The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Balance favours Killers.

If my last 50 games as Killer and Survivors taught me something is that Killers have it too easy and peaceful.

Escape rate is as low as it gets,for me atleast.

My Killrate is 3+ on a bad day,and I let a lot of survivors escape because I feel pity for them.

Hell...I haven't even been able to escape and collect 1 item...

What do developers do all day?

Play Killer once a month vs SWF.

How can anyone justify this...

Comments

• Sharby
    Sharby Member Posts: 498

Killers have it easier but I would absolutely not say killers have it easy unless you play Wesker. Survivor has also gotten plenty of strong changes that puts them in a good spot, so I disagree as a Survivor main.

Most people, including most good players, would not be able to successfully play killer against a good SWF. So you have to put some respect on the people who work hard to be good at killer, it takes a lot of effort and skill to pull it off.

• Luckyfer
    Luckyfer Member Posts: 80

A lot of them.

I keep away from Nurse,Blight and Hag.

Blight makes me dizzy and sweaty and Hag's too 4D chess.

Nurse...I'm afraid I might learn her too much.

Since the anniversary,I've played mostly Wesker,Artist,Trickster and Nemesis...sprinkled with some Skull Merchant.

Out of all of these,Wesker is the strongest and easiest,Artist and SK bring me the same results while Trickster and Nemesis are build dependent,frustrating and clumsy to play.

They're not designed well at all!

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,132

A lot of my teammates make it really easy on the killer by not playing. They UE around the edges of the map, they get birds in lockers, and they absolutely avoid gens. Annoyingly even the bots are playing the same way. The AI loves to sandbag just like the jerks it's replacing.

Unless you chain killers to the ground so they can't move, there's no way to balance for that garbage. Trying to play the current event with my friend is miserable. Our teammates are hiding while we take all the aggro. If the killer sees them, they sandbag us on our nearly finished gen, pop it to steal the bonus BP, and then go back into hiding. How can the killer not win in these matches?

• Luckyfer

Oh bohohooo,Mr. Killers haven't gotten 4Ks and 50 wins in a row,how stressful...

You might want to relax by playing Nurse and showing these power role Survivors proper manners!

That ought to teach them not to understimate you again!

• foggyheaded
    foggyheaded Member Posts: 9

Welcome to the world of no escapes.

I play with a casual swf sometimes and we can go HOURS without an escape. Idk why they even keep playing lol

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,060

And you don't see how it's your dumb teammates making you lose, and not the killer being too strong?

• Luckyfer

I already said which killers I play most and with which perform best.

• TragicSolitude

What? That's exactly what I was saying. How did you misread 'there's no way to balance for garbage survivors' to mean I agree with the OP that killers are too strong?

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,283

I feel like morale is also a factor. The amount of times it'll be 2 survivors left and my random teammate does NOTHING is infuriating. 1 gen left, I'm leading the killer on a long chase while keeping an eye on the HUD to see nothing at all. We both DEFINITELY could've escaped, but now it's gonna be a hatch game.

• TragicSolitude

Oh yeah, morale is definitely a factor when it gets down to two survivors left. But I'm frustrated beyond belief by how often this non-participation is going on from the beginning with all four survivors still in the match. The HUD shows them doing nothing, and then my friend or I will get downed to see the other two survivors are getting in and out of lockers or just hanging out on the second story of some building doing nothing. This was a serious problem before the event, but now it happens in at least half of our matches if not more.

This happens with aggressive killers, farming killers, and AFK killers. The survivors are the problem. I see many survivors who escape with fewer than 8k points. That shouldn't be possible.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,283

I can sorta understand on indoor maps, because finding gens can be a pain... but I've seen it happen on every map. Personally... I've been bringing Deja vu lately so I'm not the unproductive teammate.

• Xendritch
    Xendritch Member Posts: 1,842

Trapper is truly a menace to society.

• Luckyfer

You can get your own proof from Twitch...

Or you can play yourself.

And I don't owe you or anyone proof to have an opinion,which might be a fact.

You and that Hillbilly guy shouldn't be allowed on these discussions,it's obvious you're trolls.

You need proof to know someone is injured when the wound is visible,there are plenty more of these posts,and would be more if you weren't invalidating anyone's opinion.

And I highly doubt me giving you or the other guy any of my gameplay would solve anything.

At best you'll point out every survivor mistake ever,be either mine or my opponents.

And like I said,there's plenty of data on YouTube and Twitch...mostly on Twitch.

• coco_shotz
    coco_shotz Member Posts: 249

While I agree with your statement I think simply putting all the survivor bias on swf is not very healthy. How many actual 4 squad sweat swfs do you actually see vs the amount of casual solo or 2 stack

• coco_shotz

While the lower levels do often have a killer stomp rate, how can you say that the only viable part of taking MMR seriously is at the top when swfs dominate the field? 4 solo survivors with high MMR can be 3 or 4k by a killer of the same caliber

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,452

Playing any killer nowadays is more than possible with relative ease thanks to how bad matchmaking has been.

Also both sides can have negative experiences, just sayin

• Sharby
    Sharby Member Posts: 498

Well that's the thing.

I think Killer as a whole is easier because MMR algorithm is subpar, I can queue up as killer at any point on any killer and 80-90% of my games will be casual or lower-skilled players, even when I used to sweat really hard on Killer (4k'ing/tunneling/camping) if I played 20 games, 16 were stomps, 2 were challenging, and 2 I got stomped due to the survivors being way better.

However, the higher you go skillwise the more having to play against four brains puts the killer at a disadvantage. Killer becomes exponentially more difficult if all four survivors know what to do, which is why in tournaments everyone is limited so heavily (from my knowledge, I don't really keep up with comp DBD.)

