The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Is there any reason to play Solo Q now? (Matchmaking)

I think I lost today 20 games in a row mainly against Alien. And after the 10th loss I just gave up all my games after seeing the first surv being hooked after half a minute with no actual gen progress.

I've played DBD for 5 years, mostly killer but started recently to participate as survivor too. I don t want to play SWF-easy-mode because I like the unpredictable and thrilling solo games. But since the alien release most of the games are just terrible and I mean terrible (before it was around 50/50). Maybe new gamers joined, maybe old gamers who took a break for years too. I don t know and it doesn t matter. Fact is a lot of the solo players don't know how to deal with certain killers (and thats okay, they will learn). Especially when they have to do other stuff than repairing gens like placing turrets, removing condemed or just solving a simple cube. And even repairing gens is a big task. I get constantly matched with those kind of teammates and it is depressing to see how bad every game runs. And as the cherry on the cake these inexperienced gamers are thrown into matches with experienced killers. So whats the point in playing these matches anyways. There is no way to escape and hiding until the last got killed to get to the hatch is boring.

This is not a rant about killers being to strong (because they aren't) and no I don t want you to nerf killers.

Another example of the opposite. In my last game we really destroyed the killer (wesker) and I don t think it was even his fault. Gens were done in under 5 minutes (and I hadn t even a toolbox or a gen progress perk), I wasn t hit once, he got one hook and even that guy escaped at last. So why wasn t this killer matched with a groop of inexperienced players, like those I mentioned before? What's wrong with the entire matchmaking system and will you fix this? Or do u want me to wait until the inexperienced alien fans leave this game again, before I get some "balanced" games? Because there seems actually no point in playing solo. Or did i miss something?

Comments

• MvHoeller
    MvHoeller Member Posts: 50

No! I just raised Killers-Kill-Rate because nowadays Devs only care about stats and if the Killers-Kill-Rate is to high they maybe do something about it. So I did it just For the People and risked my own life and injury for others ☝️🤓

_________

Balanced around tournament-SWF? 😳

As a killer you have ZERO chance against these guys. I'm already struggling against "normal"-swfs who repair all gens in 5 minutes (and I m not even sure if they are all swf because of my last game, where we did the same in a solo match). I have no clue on what matches this game is balanced around, because as Killer I get constantly 4k/3k+hatch or 0k matches. Nothing in-between.

But maybe thats also an matchmaking/rng issue.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

Killers are actually strong just only agains't soloQ. There is no reason to play soloQ if you have chance to play swf and if you don't just play killer then your own skill matters much more. And only play soloQ few games between some killer games if you want to relax just don't care about result and it will be fine.

SoloQ could be improved if med kits were buffed but only for solo players and matchmaking improved. I have also same problem getting insane skilled prestige 100 killers while playing soloQ with noobs... Kindred basekit should also be added. Then soloQ would be bearable. Weaker killers could get bit of buff if kill rates would go down because of these changes.

• MvHoeller
    edited September 2023

It was fine for my loss streak but not fine for the killer because the whole team was way too strong for him (so the MMR failed). In the end it was even a bad game for me because allthough I escaped there was no tension between the two teams. Killers should be able to pressure survivors and survivors she be able to pressure the killer. A match thats only one-sided is boring.

Giving up doesn t mean that i quit, but I didn't do much either. Maybe sitting on a gen until the killer came back and then put the controller aside and do something else instead of wiggle or doing skill checks on second hook.

My way to deal with bad surv-solo games is to play kiler.😆

Post edited by MvHoeller on
  • Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 543

Was there ever a reason to play Solo Q besides the extra challenge or the complete lack of will to find gaming buddies?

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 1,991

damn! wHy u don't wAnna tEAm with prestige 0 default cosmetic meg?

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,898
    edited September 2023

I think a big problem is the popularity of the MFT, Hope, Resi + whatever meta has made it so everyone is taking selfish perks and also generally playing very selfishly. The number of times I see 3 people screwing around the killer trying to make sick plays, or hiding on the edge of the map instead of trying to complete gens is baffling to me. Yes hiding makes no sense here, but it's almost like they hide and keep this perk list as a fallback if caught xD

I myself have started taking perks like Deja Vu, Fast Track + Stake Out, Autodidact (to combat sloppy butcher), anything that helps me complete actions faster so that I can get back to working on generators quicker or get them done faster. I even Blast Mine from time to time, because my generator tends to be the one that is quite far along in progress, so liekly to be kicked.

I don't win a lot, especially if it happens to be my backside the killer enjoys watching in chase.... but I do win a lot more, or at least get closer to powering the gates running things like this...

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 543

Strange, the original post doesn't seem to radiate enjoyment. Maybe I just missed it.

But I'm happy for everyone who enjoys the games they play the way they decide to play it. It shows they are doing it right.

• MvHoeller

Actually I like Solo much more than SWF. I tried SWF with two groups but was so bored, that I havn't touched Survivor Games for years and only played Killer (except for some trophy challenges). After the 6.1.0 update I've given survivor another try because since then it made sense to level them up to get all perks and maybe try some new builds. So I m now in the middle of leveling up all my survivors and started to enjoy survivor games again. But as I said in my first post with the start of the new DLC I get constantly bad games (and I mean really bad and unballanced games). Before it was around 50% which I was OK with. I'm definitly in the lowest tier and get constantly matched together with other low tier survivors (allthough a lot of them have a really high surv lvl, but play like new players) against (so it seems) high tier killers with iri addons, mori and strong builds. And its very depressing being first place Survivor with around 8.000 points who dies on the first hook because no one is doing anything except the killer.

I have no problems to play with noob teammates or players who don't take this game serious, but then I want to play against a noob killer too or against some meme builds. So for me thats a big Matchmaking issue and not a player issue. And it seems to me that Matchmaking gotten so much worse since the last DLC.

