Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Game appears to be fully broken: either not initializing, can’t load save game, or more.

Chad246emr
Chad246emr Member Posts: 17

PS5 here. This started last night around 11:00pm EST by me getting left behind in the player lobby when a match lobby was found and my friends went into it. I gave up trying to play last night, and now this morning I am getting the following error messages:

• initialization error at loading screen
  • save game error at loading screen
  • No network connection at loading screen
  • disconnected from host if I make it to my lobby
  • no friends appearing in friend menu if I make it to my lobby
  • save game error (or similar, can’t remember exactly what this one said but I know it was different than the one I see in the loading screen) if I make it to my lobby.

The game literally isn’t playable for me right now and I can’t get it to let me load into a match. Is anyone else dealing with this?

4 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• Chad246emr

I’ll add that I’ve tested my network connection and it’s fully functional. Tried different Wi-Fi connections since I have multiple to no avail.

• Chad246emr

I’ll add that I’ve since also gotten invalid game version (after already applying todays update file) error message at loadout, dedicated server not responding when I finally made it to a lobby and attempted to load into a match, and player level error if I’m in a lobby. I’m pretty much seeing every error message possible.

I also tried installing the PS4 version of the game, and it worked for one match this morning, but now when I try to load it up it won’t work. Same error messages as above.

• Floreslongasilive
    Floreslongasilive Member Posts: 3

It's been happening often that while in a swf, 2 of us will load in and one is stuck on a blank screen with a campfire. So we have to back out and wait for them or me to restart the game completely. Even the game loading up takes forever

• obrandobooya
    obrandobooya Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Yes I agree. I have been having the same issues on my end. I just get every error possible and can't play survivor at all. I can play a full killer game but then it crashes on me after

• unicorn_4u
    unicorn_4u Member Posts: 1

Same here, i have to restart the game twice, than i can get in a lobby. Play one match, but after i need to restart again and again. Its not fun playing anymore... :(

• jaso1n
    jaso1n Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2023

Wanted to add to this thread that this exact same issue has been happening to me around the same time last night also on PS5. I’ve received different errors:

-connection lost

-unable to connect to the store

-initialization error

-no network found (my network is completely normal)

Editing this, just was able to load into a lobby and as soon as I pressed to play as survivor an error came up saying I was signed out of PlayStation network and returned me to title screen. Now getting nonstop initialization errors when trying to load game.

• iii_Ritual_iii
    iii_Ritual_iii Member Posts: 1

Registered an account just to sign on to this because I'm having the exact same issues on PS5.

I was playing earlier in the day and found it odd that after the patch it said I had a client version mismatch despite having just patched the game before opening it. A restart got me in, but then after completing a bloodweb page the next page failed to load, and I could not back out of the screen - after a couple of minutes I determined the best thing to do was force quit the game. Now I went to sign back on tonight and several separate issues prevent me from signing in. the main difference is after multiple game restarts and console power cycles - I can't even get in at all. It seems like it fails or hangs at a different spot each time.

• initialization error at loading screen (or hanging at initialization completed)
    • save game error at loading screen (where it provides a link to submit something to, advising my save could not be used)
    • No network connection at loading screen
    • hanging at "loading consent"
    • hanging at calculating latency
    • error code 8007 - cannot connect to online services. Please try again later. Every other game loads to online servers just fine.

Update: Managed to get to the lobby, looks like the bloodweb page I had completed before reverted as if it hadn't saved. I completed it again and it did load the following page but then kicked me back to the lobby with a "The connection to the party has been lost" error. Attempting to clear the error and select a survivor now provides a Failed to create a party error. It's me, party of 1.

Update 2: Was able to select a character and join a game, as the match start countdown hit zero, I was booted back to the menu with a "dedicated server is not responding; disconnecting..." error.

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,910

Post update I am getting the "Cannot connect to store - cannot retrieve list of the available content" error. Can't make it any further. (I'm on PS5).

• SAF3TYRA1LS
    SAF3TYRA1LS Member Posts: 178

This has been happening to me too! Kept getting kicked out and now after the update it won't load at all because it cannot connect to store??

• Mockingjay_S451
    Mockingjay_S451 Member Posts: 393
    edited August 2023

I was able to play fine yesterday/last night after the update, played for a good few hours. But now today when I go to log in I am getting the error about not being able to load into the store. I am on PS5.

• eggsaladsandwic
    eggsaladsandwic Member Posts: 3

HELP US I WANT MY 50K LOGIN BONUS. legit been kicked out all day 😭😭