With this in mind its why I don't really take posts about killers being unplayable seriously, very few people ever get to play killer at the level where killer is stressful as heck, and even in strong survivor metas, killer is still easier to play. That being said, people who act like killer as a whole takes no skill are equally as dumb tbh.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,265

the difficulty of the game is honestly so random for both sides imo, you can get the easiest matches in the world one day and then get super hard matches the next. Tho it's much simpler to get easy matches as killer since you can basically control what your side takes unlike how you have to find 3 other like minded survivors who are good in order to get super easy matches.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,528

No offense but it sounds like you are in low MMR hell. That doesn't necessarily you mean you are bad at the game but it does mean that getting out of there won't be easy. Unfortunately such a thing exists in every multiplayer coop game. In DBD it is probably at its worst since you play in a team of 4 against 1 person. That means that all 4 should work together but especially in low MMR this does not work out. You get team mates that have no idea what they are doing you get team mates that are just bad and all of this drags you down.

Once you get out of there it will be better though. You will still get the occasional incredibly bad lobby but overall it is manageable.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,982

I hardly ever get less than 3 kills as Huntress and Doc who are my 2 mains. I literally have to throw to get less than a 3k

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,719

peaceful? yes. easy? yes but not all the time. as a killer only good loopers, an efficient team and maybe immersive survivors give you a hard time whereas as survivor many things can make your experience a lot harder, things that don't even require skill. and there's "teammates" factor as well. the issue is there aren't too many very good survivors that know what they are doing, there aren't too many good killers either but killers can use skilless "tactics" to win.

• Xernoton

I did not say that. You misunderstand the point.

I am of the believe that most people are in mid MMR. Even most of the people that claim they are in high MMR are probably just average players. So we should mostly balance around that level (because most of us are there). Which BHVR does more or lest successful. Sometimes it feels like survivors can make an infinite amount of mistakes and still stomp you by doing the bare minimum and other times it feels as though the killer is unbeatable.

This is because both sides make mistakes, often without even realizing it. There are also a number of other factors like maps and loadouts that can turn the match in one's favor.

I genuinely think that Peanits said the truth when he shared with us that only a very small portion of players is in high and low MMR. This portion is probably so small that for survivors only the very best solos and SWFs get up there. Which means they do stand a very real chance against the killers they face. They won't make huge mistakes and they will show some basic level of coordination no matter if they are in a SWF or solo group. At that level most killers just can't realistically compete anymore. Because if survivors work efficiently they outpace about 75% of the killer roaster by default. And then you also need to consider what happens when all survivors are good not just in the 1v4 but also in the 1v1.

Your average to somewhat good killer relies on the survivor making mistakes to end their chases more quickly. When these don't happen, then the killer takes much longer to get a down, which leads to less pressure resulting into more free gen time for survivors, which leads to faster games and more survivors escaping.

What I write in this paragraph is only a theory as we do not have any official explanation for it. If you have another theory feel free to disagree and inform me about any flaws in this argument. The reason we haven't seen kill rates drop significantly in high MMR is because BHVR have shown us kill rates that portrayed how well the top 5% killers on each individual killer did. Meaning that it is possible that the highest MMR Freddy main is just barely below the soft cap for high MMR and for that reason plays against average players. The MMR system should limit matches where killers get absolutely destroyed severely (and I assume it does). This would also lead to killers only getting to a point where they can still barely compete with very little exceptions (highest level survivor groups). Any higher than that and their win-lose ratio leads to their MMR dropping and their matches getting slightly easier (presumably), which balances their kill rates out again.

Basically what I am saying is that most killers have a lower cap in what they can achieve than survivors. Meaning, at some point it doesn't matter how good you are as killer. Because you get held back by the game. More so than the survivors.

• Luckyfer

I am not in low elo,actually I am trying to depip to get easier and more calm games.

And please in the future don't reply to me without proof of your achievements as survivors.

I need concrete proof of you facing the Nurse whom,I believe both you and the Reinami guy said "has counterplay".

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,122

Maybe because if the average Killer has a hard time to win even against average Survivors, then the player might just stop playing Killer? If playing Killer is tuned to be more stressful and difficult, why would your average player commit to playing the role long term?

• coco_shotz

I do agree that playing killer is far from skilless as it requires you to learn and adapt to multiple different play styles (both from the different killers and the different squads you will face) as well as it seems like both sides seem to face inequality matchmaking (I recently made my own post regarding this) on top of never considering things such as the map, the chosen killer, the skills of the survivors and their builds. Dbd is far too random to be balanced

• Xernoton
    edited August 2023

I'm not sure what you mean by depipping. Because that has nothing to do with matchmaking. You can reach Iri 1 and still lose most of your matches. It's just a lot harder because you get a lot of points for winning. If you want easier matches, then you need to lose. Otherwise your MMR won't decrease.

I am not insanely good as survivor either. But I've noticed that since the HUD change my solo queue games have gotten a lot better. Part of that is me having more info and being able to make better decisions and also my team mates that have gotten a lot better. I still have the occasional dc or hook suicide but these don't happen as often as you implied. For me it's a rather rare occurence.

I didn't imply anything about Nurse. I think she lacks counterplay but she is also the 1 thing that killers have to go against the strongest the survivors can show up with. She is a crutch and too strong for casual players but somehow balanced for the absolute highest level players. I don't know where you would have seen me say something like: "Nurse has sufficient counterplay." I'm pretty sure you mistake me for someone else here.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't check the usernames. You replied to a post that was not directed at you but at @TragicSolitude and I didn't realize it wasn't them who replied. So now I have probably mixed up some things.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

That's exactly what I unironically think, for once because I'm good enough to win most of my games, and second because my source of stress in game comes from the blatant misplays of my team mates that throw a whole match, while on killer if I lose I can only blame it on my mistakes

Killer is definitely a lot less stressful than survivor