Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Cosmetic Descriptions

Loolrenzo
Loolrenzo Member Posts: 6
edited August 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

I know this may be an annoying take but i feel very disappointed by recent cosmetic descriptions.

It's been screamed about all around Twitter (or X if you feel like it) but i haven't seen much talk about it here.

Even though recent cosmetics have been lovely and the larger quantity and more diverse characters being chosen (although with some outliers, i.e. David), the cosmetic descriptions have become just that... descriptions.

They just say whatever the character is wearing. "She thrifted this top"; "She wore this to terrify her victims"; "They wore this at a costume party"...

It feels very... Bland. These are just saying what the clothes are, and give us very little information about a character. We get one piece of info, and that may have already be pretty explicit in their lore "Skull Merchant likes to terrify her victims? We couldn't tell!"

I'm kind of a lore buff. The things i like about this game the most are it's characters and the world they created. Yes, i do enjoy the gameplay a lot too, but i doubt i'd have stayed if i wasn't so captivated with these virtual people that i can kill (or get killed as).

So i've always seen cosmetics as some kind of glimpse into their life, one that we didn't get from their base lore or their tome stories. We learn that Jake was a cosplayer, we learn Feng's favourite game, we learn Adam took his students to a Trickster concert, we even learn how Jeff got his eye scar.

And lately... It fells like we don't get a glimpse at all. We don't learn about the character, there is no fun fact. We don't come to understand a bit more about them in any way, shape or form.

"They wore this once"

That's what we get.

Characters become simply that. They become an amalgamation of garnments and acessories and there's no more person to be found within that. It's making mannequins of the characters we should enjoy.

This may be meaningless, but it's disheartening to see that when a character gets a new cosmetic, there's nothing new about it, other than this:

This is no major complaint of any kind but i do hope they give more love to these little details, as that's part of what kept me in this game for as long as it did, and i'm sure would be enjoyed by many people out there

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments