If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What is the reason to not nerf Blight?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moonras2
    Moonras2 Member Posts: 256
    edited August 2023
    Options

I personally don't watch or really care about comp play but I think you left a few things out. From what I seen on the tournament rules, for Battlefy, there are restrictions on both sides. Not just the survivor side.

The only items I saw survivors can't bring are maps, keys, and event addons. Only common and uncommon items and addons can be used though. They can't have duplicates of perks, items, or characters. No where did it say this was to help with tunneling.

Killers can only use rare add-ons up to a certain point in the tournament. Then they also must only use common or uncommon addons. They also must use killers from a pool in each round. They can't just choose what's considered the strongest killer every round.

It doesn't look like killers or survivors are allowed to use a map or any other offering. I didn't see anything about them having to use a hatch offering. I also didn't see that they can't open chest or try to unhook themselves.

I'm sure the rules change from organizers and specific tournaments. Just looking at the rules though it looks like a mix of forcing balance with variety and not all the rules are imposed just because they think survivors are too strong.

Edit: I looked up some other tournaments and see the rules change a little depending on the tournament. I did see one with the offerings and things you were talking about.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,776
    Options

The only problem about streamers, is their experience with the game is painted much differently from the newer and mid level experience. They only understand their matches, which are all in the highest bracket of matchmaking available. However, that is both too large and too small of a range. 'Top-MMR' is the top 25% of the playerbase, so their suggestions are good for 1 in 4 players. The issue is the remaining 75% of the playerbase. I would go as far as to say anyone engaging on Youtube comments, Twitch chat, the subreddit, and this forum, are all in the top 50% of the playerbase by default. There is a huge percentage of people who are horrifically bad, and simply play to pass the time, while never caring to learn more about the game. Streamer's suggestions typically don't have the bottom 75% of the playerbase in mind with their recommendations. All that being said...

I totally agree that the devs must be on some strong narcotics to nerf Clown/Demo/etc. before even touching any of the numerous problems with Blight.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,402
    Options

I play blight and 5 of his add-ons can be nerfed justifiably. Alch ring, c33, adren(Far too forgiving in the wrong ways), both speeds could be either changed to additive values or reduced by a %. I really don't think iri tag needs a nerf when you realize people see that add-on one every 2 decades, it's definitely op in the right hands though.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,392
    Options

You really can’t have a discourse about the game anymore without getting people like this…

Go make your own discussion about this, stop trying to derail everything with MfT, this literally has nothing to do with it.

• Necrobot
    Necrobot Member Posts: 46
    Options

Hello. Maybe it's an hot take but i think his power is on par with spirit and nurse (mobilily and lethality).

Anyway, as you said, they really need to change the problematics add ons and exploits, then "monotoring" the performance. Maybe he will be fair to face then.

• WW1PilotAce
    WW1PilotAce Member Posts: 60
    Options

you can say it as long as you want but it doesnt matter how many times you say it, you are wrong.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

I just ignore people like him/her.

I argued so much before and i just give up.

• BillToLast
    BillToLast Member Posts: 73
    Options

Your second paragraph literally reiterates exactly what I said. Only up to yellow (uncommon) quality items. Keys and maps start at green (rare) quality.

Weaker killers, such as Dredge or Huntress, are allowed to bring up to green and sometimes purple rarity addons (e.g. Flower Babushka). Survivors are always banned from anything above yellow, even when facing Blight or Nurse.

Duplicate characters are exactly to help with tunneling, you don't need to say it outright when it's clearly implied. Everyone looking different makes it far easier for the killer to recognize who they are chasing, which is necessary for tunneling.

No map offerings are allowed, because the map is selected by organizers at the beginning. Hatch offerings are mandatory on any map that allows them (so none for indoor maps). And I'm not sure how you missed the unhooking/chest rules, since it's pretty much a staple in 90% of tournaments in order to reduce RNG. Dramaturgy seems to be banned as well, since it can heavily scew odds due to random chance.

Killers do have some perk restrictions sometimes (depends on the killer), such as banning certain slowdown combos to prevent dragging out the match, though by now most of such combos have been nerfed.

