Alien Isolation game. Was watching trailers for the other games and saw Myers in this one. Had to try it after that. For all the ups and downs I've felt with this game, it was the best $10 I ever spent.

• Chordyceps
    Chordyceps Member Posts: 1,695
    Options

I first started playing when I got the game for free on PS+, during the first Summer BBQ, back when Doctor had to switch between stances to shock and damage people. I ended up buying the game on steam during Curtain Call, which ended up being my primary account, which I've poured about 2K hours into, and I still play the game regularly. Try out every new chapter's PTB, very excited for the Alien chapter. Feels like it's been a really long time since we've gotten a killer this classic.

• BreadLord
    BreadLord Member Posts: 274
    Options

September 4th 2016

• CECIO
    CECIO Member Posts: 60
    Options

Being playing constantly since late 2017, my love for this game never changed a bit.

It has his problems, but nowadays is at its best in my opinion.

I'm not one of those vets that want the "old-dbd", even tho the nostalgia factor is huge, the game wasn't balanced and it used to break pretty often.