If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Note to devs: Reasons I'm uninstalling the game.

Options
JonOzzie16
JonOzzie16 Member Posts: 203
edited September 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

This is for the devs. So all of the toxic player base can comment on this and it will NOT be read, so get started typing away.

1. Broken window hits. There is no way that Bubba should down me with his chainsaw on Haddonfield when I have vaulted and am halfway through the room. Bad ping favoring killers is complete garbage.

2. Survivor nerfs. Basically all survivors can do now is generators. Which is boring AF. Healing nerfed. Boons nerfed. Sabo nerfed. Flashlights nerfed. This game is becoming a generator simulator.

3. Hackers. I'm on console and I've taken all the necessary steps to report someone for hacking and simply received an email saying that I will never know the outcome of the report. Really? That's quite lazy and pathetic.

4. Maps. The new map is horrible, barely any pallets. Open dead space with nothing but opportunity to get slapped with Hatchets or whatever. "Reworking maps" to favor killers. The farm maps have been ruined with ######### tiles.

5. Skull merchant and Knight. This has to be the worst thing the devs have ever come up with. Both killers are terrible to go against. Promote 3 genning and are just annoying as all get out. I'd rather face pinhead and wesker on repeat than encounter either of those. Great job.

6. 3 genning, tunneling, camping and slugging. These are all very utilized strategies by killers. They take a lot of fun out of the game. Tunneling I will say is the least of my worries. But hanging on a hook and laying on the ground is totally aggravating. I am certain the anti camping mechanic will never see the live servers. Prove me wrong.

7. Catering to killer mains. We all know this forum is like 75% killer mains crying and begging devs to nerf this or that. And for some reason I suspect most of the devs are killer mains, because they love coddling killers and doing the bare minimum for survivors.

8. TCSM is just a better game. Very balanced. And I'm very excited to see what they do with it. I hope it doesn't get the DBD treatment with nerfs and buffs every single patch until the game is just an unbalanced mess.

9. Rifts, events, and cosmetics. There are rarely any good looking cosmetics. Most of them have blood splatter, rips and tears, look like they've been dragged through the mud. The rifts are FULL of ugly recolors, ugly charms, pathetically low bloodpoints. Etc.

10. Daily rituals. They are not worth my time. I can't remember the last time I completed one. They are all killer sided. The rewards are far too low.

11. Bugs. The PTB should include console platforms as well. Every single patch it seems console players are riddled with game breaking bugs that could have easily been prevented.

12. DC penalties because your servers are #########. Can't count how many times I've been force kicked from games and got penalties because your servers suck. I've tested my connection and it's solid. This is the only game I'm getting issues from. Fix your servers or remove the DC penalty.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Hanuka5
    Hanuka5 Member Posts: 141
    Options

8. TCSM is just a better game. Very balanced. And I'm very excited to see what they do with it. I hope it doesn't get the DBD treatment with nerfs and buffs every single patch until the game is just an unbalanced mess.

Did we play a different game? Not even the Devs of TCSM are pretending to say that its balanced.

6. 3 genning,

I dont understand, what exacly do you think should happen here? What change do you wish to happen?

• JonOzzie16
    Options

Oh okay, tell me how it's unbalanced?

And after 7 years I think it's clear that those issues have no fix. This is dbd.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    edited September 2023
    Options

Most of them have blood splatter, rips and tears, look like they've been dragged through the mud.

As they should have to them, in fact all cosmetics should have that to them to actually look the part.

After all, Survivors are running for their lives, not participating in some fashion show.

• JonOzzie16
    Options

Um at the beginning of a match there's no reason to have blood and mud on you. Perhaps after being injured or something? I'd ask devs to look at the stats from sales on each cosmetic. I can guarantee its lower on the stained ones. People want cute cosmetics.

• JonOzzie16
    Options

So far I'm only being called out on cosmetics and TCSM comments lol. Which are the last on my list tbh.

• JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562
    Options

i agree with most points tbh.

• Smoe
    edited September 2023
    Options

Um at the beginning of a match there's no reason to have blood and mud on you. Perhaps after being injured or something?

Yes, but seeing as we don't have a dynamic blood and mud system to dirty cosmetics up as the trial progresses, this is the best alternative.

I'd ask devs to look at the stats from sales on each cosmetic. I can guarantee its lower on the stained ones. People want cute cosmetics.

People will buy eye candy regardless if it is dirtied up or not, but regardless of that, clean cosmetics looks out of place for a life and death situation where you run and vault through buildings, ruins or just through elements such as water, snow, mud and dirt to escape the killer, If we had a way to dirty cosmetics up through the trials then i'd be more inclined to have clean clothing, but since we don't have that, it's best to keep them out and actually have cosmetics that looks like you've used it to escape from a life threatening situation.

