Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.
We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Xenomorph Hook Exploit - Alien Can Block Hook

BadToad
BadToad Member Posts: 39
edited September 2023 in Bug Reporting

When Xenomorph hooks someone, they have the ability to crawl under the survivor and make it so the survivor cannot be unhooked. This is a very serious issue that needs to be immediately addressed. You cannot expect normal gameplay from survivors if Xenomorph is the killer, and this exploit is going to cause a lot of grief to survivors very quickly if it isn't addressed.

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/badtoadttv/video/179193997

^Last 10 seconds of clip, I couldn't get an edited one in fast enough^

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8YnMWgw/

^Full Minute of Other Survivors View^

Post edited by BadToad on
12 votes

Under Review · Last Updated

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue, we are forwarding this to the team for their review.

Comments

• BadToad
    BadToad Member Posts: 39
  • hatechip
    hatechip Member Posts: 4

i was literally just about to report this. We tried blinding the killer [he had lightborn], spam clicking the hook from every angle, setting a turret on the alien and unhooking while he's reacting to the fire, etc. Nothing worked. This exploit is incredibly easy and works EVERY time, this is incredibly unfair and unplayable.

I've got three clips of this exploit from my POV [1] and my friend's POV [2] [3]

• ArcT
    ArcT Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 92

I suspect that this isn't unique to the Xenomorph as I ran into a Singularity doing this too and nobody was able to unhook. The area where you're able to unhook or the size of the killer hitbox may have changed.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,046

A reminder for those coming in and posting: this is a Bug Report thread, not a discussion thread. Please keep the comments about the topic of the report. Thank you.

• brenkn
    brenkn Applicant Posts: 15
    edited September 2023

Just went against a Xenomorph abusing this. Absolutely nothing you can do against it. Normally a killer might get disabled for this kind of broken mechanic but since the killer just came out I doubt it'll happen.

• filipeschuab
    filipeschuab Member Posts: 2
  • Had 3 Xenomorphs doing this today.

Shouldn't this justify a killswitch since you were quick enough to "killswitch" items being used by survivors.