When is alien's ridiculous tail atack getting nerfed?

2»

Comments

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,329

I want his tail not to reach me around a dang corner or when I'm so far away that I could be on the Moon and it is STILL being able to reach me. How about that, hm?

Chase and so on and is all fun and games but BS hits remain BS hits.

• You're right about pallets should be 50/50 but survivors also shouldn't be stood bleeding on the other side of a pallet after a successful stun. Yes there are a COUPLE of good pallets but look at most loops now that are so called connected. The dead zones between them in a lot of cases are huge. Or you'll get to a pallet gym and right by the pallet whets there? A HUGE GAP IN THE WALL.

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,437

VHS thought it being a 4v1 was a lame argument as well. It obviously turned out pretty well for them.

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,167

Why are then there addons that decrease the range of the turrets' flames, as well as the staggering? If I remember correctly, they are yellow and green, so not had to get them from bloodwebs at all.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,267

The nerf does literally nothing outside of turrets now giving you half a meter more distance when xeno tail stabs them. Xeno can still reaction punish literally any animation you do as survivor and turrets still take too long to set up.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,267

That was an addon not the xeno actually hitting you im pretty sure.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,103

I just love it how you only focus on the Bloodlust-Part and not on the "ideally the game should resolve around a lot of unsafe pallets". Unsafe pallets = fair pallets because both players can outplay each other. And this is only possible without Bloodlust.

• NewPlayer100102
    NewPlayer100102 Member Posts: 515

So this was a bad change.

I tried 4 killer and one survivor where I faced/used Alien.

Its an M1 killer with meh mobility most of the time, unless the survivor takes you to a loop that you can tail over. Which is fun, but you're waiting on a player that wants to loop specific things to play with the skill. Its also not intuitive to learn because of how badly hitboxes are matched to their physical objects.

It does work really well if survivors tea-bag at pallets or windows, so it does have that going on.

His POV is also absurdly low when in his power and makes ground cover maps terrible to play on.

Not in his power he's so tall... You can't miss his direction of motion.

• Mr_pig2099
    Mr_pig2099 Member Posts: 26

I am one of those players that looks forward to the tail being nerfed. HOWEVER the answer by Peanits is really good. the point of playing against xeno is using the turrets and gaining distance. there are maps that are hard to play on but it is always doable.

i still hate playing against xeno but playing against him frequently helps you learn how to evade him better.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

It's possible with and without bloodlust though.

You know the pallet is unsafe so why try to overplay your hand rather than move on to a safer loop and force the killer into a situation where they have to reset their bloodlust? You have plenty of ways to play around the mechanic and the game is literally balanced around the fact the mechanic exists.

People do all the time, if you're getting bloodlusted at unsafe loops that's a skill issue on your part. Don't greed that loop, just predrop and chain into the next tile.

• Samwill226
    Samwill226 Member Posts: 41

I've learned to accept that BHVR hates Killer mains OR they don't play their own game. Everyone who makes these decisions should play the game before making them. I can promise you they do not play the game and only try to fix complaints which comes from the biggest pool of players...Survivor mains who literally are unhappy with anything Killers get. Because apparently Killers aren't supposed to have an onjective to win.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,387
    edited September 2023

I do agree with that.

just predrop and chain into the next tile.

survivor cannot transition to the next tile with the bonus speed. you get hit before you get to the next loop. the survivor is not greeding the loop. the killer is purposely not breaking the pallet because they know they're confident that they are going to get the hit. when the pallet is overly safe, the killer will not use bloodlust because... safe loops make bloodlust ineffective.

Post edited by Devil_hit11 on
  • NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,749

we already had huntress, slinger and nemesis who all play similar in a chase. xeno might be just better up close but the playstyle/chase mechanics are the same, nothing brand new.

• NerfDHalready

a killer bloodlusting means they are playing a killer without a good chase power. that might have been a blight, nurse or spirit that won't need bloodlust and take their hit way before 15 seconds pass.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,103

While this is true, this does not change the fact how cheap it feels. IMO a good Pallet is a pallet which can be played from both sides. As an example, I will just use the two Pallets next to cars which are outside of the Badham Preschool which both spawn all the time. Those are good Pallets. The Survivor can play them and if they play them right, they get distance to get to the next Loop. If the Killer plays them right, they get a Hit. This is fair.

However, after 15 seconds, the Pallet is not fair anymore because the Killer gained Bloodlust and will 100% get the HIt. Sure, this does not matter for the Killers you mentioned, but Bloodlust also does not really matter to those Killers, because they wont really build up Bloodlust. (In general, Bloodlust only really matters at unsafe aka fair Pallets/Structures because at something like Shack or a Jungle Gym the Killer will have to reset their Bloodlust anyway)

And this is why I said in another post that ideally the gameplay should resolve around a lot of unsafe pallets and a very, very small amount of safe pallets without Bloodlust. Because you would have tons of Pallets to work with as Survivor, but they are unsafe, so you have to play well to use them. And if you dont play well, the Killer will get the Hit. The Killer on the other side also has the option to play them well - and if not, the Survivor will gain distance. (But this is still better than safe Pallets, because with those it does not really matter how the Killer plays them, they are forced to kick the Pallet)

And I think this would be more interesting and more fair for both sides. As Killer you would not feel the need to kick every Pallet, because a Survivor who is not that good will most likely make a mistake so that you can get a hit. This is not really a thing at a safe Pallet. And as Survivor you have loads of Pallets, which means that it does not matter too much if someone is using them really fast, because a) those players will probably be downed rather quickly and b) you still have a lot of ressources.

But I know that this will never happen. My point just was that currently you dont really have a 50/50 when playing unsafe Pallets. At least not after 15 seconds.

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 537

Maybe I am alone, but its very fun for me if a well placed turret works as planned. Well, Ive seen so many teammates which place the turrets exactly in front of the tunnel exit. And then they complained in the endgame chat that these things were useless...

Learn to place them a bit hidden nearby a good loop / Junglegym erc.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,290
    edited September 2023

in theory yes, in practise there are very few actually good placements (read: where the turret actually knocks Xeno out of power semi-reliably). I suppose there may be some new placements available now that there's more placement flexibility, so I'm still on the fence on turrets. It could be that with some experience it's fine now - but it could also be that the turret-addons Xeno got render turrets entirely useless again... which would then require an addon-pass (at least if turrets are supposed to be the main strategy - which seems to be the case, looking at what Peanits said).

• NerfDHalready

as much as i agree that bloodlusting unsafe loops is cheap, bloodlust would be safe to be removed only after majority of maps get reworked. imagine a pig without bloodlust in garden main or around badham's millions of chained pallet loops. you can try it and see for yourself with the new alien perk and sending yourself to garden with a high mmr killer of yours.