Ermm are you trolling me Behaviour?

Options

So basically you can place one turret then get another and another and another infinitely?

Comments

• UnknownKiller
    UnknownKiller Member Posts: 3,024
    Options

Okay cuz i saw a streamer taking turrets 2 times and i tho that if everyone can take infinite.Alien is gonna be hot as hell

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,507
    Options

This is why PTB feedback is so important - it's very easy to misunderstand something when you are just watching it. As you are relying on the way that person plays.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 893
    edited August 2023
    Options

Even that turret dispensor have a number with the amount of turrets remaining.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,255
    edited August 2023
    Options

The question is, how much close can the turrets be? Because even if the rate of losing power is the same no matter how many turrets burn you, the best case scenario I have seen so far is the bar filling half by destroying just one with a tail attack, meaning that if two turrets are too close to each other even if you destroy one of them the other is guaranteed to take your power away.

Also, what prevents survivors to abuse this by using one of their multiple Endurances to body block you from the turret? Something like "I have Endurance, I know you going to hit me soon, so I'm going to go straight to the turret and stand between you and it." As far as I can think of, the only options would be hit him, which would result in him gaining distance and you being slowed down by the fire and a M1 killer until your power restores, or having to drop the chase because you know it's going to take another chase to catch him and is not worth it.

In my opinion, survivors shouldn't have the ability to nullify the killer's power for the whole game (AKA having infinite countermeasure items against him) to begin with, but if they have it at least it would be nice if they won't be able to put him in any more lose/lose situations with them.

PD: If PTB feedback is so important, it would be nice for you to bring it to other platforms as well, so everyone can give their first-hand opinion on the changes and new features being tested.

PD2: Now that I think about it... what prevents survivors to abuse the turrets mechanic when they are simply not injured? After all they will still slow you down in place, make you lose your power, and they will gain a lot of distance for just a simple hit. Having an Endurance perk like DH would just mean that they would be able to do that to you two times in a row with two different turrets.

Post edited by Batusalen on
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,376
    Options

For some reason I still want to see a picture of a bully SWF using all 4 of the turrets at once to burn the Xenomorph. Poor Xeno-doggo is gonna get burned to a crisp.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 5,998
    Options

Even then, with how easy it is for the xenomorph to go back into his crawling stance its not a massive deal. very easy to get back into that stance

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,718
    Options

PTB Feedback is important, but consoles have this little thing called patch certification which prevents them from bringing the PTB to consoles. Or something along those lines anyway. All I know is that it takes too much time.

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298
    Options

There’s not enough endurance in a match to body block a Xeno from damaging turrets indefinitely. The longest that this could possibly happen without getting into really niche, only theoretical situations (not that this situation is even likely) is 4 turrets close together, each body blocked once by each survivor. In that situation it might take a min to break all 4 but those survivors aren’t doing gens then either so it’s really just a short battle of attrition until the draw is broken.

Plus if they’re that close together runner mode isn’t even needed. Just down them.

• Batusalen
    Options

That didn't prevent other developers to do all kinds of Betas and test of their games. Either way, what is the excuse for not having a PTB for Epic, then?

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    Options

Speaking of which I wonder if bhvr ever considered putting a console equivalent of the ptb behind the Xbox insider program at one point

• Batusalen
    edited August 2023
    Options

You are forgetting that the fire slows downs the alien, the hit itself also slows down the alien, and survivors gain speed when hit (and with MFT, oh boy...).

In short, they don't need to do it indefinitely, they only need to do it once per chase everytime they have endurance available and you would just stand there getting roasted and powerless while they gain a looooooot of distance, wasting all the time you invested in chasing them.

Either way, the problem here would be that you are allowed to even do that in the first place, not how many times you would be able to do it (if it is possible, I don't know if you can even do it and that's why I asked).

• Kaitsja
    Options

About the Public Test Builds

Platform Availability:

The Public Test Build is only available to Players of the Steam version of Dead by Daylight, which excludes any other PC-version and the Console versions.

This is because Steam is the only platform/store that provides the Developers with a convenient way to temporarily publish and modify a beta build without requiring to go through lengthy certification processes, let alone provide it as an option in the first place.

@Mandy could probably elaborate further on how the PTB differs from ordinary betas.

• MDRSan
    MDRSan Member Posts: 298
    Options

Seriousness aside, when I first read about the turrets and hadn’t yet played and tested them on the PTB I did have a moment of - ‘Aha! So you want to 3 gen, skull merchant? Well who’s 3 genning now, huh? How’s it feel? HOW’S IT FEEL?!?’ Lol.

• Batusalen
    Options

I don't think it needs more elaboration, it says it right there: Because it is an inconvenience for them. That's the difference. Sorry, but you are trying to defend the indefensible for some reason that I have to say, I don't get.

• Kaitsja
    Options

I'm not trying to defend anything. I'm simply explaining the reason to you.

• Batusalen
    Options

And I thank you so much for it, but I didn't ask for anybody to explain it to me, I just said that it would be nice if they do it because at the end of the day, we all know the only real reason for not doing it is "It would cost time and money".

A perfectly valid reason, totally understandable and don't have anything against it, but if it is really that important to get your info about the PTB first hand instead of watching it somewhere before giving feedback then it would be nice to be able to play the PTB in all platforms so all the community could give their informed opinion without having to spend another 20 bucks to have the privilege.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,459
    Options

I think the turrets are fine... if you make Alien faster so there is need for countering him in some way.

• Batusalen
    Options

True, a little bonus to movement and vault speed while in runner form wouldn't hurt making him more unique, would help justifying turrets current way of working and would make him feel more "Alien like". I mean, xenomorphs are stealthy, fast and mobile and he doesn't feel like any of those things in here (except in the tunnels).