Blood, Mud and Dirt have been part of this game's aesthetic since day one, it should continue to be so.

I say it again, we're running for our lives, not walking down some catwalk during a fashion show or participating in some photoshoot.

• JonOzzie16
    Options

You must be a dev lol. I'm not buying a cosmetic that looks like the survivor was killed 3 days ago. The community has shown that they can create much better cosmetics than the devs can. So keep running around in your bloody rags.

• Smoe
    edited September 2023
    Options

You must be a dev lol. I'm not buying a cosmetic that looks like the survivor was killed 3 days ago.

Then don't, i'm not telling you what to buy, i'm simply stating that details such as blood, mud and dirt has been part of the game's aesthetic since day one and that dirty cosmetics are more aesthetically fitting than some clean eye candy cosmetics.

The community has shown that they can create much better cosmetics than the devs can.

Subjective.

So keep running around in your bloody rags.

I will, because it actually looks fitting in comparison.

• JonOzzie16
    Options

Not subjective. I guarantee a vote would prove that community created cosmetics would win. Over your dirty looking ones.

• JonOzzie16
    Options

Oh so now my comments need approval ? Not surprised lol

• JonOzzie16
    Options

It's not subjective, community cosmetics are far more popular. Look at the data mr developer

• JonOzzie16
    Options

I'm going to use the bunny Feng cosmetic as an example; such a beautiful cosmetic, but ruined by the mud and blood. Could have been top tier! and you never see it used

• Feneroe
    Feneroe Member Posts: 198
    Options

You have to be kidding. I see bunny Feng more than every other Feng cosmetic put together.

• Smoe
    edited September 2023
    Options

Not subjunctive. i guarantee a vote would prove that community created cosmetics would win. Over your dirty looking ones.

Good for those that think so, that doesn't change the fact that what someone finds best or worst is still a matter of subjectivity.

Careful with guaranteeing things you're basing purely off your own bias, especially when you can't back it up with any official statistics that covers a big enough percentage of the community.

Also i'm gonna say this as my own opinion, for all the amazing community cosmetics there are, there are plenty of bad or mediocre ones as well.

It's not subjective, community cosmetics are far more popular. Look at the data mr developer

What data? The vocal % on twitter that talk about how they like specific community cosmetics? they don't represent the entire community, let alone half of it.

Also funny how you keep assuming i'm a dev just because i disagree with what you're saying, do you also assume that what you're saying is a universally agreed upon thing in the community no matter what?

Post edited by Smoe on
  • Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,634
    Options

TCSM is more balanced really? Because I have seen videos where the survivors are so efficient the game basically ends after 2 minutes basically without much interaction with the killer, so how exactly is it more balanced? Especially certain abilities of the the survivors are way too strong apparently.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    edited September 2023
    Options

#3 I reported a hacker on PS5 and I got a notification when I booted up the game saying that the issue had been addressed. It's new but they are confirming with us when we report someone.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

I agree with some but 9. was funny and about 10. - the game seems to give you more daily rituals based on what you play less. There's no guarantee it works that way since we don't know (and i dont recall them ever saying that) but that's just how it is. Having daily rituals for both sides seems to be a better way to go around for this especially since the bloodpoints % bonus exists now.

• JonOzzie16
    Options

Wrong bunny Feng, I'm talking the one with a red vest and tall pointed ears.

• JonOzzie16
    edited September 2023
    Options

You make some good points but I still think this game has gone to ######### and there's nothing I can think of that could save it. The OG players are nearly gone. New players will get tired REAL quick.

• diegaster
    diegaster Member Posts: 51
    Options

If you think about it, a lot of problems that you mention are a result of the gen-rush/anti-gen meta. The survs being forced just to do gens and gens and gens makes killers like Knight play in a 3 gen way instead of a double chase way for example. Tunneling, camping and slugging is a way of “countering” the gen-rush. I don’t know why the Circle of Healing patch nerfed anti-gen perks enforcing killers to play like that lol, if the meta is changed maybe a lot of things will be better

• Archol123
    Options

As for the new map, I think it runs terrible, I have massive frame drops, but from a gameplay perspective it is the best map we had in years, that's not really hard considering how terrible those last maps were, but then again it also offers some eastereggs, which is really nice.

I think it is weird to say all survivors can do is do gens, all those things you named are boring things anyway? What about the chase dude?