And Skull Merchant is usually banned as well. Go figure.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

Theory that hasn't been posited, fixing hug tech would mess up other parts of the game's code and would be a massive investment to address, so it hadn't been done, and thus addons aren't touched because it would look weird to fix those while leaving a bug in play.

• Moonras2
    Options

Below is why I saw nothing about hatch offerings. For this tournament anyway. There was another tournament I did see the hatch offerings. Both of them had to be used though, not just one. That means it isn't just to help the killer, it sounds like it's more for giving a 50/50 chance on who chooses the right building. I also don't see anything about unhooking/chest rules in this one but in another one I saw that killers must run cut coin.

I said all this because you made it sound like all restrictions are on survivors because they consider them too powerful. There are however restrictions on both sides. To me it seems more in line with bringing variety and entertainment for spectators.

Tournament Restrictions

Add-ons & Perk Restrictions

• Killer Add-ons: Only Common and Uncommon add-ons are Allowed. Rare add-ons are Allowed for all rounds of play up-to & until the Quarter Finals. Rare add-ons are NOT usable in the Quarter Finals, Semi-Finals and Grand Finals.
    • Survivor Items/Item Add-ons: No event Items can be used. Keys and Maps are not to be used. Survivor team is not allowed to bring any item type more than once or equip any perk more than once. Only Common and Uncommon items and add-ons allowed for Survivors in all rounds.
    • Offerings: Not Allowed
    • Perk / Item Restrictions: All Survivors must have Unique Perks & Items. Survivors may not have Duplicate Perks, or Items

New Content

• Anytime a new Killer, Survivor, Perk, or Item is added to the game, it may not be used for 2 weeks from the release date in any Community Cup event in order to ensure appropriate time for the community to learn & experiment with the new content.

• BillToLast
    Options

The first, second and fourth rules are exactly what I said above. The final rule is obvious, which is why Eternal was disqualified for using Nicolas Cage.

Different tournaments have somewhat different variations, but the staple of non-repeating perks and items is always there.

Banning survivors from bringing a certain perk twice as well as most good items is a HUGE restriction that is not even remotely comparable to killer addon restrictions. Nurse and Artist, for example, have very strong yellow and brown meta addons.

That repeat ban by itself would seriously scew the tournaments in the killer's favor. Yet in majority of top tier player matches, survivors end up getting at least a 3-man out and killers consider getting 2 kills an overwhelming victory.

Which all proves that the game is still very survivor-sided, but most survivors lack the skill or desire to play at their full potential, which is why even the Trapper has a 60% kill rate.

SoloQ is not really an argument, when I escape about 50% of my trials as survivor despite always running meme builds. And most matches where I don't escape are due to nobody repairing generators or people leaving me to die on first hook.

• Moonras2
    edited August 2023
    Options

Yes above you did list those but in the original post I quoted you only mentioned survivor restrictions. Which is why I posted what it said for both sides. You are right that limiting the survivor loadouts to one perk or item per person is very strong. So is not being able to use Nurse or Blight in every game of the tournament. If its all because they think survivors are still too strong then they wouldn't place restrictions on killers used. Unless the restrictions are looking for variety in play.

I'm not arguing anything about solo queue. That's a whole other topic. I'm not even really arguing balance.

• Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    Options

The devs aren't good with him, so they don't understand how beyond broken he is.

• BillToLast
    Options

The tournaments work in rounds, with each round allowing certain specific killers to choose from. Nurse and Blight are offered just as much as any other killer. With 30 other killers in the game, they obviously wouldn't be picked very often.

• Sava18
    Options

His mobility is far above nurse or spirit easily. His lethality is strong but you have to realize people don't learn this killer enough to be truly efficient at countering him. There are objectively strong things you can do to counter a blight that no other killer could receive.

5-6 add-ons are genuinely in need of a nerf and his so called exploits only serve to mitigate rush usage during map traversal and give him the same mind game potential(maybe slightly greater) as a m1 killer at a filler pallet.

