The Shrine Of Secrets Situation (9/5/2023)

Options
Iron_Cutlass
Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,948
edited September 2023 in General Discussions

With the Shrine of Secrets resetting, the original perks listed were Guardian, Inner Healing, Play With Your Food, and Leverage... for those who dont understand... Guardian and Inner Healing are General/Universal Perks that can be used on any character without the requirement of Prestiging a character to unlock them.

This has been fixed, but for the people who were there at the time, they were able to unlock those perks on all characters depending on how much they spent.

Im assuming something went wrong with the DLC perk lists used and they put older Stranger Things content into it by accident (or have future plans to release DLC stuff) which caused this to occur.

Overall a weird oddity that I think shouldnt be ignored since Id love for the ability to get General Perks unlocked for all characters automatically without spending Bloodpoints even if it would basically be pointless. When BHVR does eventually do a Shrine of Secrets rework, I think they should consider it as option for us.

At the very least, Im kind of making this post to Archive that this did happen on this date... since Im into doing that... so uhhh... Idk how to really end this... how are you doing today?

Comments

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
    edited September 2023
    Options

I would be behind getting base perks in SoS for sure, since there is no other way to unlock them across all character... I would be interested to know if anyone ever even uses SoS.

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more I come to realise SoS is more a FTP player feature... so everything after this point is me being a jackass who bought everything and then complains... Will leave it in for amusement purposes xD

I personally never buy SoS, because why would I do that ahead of levelling up the respective character through 1 prestige level to get that perk and 2 more for free? I'll have to do that anyway at some point, so there isn't really any save in time investment at all... even if it gave me the perk at level 3 straight out of the gate it'd still be not that useful unless I really REALLY hate a particular killer (which thus far, I've not found 1 I genuinely dislike).

However, 1 of my biggest irritations when levelling up a new character is, as I don't have all my other characters at rank 3 yet, I can end up not seeing common perks for quite some time in the Blood Web... whereas teachables are all there, even if it is only at tier 1.... which can be frustrating if need it.

I basically got Oni all the way to tier 1 before I even saw Sloppy Butcher ๐Ÿ˜–

Ofc this is an issue that is entirely of my own making for buying the DLCs for most of the roster on either side... if I unlocked characters the FTP way, I'd easily get everything to tier 3 and then some before I saved up for a new one... so scumbag PTW player I guess... xD

• Iron_Cutlass
    edited September 2023
    Options

BHVR mention a Shrine of Secrets rework was in their backlog a long time ago in a QnA.

The way the Shrine currently works, it has too little perks, barely brings licensed perks for F2P players (mind you, for an already paid game), and perks you can cost are insanely expensive making it just not worth buying in most cases. To make matters worse, 2 of the perk slots are always dedicated to a Tome or Archive Challenge, which further complicates things.

General/Universal Perks should be apart of the pool of perks, but because the pool is so large and the amount of perks that can be inside the Shrine is so little it is impractical to have them in it's current state.

I am praying for a Shrine rework, the way the game current is makes it significantly P2W, I hate to admit it but it is true.

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

2 slots for each role and the likelihood of getting the most sought after perks is reduced by tomes affecting the shrine, perks from free characters being in the pool and newest DLCs not being in it until months have passed.

I hope the rework increases the slots by 10.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Options

I think the Shrine of Secrets should be like a Catalog of perks you can choose from. The 4 Slot System can be used for weekly discounts on perks used for Tome/Archives and/or for Events.