• MvHoeller

Hm I m not so sure if the killer state is so much better. Killer is more enjoyable for me but I got constantly screwed over by maps and the worst RNG I've ever seen in a game. I had a game right now as pig with hooks so terrible placed that I had two huge deadzones in it (allthough no oak offering was used). Other game with 2 oak offerings and no problems with hooks...Pretty good job... But yeah survivor games were still bad today and I have now the feeling if you downgrade enough in low MMR tier you get placed in the highest MMR tier... maybe its a circle. 🤦‍♂️

It would be nice to have the time to repair 3-4 gens but teammates really won t let me. Sometimes they Bond+Bring the killer to me, or like to join into repairing a nearly finished gen to mess up 2 skill checks in a row or just want to play the hook farming game (high lvl survs aswell).

The most important improvments would be maps, matchmaking and RNG. Nerfing Perks to the ground and looking at stupid statistics is definitely the wrong way to do... but it seems its BHVRs way...

• th3syst3m
    th3syst3m Member Posts: 394

TLDR and no.

• MvHoeller

Sounds reasonable! 👍️

I guess thats how they get their stats right! 100% Escape-Rate with SWF and 100% Kill-Rate with SoloQ means 50:50 so the game is balanced!

@Dogma_loki Maybe they have no time to fix trivial stuff like that, when they need time for important things like fix or create new cosmetics or rework unbalanced maps to become even more unbalanced. Since the undoing of the fast vaults, I've encountered many hits meters behind windows I vaulted. I don t know how this is bugged, but sometimes my characters refuses to do fast vaults, allthough running in a straight line to the window or even when clearly doing a fast vault he can still hit me far behind the window. That happend before the patch too and I think I already opened a thread about this topic. Well I guess spaghetti code only gives u a choice between the devil and the deep blue sea.

• Snowball777
    Snowball777 Member Posts: 143

Please stop playing so I don't have you in my games, thanks.

Nobody wants a teammate who gives up at the beginning of the match.

• MvHoeller

Well we have some trololololo-guys here too, because they need a place to drop their one-liners, because outside of the www no one listens to them. But I can only encourage you to stay to your opinion and keep reporting things that feel wrong. Balancing the game around SWF will not work, because there are many kinds of SWFs out there and I played against many. With that huge amount of perks in that game and proper communication its impossible for many killers to get even 1k. I saw a game with Otz as a clown where he got zero chances against that team, because they had so many endurence and second chance perks in their builds thats u needed 5 hits to get one of them down. On the other hand there r SWFs who don t play much better than SoloQ-Players. The only way to "balance" that issues is a good Matchmaking-System where hard-bitten survivors play against their killer counterparts. This would maybe fix SoloQ problems too. But its just a joke that you only lvl up in MMR when u escape the match, allthough u do most of the work by yourself. There should also be two seperated MMR for Solo and SWF like every killer has his own MMR. I ve seen many high ranked players who achieve absolutely nothing in a Solo game. And then you have lobby dodgers who dodge a lobbies to find easy looking teams and voila then u get a high rank killer game against baby survivors.

Also many games are decided by Maps and RNG. So how u wanna balance a match anyways when the result is predestinated by luck?

• Biscuits
    Biscuits Member Posts: 1,097

You can't just admit defeat and let the kilers run wild for 90% of the player base though. The game is mostly solo survivors and should be balanced with that in mind.

I think rewarding the killers with more blood points and pips for playing against SWFs is enough to make those games okay. I think most people wouldn't mind losing to a SWF if they were compensated for it and didn't de-rank for doing so. But leaving the game in the state that it is right now, where most survivors aren't escaping 3 out of 4 games, should embarrass BHVR.

I do not understand why they appear to be pretending there is no issue. Most survivors are moving over to TCM, and I don't blame them.

• jmts16
    jmts16 Applicant Posts: 19
    edited September 2023

Of course there is!

You're supposed to have a terrible match, die and make the killer feel good about themselves!

Silly pain-pig. /s

The fact that EVERYONE only cares about killer winrates should tell you something about what the priority is.

I dunno if the matchmaking system is completely broken, but I too face completely lopsided matches: I either get someone who doesn't know how to play (that) killer or is super rusty and the survivors roll over them or I get grueling matches where the killer kills everyone by 4 gens. No in-between.

This is made worse by how ridiculously strong Xeno is and everyone playing it.

Post edited by jmts16 on
  • MvHoeller

True! 👍️

Just telling people to stop playing solo and switch to SWF is an embarrassment for BHVR and definitely the worst solution they can have.

I wouldn t say no for getting more BP but I guess there are some killers out there who have already enough BP and just looking for balanced games. Stop de-ranking is good idea, because sometimes it feels very ridicules how the Ranking System works.

But the same could be done for SoloQ. If you play solo you get more BP, so losing some games, because of bad Matchmaking doesn t feel so unrewarding anymore.

• 00berdisc
    00berdisc Member Posts: 96

This game is just a bullshit tunneling fest

• MvHoeller

Something with BP is absolutly fishy.

It's not just the Matchmaking that screws SoloQ over and over again, but also the BP System. In my last game I did 4 gens (alone), 2 unhooks, healed 2 other survs, escaped the killer 4 times, stunned him once and was hooked only once as last survivor and got 5k BP less than a guy who did only hookfarming and 1 gen.

• Dogma_loki
    Dogma_loki Member Posts: 436

At this point not really; unless you're just trying to feed sweaty killer mains MMR/ego.

BHVR has decided that solo queue is fodder for killers through their own actions and deafening silence.

• MvHoeller

Didn't they recently say:

"We're totally aware of the balancing and matchmaking problems with SoloQ. So we decided to killswitch flashlights..."