Blight and exploit in the same sentence is just an excuse for people in one way or another.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

I don't argue when i see i can't change their minds. There is no point to do this. I am using forum to share my opinions and honestly i don't care if you like them or hate them. They are not click bait posts. They are my opinions.

You are free to not read my posts. I never forced you to write me or read my posts? So i don't know why you are complaining about me lol. You just can ignore me like how i am ignoring some people.

• Sava18
    Options

I don't like when people share their opinions and then don't explicate on them. You literally said you argued but you never do. I gave you a point and you gave up without any logical or knowledgeable points.

I know more about blight than maybe 3 people on this forum. I genuinely am extremely unbiased in regards to this killer.

I tell you why I think hug tech is fine, I give paragraphs why I think so.

Your response? The devs said it was a bug. LMAO. That's not an opinion, you don't even have your own thoughts on the matter and yet you make a post about it. It doesn't matter what I say, you'll fall back on "but the devs said" every time.

You haven't tried to change my mind, you just say some superficial things, repeat them a few times and give up. There is no conversation happening, I hope you see that.

Please, please make a genuine response to this. I want your full thoughts on my killer and any other topic you create that is always "hot". I want to hear something real. I don't like arguing for the sake of it but I am not a fan of people starting arguments and then providing nothing towards it. At that point you just look like you are instigating and that genuinely is the case ATM. Same energy as the previously banned "skill_issue" account.

It's unfortunate because I know I'll end up with nothing or a couple sentences.

• EternalRique
    EternalRique Member Posts: 114
    Options

What will be funny is if he gets the Nurse & Spirit treatment LOL, Where it's a "nerf" cause "nerfed" Nurse is better than before (Buffed Iri add-on + Sloppy Butcher in an addon + Coup De Grace in an add-on) and Spirit is too (Dried cherryblossom more precise = better + Mother daughter ring STILL being amazing + Rusty Flute).

I feel they'll balance him better but he'll definitely STILL be S-tier.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

Oh yeah , i remember now.

Creator of Blight called hug tech is not intended and called it bug. BHVR said this bug will be fixed. But Sava18 know better then all of these people. Silly BHVR.

Blight has one of the best map mobility. Blight has one of the strongest anti-loop. Blight can break pallet with his power. He has best killer add-ons in game. With all of these stuff, he also has 4.6 speed. Poor Blight, such a weak killer. We should make hug tech his base-kit.

Hug tech is problem because it's a bug. Even if it was his kit, i would still ask to remove it. Because he is fast killer. Especially when you combine speed add-ons. He will hit you even before you react to his hug-tech. Leave the loop, break the LoS does not work against him because he is much faster then you. Pallets and vaults supposed to counter his power but Hug-Tech removes it.

But yeah, we silly survivors knows what? We just whine about killers, cry for nerfs. We even make bait posts bla bla bla. Blight is just fine, actually no. His brown add-ons are garbage. Buff them to C33 level.

I am sure your opinion will be changed. Now i know you will come with "But Blight has counters! Hug-tech can be countered by leaving the loop!" which is not true. His speed will be enough to catch you. Even he miss, what? Even you make distance what? Few seconds and he will remove all distance you made.

His exploits need to be removed. If you wanna make them base-kit, sure. Then make his cooldown like Spirit's. So you will have longer cooldown on your power when you miss it.

Fair? Sure, i am sure i changed your opinion or at least will make you think about it. Highly doubt but yeah.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,194
    Options

Im going to refer to what was said on the Ptb feedback regarding the nerf to demos iri addon: number changes and simple changes are easily implemented. Bigger reworks take more time.

This is what I suppose is the case for blight. His addons are probably getting a complete rework, therefore the changes take so long despite it being a hot topic.

However, the decision making at Bhvr is rather weird as of late (Made for this not changed, new buckle up, nerf to demo at all, etc.) They could at least be a little more transparent about the changes planned for him and that they are even acknowledge that he is problematic.

I hope the changes to blight come sooner that later.

• Brimp
    Brimp Member Posts: 2,760
    Options

Ah the 1k winstreak that was built upon 4 insane slowdown stacking, hyper tunneling/camping, addons and East Coast which is basically known for its bad players.

