If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What if survivors were able to improve their perk?

Options

When you play as a survivor and play with their perks, you get additional effects

This will help make the survivors more than just skins for each other

Example: Jeff

Breakdown

-When Jeff rescues a survivor, the hook will break immediately after his rescue

Aftercare

-Survivors affected by this perks see other survivors if Jeff sees them

Distortion

-The blood and Jeff's pained voice are suppressed

It is worth noting that perks retain the same effects if you play survivor with their perks

Comments

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

Why do you even care? I gave an idea with an example

It will open up more diversity and killers will have to treat some survivors differently

We always hear killers main complain if the way the survivors are treated is changed, even in a small way

• Boons123
    Options

As if there is no way to create good effects without them being very strong

and there will still be mate perks no matter what

I don't know how constructive criticism can be if it's just "oh, I don't want that"

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,557
    Options

The whole idea hinges on the idea that the effects wont be good enough to be meta. That is the problem.You would need guidelines to ensure the implementation isn't going to be bad.

That is how constructive the criticism can get with an idea so loose as this one, suggesting that it will be balanced and fixed does nothing for your idea. It only makes your idea seem loose and hollow.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,206
    Options

There would always be meta, doesn't matter the effects.

Just let people play whatever they want without being at massive disadvantage. Different size and sound is bad enough...

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,410
    Options

It would just be a balancing nightmare. We already have 131 survivor perks in the game and with this system there would now have to be 2 versions of each perk. Some perks are already very strong and making them any better would make them too strong.

This would also decrease survivor variability since specific survivors would become meta. Survivors should never be anything more than just skins imo, it's a good thing that they are all the same.

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

You might be new to the forums. 90% of the people on here are killer mains who will always say no to survivor buffs.

I got attacked for saying the Xeno needed to be nerfed, and I am still being gaslit about it even after BHVR said she is bugged.

• Dream_Whisper
    Dream_Whisper Member Posts: 714
    Options

I see alot of problems brewing from the whole making Survivor perks basekit into their character they belong with.

1.) Survivors with the best teachable perks will be more common, then survivors with the weakest perks.

2.) A great amount of survivors mains, will be infuriated if not only their survivors main like say Jake (that's mine), suddenly is the only character that has basekit iron will, sabotage, and calm Spirit; but it would be terrible if no other Survivors xan learn their perks and make the game very limited without perk diversity.

3.) Survivors mains that like playing specifically characters, because they love the cosmetic appeal, character, and sounds, etc. Might be forced to abandon them; because said character doesn't have the best teachable perks and forced to play a Survivor that does.

Trust me, this is not TCM, we do not need this. I am fine with survivors being just cosmetic only and allow any player to choice on how they want to play in the match with whatever perks they want.

If anything, survivors perk balanced should just be the priority so that not all meta perks are completely viable and that anyone can run any perks. And maybe, do something about perk stacking abit; like the effects get weaken per every Survivor running it also. 4k Adrenaline is too much, in my opinion in a gen rush meta.

• Boons123
    Options

All this rejection out of fear of that angry Meg

I gave an example where I give weak Perks good effects to make them good

Well to prevent the spread of fear of Lady Meg

Quick & Quiet

-Reduced the cooldown period from 20 seconds to 17.5 seconds

Sprint Burst

-Increased speed from 150% to 155%

Adrenaline

-Reducing the duration of exhaustion  from 40 seconds to 35 seconds

Everything that happened here is just changing numbers

You can't argue, "Oh no! This will make Meg kill the killers. It's scary."

So no one has presented a convincing argument, most of which are based on Meg's phobia

“But this will make some survivors more likely than others!” This is normal. Do you want to punish players for their choice?

"This will force some people to leave their favorite character." This is a weak argument because if I have a favorite character for his voice and skins, why would I leave him for some perks? In the end, no one forces him to leave his favorite character

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

There is supposed to be a slow after a tail attack hit or miss, and it's isn't applying correctly. They said it will be fixed in the next patch.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 821
    Options

Rather than add extra effects, i would ratger add on like a few percentage or seconds on a perk instead. Something minimal. Even then, that would require a lot of coding since there are over like 200 perks now. Thats too much work for bhvr.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

It's unrealistic to expect BHVR to make so many new effects or number changes to the number of perks we have.

Also the biggest fear (especially for soloq) is that people will actually care what survivor you use. Dodging or toxicity could become way more frequent. This is of course just an assumption, but it's a fair one, seeing what survivors can do against some killers.

Also, also, would killers get the same treatment or not?

• dbdthegame
    dbdthegame Member Posts: 699
    Options

This has been proposed before. It was a terrible idea then, and it's a terrible idea now.

No matter how minor the effect, there will be some that are objectively more beneficial than others, creating meta pick survivors.

Besides, survivors are strong enough as it is.