• diegaster
    Options

A lot of the issues that you mentioned come as a result of the gen-rush/anti-gen meta that we are now. Tunneling, camping and slugging are a “way to counter” gen-rush, playing killers like Knight in a 3 gen way instead of a double chase way (like how it was intented to) its other result of the gen-rush. And obviously, the survivors are enforced to do just gens, and gens. I dont know why the Circle of Healing patch came with anti-gen perks nerfs enforcing killers to play like that. I think that if the meta is changed a lot of the issues will dissapear

• JonOzzie16
    Options

Oh the chase is amazing. Getting hit from two blocks away. A billion unsafe pallets and dead zones. These are some fun chases let me tell you.

• Archol123
    edited September 2023
    Options

Ping issues, what do you want me to say? If someone has bad ping it is always a wild ride. Also if not unsafe pallets what do you want then? just drop safe pallets left and right like in the game? That map is terrible.

• JonOzzie16
    Options

I'm not going to blame killers for the state the game is in. Thats on the developers. Of course killers will use whatever tools they have at their disposal to win games.

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,705
    Options

I just wish they put more effort into fixing longtime bugs and annoyances, instead of constantly releasing new dlc

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,024
    Options

I've also been getting kicked out of matches due to server issues. It sucks especially when the match was a fun one. :/ I also had killers I face DC randomly, which I only can assume happened due to, again, server kicking them out.

I also would like cosmetics have less or no dirt and blood on them. It unnecessarily ruins the look. DBD hasn't been a hide-and-seek game for a looooong time. We've finally been getting colorful and vibrant cosmetics. Which is great, because that's what we want, and it sells. No need to smear it with blood or dirt to justify its existence in matches. Let it be pretty. Period.

Camping and tunneling are definitely obnoxious. 1 survivor should NOT be able to be removed from a match before any other survivor even got hooked. It's a harassment and very unfair to survivors, especially solo q.

My problem with rifts are too many Kates, Mikaelas, Fengs, Neas and Megs, and not enough of other survivors. Like come on, these girls are swimming in cosmetics, let someone else have some. Especially male survivors. Also, change the colors of deep rift recolors every rift, it's been getting very repetitive.

I hope TCM leads DBD devs into adding new modes to their game. I think a lot of TCM enjoyers love that as a victim, you are always moving, doing something proactive. Sitting on a gen in DBD is far from it. Although, doing gens in DBD is a nice time of break/relax for us who do enjoy it.

• diegaster
    Options

I dont know if im being too dreamy about this; but i think its a good idea that if you reach the deep rift cosmetics, you can choose their color somewhat like Fortnite does. It would improve those skins a lot instead of being just blue ones

• Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 1,705
    Options
    1. Agreed.
    2. Disagreed, slow moving killers are in a bad spot.
    3. Cheaters (not hackers), Agreed.
    4. Nah, look at the Gideon Meat Plant ect. it has like 25 pallets, its only fair that there are a balance here, Disagreed.
    5. (unpopular oppinion), but i disagree, i rarely meet them and getting 3 genned is 90% of the time survivors fault.
    6. Disagree, again getting 3 genned is survivors fault 90% of the time (even when i try to split the gens using Deja Vu, other survivors ruin it. Slugging ? i dont see it worse than exit gate camping, team A waste the time of team B, And that is not always the reason for slugging, and if the issue is that big, why dont you run some anti slugging perks?. When i play with my SWF we have about 75% chance to unhook people getting camped (unless its bubba).
    7. Kinda funny, i have the oposite feeling.
    8. Very different games, not even close to camparrison on the game play. Its like saying Doom and CS are the same. I see both games co-exist just fine and i will play both games, i am done bying any more DLC for dbd, if the meta forces me to buy more i will like you quit.
    9. im neutral on this one.
    10. Somewhat agreed, im getting forced to play killer by this.
    11. Very much agreed, even very old bugs still exist, and useless content are in the bloodweb, forcing us to buy things that no one ever use (Reageants).
    12. Very much disagreed, i wish punishments were doubled. If you frequent DC and this is not your own doing, then you need to fix it on your end, its really REALLY rare that i get server DCed. On i have the other hand lost count on the matches i lost because a team mate who get downed fast and rage quits.

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 936
    Options

I agree with most points but from what i've seen over the years devs don't take feedback here seriously, only one thing will make them buff survivors again is if people stop playing survivor or stop buying skins which is not the case for now

solo q masochists we complain a lot but we still play the game, we still buy rifts and DLCs...

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,307
    Options

Thank you for your comments, I am sorry that you feel that Dead by Daylight is no longer the game for you - I hope you find another game that you have fun playing.

This discussion has been closed.