• camping_site
    camping_site Member Posts: 136
    Options

He is fine. Actually he is the last killer which is strong and obeys basic gameplay rules (ok, maybe wesker as well, but he has too much passive game slowdown value). Only problem is ridiculous wall hug and iri add ons.

• Sava18
    Options

You know I have been busy with college for the past week and this was your response?

Creator of blight called the hug tech non intended but agreed it was fine as a supplementary aspect of his kit until he could fully realize the collision he envisioned, guess what that's no longer possible.

It's actually crazy that I went back and fully read my post and you still didn't make a real argument. I am actually so baffled right now. I don't think you realize how anti-killer player I have been for the past year, I have mained survivor since 6.1.0. I argue about blight because people like you talk about him without any real knowledge.

Again, you didn't make a single new point here. Just regurgitated the same non-sense that holds no real value. I could ask why to every single sentence you made, because you didn't explicate on a single thing I asked just talked to the non-existent person you think I am.

I really can only assume you like baiting people based on this reply, I was hoping for even one thing I can go off of.

@Spare_Them_Mori_Me Sorry but there was no real conversation to be had here. I begged them and they still gave me no real conversation. Basically just called me a killer main and then said hug tech shuts down everything.

• ProHillbillyMain
    ProHillbillyMain Member Posts: 131
    Options

It's inevitable at this point : C33, Tag, Ring, Vial, Crow, C21, Rat will get nerfed, sooner or later.

Also don't argue with Sava18 he is known from his posts, comments and videos that he is a blight main and uses ring, Crow and rat in his videos. He has a massive skill issue and needs to get hard carried by no brain addons. :D

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

So based on stats, we need to nerf Pinhead, Sadako, Freddy and Wesker?

Some nerfs for Dredge, Pig and Plague too?

• MrPenguin
    MrPenguin Member Posts: 2,342
    edited August 2023
    Options

They make up for not being as good as actual comp by being able to meta perk and item stack. You don't need to be a comp level SWF when you can just run 4 MFT+Hope+Resi ect. and have your perks carry you.

End result is the same: most killers can't compete if the survivors aren't bad at the game. It's not as bad as actual comp but its still too much for most of the killer cast.

The main thing keeping most killers "playable" is that the majority of survivors are bad. It falls apart as soon as you encounter a decent-good team.

Whether that's balanced or not is dependent on viewpoint, but if we're using "the average survivor" as a balance point we also need to use "the average Blight" which is not getting amazing results due to difficulty to play. So he would be fine under that model.

If we're using "good Blights" we need to use "good survivors" which would mean 80-90% of the killers need buffs.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,010
    Options

Look, i disagree with the concept that we should balance around average players. But just read around the forums sometime and people will say that. So the devs are doing what you all want.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    Options

And i have no business with these people?

I am only asking to nerf Blight add-ons for obvious reasons.

• Cypherius
    Cypherius Member Posts: 129
    Options

I don't think perks and item stacking can close the gap between Comp and regular Swfs. Regardless, i do think The MfT meta and the Commodious toolboxes should be nerfed alongside Blight and Nurse. A tier killers are perfectly viable outside of comp play tough.

Pretty sure we mostly agree on the other points.

I do wish they balanced around the high levels more often. But its understandable that they focus on the average player.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515
    edited August 2023
    Options

Maybe they haven't nerfed Blight because he is :

Fun to play.

Fun to learn.

Fun for survivors to learn to play against AND rewarding once those skills are progressed.

At least for me, he also requires a lot of map memorization work. Many hours of bumping when you want to slide and sliding when you want to bump on set pieces that look really similar in place. So similar to Wesker and separate from a Nurse journey there is a very important but secondary skill set to learn, aside from the mouse button and flick stuff.

As for his add-ons:

I think they address situations and approaches that SWF will use and most of the addons counter a specific tactic. So aside from iri tag, I think they all have a place and add to the character. Maybe they could use a little brush up, but major design changes seem like a bad idea. Also its Behavior, they don't seem to understand tweaking things, they just break their stuff.

And other killer add-ons should be as diverse in their capabilities.