Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

The Tome Level Restriction

Lascivious_Demon
Lascivious_Demon Member Posts: 4
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

What is up with this new tome BS where they wait to unlock the next level of challenges after a certain amount of days. I just waisted 2 days trying to complete the challenges for the survivor only to find out they're gatekeeping the next level after 4 freaking days. It certainly makes no sense as to why they would do this with the Scorching BBQ update, mind you its only availablefor 11 days. Now I gotta wait 4 friggin days. Someone needs to fix this!

Post edited by EQWashu on

Answers

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 516
    edited August 2023

Welcome to 2023 Gaming where everything now adopted the ######### of mobile games from a decade ago.

There is no reason why a battle-pass shouldn't be permanent and be bought,chosen and unlocked at the time the player choses. But publishers love FOMO and gatekeeping and many brain-washed players sadly think that owning limited skins will increase their cock size somehow and will pretend any suggestion to remove it is a personal attack.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729

It's to keep the player count afloat for months, duh. (Sort of like a job you do after your actual job)

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205

So players don't grind it all out in the first day then stop playing for the remaining 2 weeks of the event.

Avoiding a drop in player count isn't just to make their figures look good, the game becomes unplayable without enough players filling queues.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979

Really?, I thought it was because they only work on it one page at a time