The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Tip your killer

cburton311
cburton311 Member Posts: 407
edited September 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Bhvr, i want a system at the end of the match where i can tip my killer with bloodpoints. The bloodpoints would come from those i earned and would be dispensed as i see fit. If the killer was cool, they get a tip. They meme or allow me to boop the snoot, they get a tip. They play a competitive but fun(fair) game, they get a tip.

There could be limits to avoid exploitive things...

I think this could go a long way towards improving the community. Maybe killers could tip survivors too. Thoughts?

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 954

That would be very cool. I always have like a million points unspent, so I would make lots of use from this feature. Maybe tips for our random teammates too.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,357

I like the idea but I can see it being perceived as BM.

In Dota 2, there's a feature that lets people tip other players in-game with the Dota equivalent of BP. Often people will give a tip to an opponent they just killed, as if to say "thanks for feeding me a free kill." Dota leans into the culture of toxicity in a way that works for that game, but it is worth keeping in mind, especially since I see a lot of complaints about toxicity elsewhere on the forum

• jmts16
    jmts16 Applicant Posts: 19
    edited September 2023

Excessive work for something that will honestly never get used. Maybe if it was free BPs and even then I'd expect people not to use out of spite.

I'd rather have a smart ping system like the one in Apex Legends

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    edited September 2023

That's a perfect example of people taking something positive and turning it into something negative.

This is why i'm not a fan of "gg." Too many times I've run into the same opponents repeatedly who only say "gg" when they win. When they lose, it's crickets in the chat. My favorite is when matchmaking gives me and them a "rematch," and they lose the second game after winning the one prior. What happened to "gg's" there, buddy?? Oh I get it- it's only "gg" when you win. Lame.

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562

never would i tip my killers.... #########?

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

Why not just let everyone tip anyone? Killer, teammates, survivors...

I liked some play from survivor, respect his build etc., would be nice to tip some BP like 100, so it wouldn't be enough for people spamming and asking for tips... Just a gesture.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,898
    edited September 2023

I'd have gone much further tbh... and just have it awarded instead of coming from my pool:

• Killer can tip 2000 BP per survivor.
    • Each survivor can tip 800 BP to the killer.

That potentially can make a decent dent in a lost add on, which serves a pretty good "thanks for the game!" in my book, and actually is a tangible reward for playing fair/skillfully.

Post edited by UndeddJester on
  • AykDanroyd
    AykDanroyd Member Posts: 232

I like your suggestion. Maybe this could be done in a sportsmanship BP amount that the game itself would award when the players on opposing sides agree the other side deserves it. For survivor, each one would click on a box in the end game screen where if they felt like they got a fair shake, they would unleash those BP amounts to the killer and the same with the killer. The killer would be able to click on boxes on each survivor so if they saw that a certain survivor wasn't pulling their weight and left their team mate die when they were free to unhook them, they could withhold the 2000 BP from that certain survivor.

I would be for this. And if it works, I would increase the BP amounts as a thank you to killers and survivors who play cleanly and pull their weight and don't tunnel/camp.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 449

i think it's a nice idea.

• DaddyMyers_Mori
    DaddyMyers_Mori Member Posts: 2,205

I don't like this.

How to say it, this community is very entitled. You have people complaining when killer don't give them hatch... How do you think this would go?

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,126

It's a way of using sportsmanship to improve player interraction. This would be good for anybody to tip anyone really, especially if it's out of their own BP.

A solid suggestion!

• BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815

Someone mentioned how a thumbs-up from the other team should give a BP bonus. I think that would be healthy. I'd give it to everyone that wasn't obnoxious.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,898

I suppose it makes more sense on console.

We have no end game chat or really any mechanism period to say 'well played' or 'gg' whatever, unless they're on the same platform so we can send a message privately... and who does that? So being able to give a BP thanks would be nice.

Course we also avoid said toxicity and entitlement too... so that's the upside.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

I liked the envelopes that you could bring that the other side could also collect. It was a small gesture where one side could help the other side get BP. Even though it's similar to the other BP event offers, it felt more personal. I think the game should have more things like that. Also bring back the snowmen.