Adjustment to dragon's grip cooldown

Options

The cooldown on dragon's grip shouldn't apply if the perk does not activate.

When you kick a gen while the perk is not active, or currently on cooldown, for 30 seconds the generator you kick becomes marked. If a survivor touches the marked generator, they scream and become exposed for 60 seconds. The perk also goes on cooldown for 80 seconds after the marked generator is touched, or the active duration ends. That means the perk can only be activated once every 110 seconds, 30 seconds from the active period, and 80 from the cooldown.

That means that if a survivor touches the gen, the perk immediately goes on cooldown, so as long as they touch it before the 30 second duration is up, the perk actually gets ready for a second use earlier than if the marked generator doesn't get used. That means that if a survivor touches the generator 5 seconds after you mark it with dragon's grip, the perk will be ready to activate again sooner, within 85 seconds. It seems a bit silly you get a longer wait time on perk use if the survivors don't touch the generator than if they do. I think the perk should skip the cooldown if the generator is not touched within 30 seconds, or the perk should work like machine learning and just always have the most previous generator you kicked be marked until someone is afflicted by the effects. Then it can go on the long cooldown.

Comments

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,070
    Options

Yes, and can we also get a refund if the killer doesn't kick the gen before Blast Mine has expired?

• yandere_gamer
    yandere_gamer Member Posts: 27
    Options

You are comparing a perk that lasts 2 minutes and only takes 45 seconds to charge to a perk that only lasts 30 seconds and has an 80 second cooldown. That is a bit silly, don't you think? Besides, blast mine being refunded wouldn't necessarily solve the issue you are having, if the killer doesn't kick the gen you trapped in 2 minutes, it might just be that they have perks or a build that works around the need for kicking generators, or the gen you marked was simply too far completed for the killer to get a chance to kick it. I suggest not placing blast mine on the first generator you touch, but wait till you touch a second one, that way the perk has more time on a generator that the killer can kick, rather than only 45 seconds on the generator you charged the perk on.