The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

You think Alien is OP? Here is a quick guide to help you out

Welcome! The Alien has released 3 days ago and, as always, a lot of complainments from survivors about the powerlevel of the new killer came in hand in hand. On the other side, some Killer-Mains think he could need some little buffs like a less penalty when a Tail-Attack misses or a little faster recovery when you landed a hit with the tail-attack.

However, this post from a newborne Xeno-Main (XD) is for you, survivors. From my overwhelming experience of three days I can give all of you some small adviced how to counter the "OP-Xenomorph".

Shall we begin?

First you need to understand that the Xenomorph wants its tail as much as possible. Thanks to the possibility of using tunnels right from the start (other than a Freddy or Sadako who have a cooldown for their teleport), the spawn-location of the killer is ignorable. Also, you receive your tail before your first chase.

So what will Xeno most of the time do? Right, the first action likely will be to use the tunnels to activate the tail and to locate a survivor asap and start a chase in the first 10sec of the game.

Now, what does this mean to the survivors?

• Grab a Turret before doing anything else
  • Use that turret to prepare your chase-route you wanna go when Xeno is coming out next to you to deny its power OR, at least, get distance while Xeno has to suffer a weapon-animation when destroying the turret
  • Expect to get chased right from the start!

Next, you need to know that Xeno has a build-in Anti-Camping-Mechanic, which allows Xeno to come out of a Tunnel next to a hook much slower than usual. Keep this in mind.

Now: What can I do against the Tail-Attack.

• Use Turrets !!! They seem weak? I can tell you: They are not. Maybe they will not push Xeno out of Crawler-Mode that easily, because as the days go on more Xeno-Players will learn the timing when a Turret is vulnerable (not when you come out of a tunnel, you need to wait till the turret shoots at you as Xeno - I havent found out the trick to hit turrets before they shoot at me)
  • Learn to dodge ! This seems an easy take, but there are a few ways to counter the tail-attack with strategies you´ve learned against Wesker/Demo/Nemesis. Fake Window-Vaults (without an Item its much better because Items disappear when you start the Vault-Animation, so the killer knows when you perform a vault or not. Without an Item, you cannot predict it) and use your crouching behind Obstacles.
  • Learn that Xeno can hit over Cars, Pallets, Windows and smaller walls. Xeno can hit over Picknick-Tables etc.

What are Turrets do?

• The visibility is a bit harder (not much of a deal)
  • It CAN pull Xeno out of its power, making it to a PURE M1-KILLER without anything
  • It slows Xeno down with 2 ways: 1.) Xeno has to go through the recovery-time when destroying the turret and 2.) The movement-Speed of Xeno FEELS a bit slower than 4.6m/s. Im not sure, but I guess Xeno walks at 4.0m/s when inside the fire

Overall: Keep in mind that Xeno cannot use the tail-attack like Nemesis or Wesker, which can flick the attack to the left and right. Xeno get stucked at some point in the Tail-Attack-Animation, HOWEVER: Xeno can flick up and down, so experienced players will use this for their advantage, attacking over you and flick to the bottom to hit you. Keep this in mind. Dodging to the left or right is much better than dodging by using crouch. It can still works, but keep this in mind.

Xeno-Addons:

Personally, I really enjoy the green Helmet-Addon which inflicts you with Mangled when you get hitted by a Tail-Attack (so basically 50% Sloppy). Most of the addons are nerfs to Turrets or featuring around Turrets. There is not a single addon which increases the recovery-time, the Tail-Attack-Animation or extending the lunge. With this in mind, you do not have to learn to counter different types of Tail-Attacks, its limited to its basekit-settings.

Hopefully this can help you against Xenomorph, which personally I really enjoy to play as and against (more as). Overall, I think Xeno is in a very decent Spot, A-Tier without Op-Addon like Blight, a counterplay, a possibillity to disarm the killer, making him a pure M1-Killer, but with the option to regain the Power quite fast when using tunnels.

A very good design for both sides, enjoy learning to play as and against.

Comments