Small game totem UI counter

Please let small game in all ranks allow us to see the number of totems on the map. :)

Comments

• Mr_Myers
    Mr_Myers Member Posts: 422

That should just be baseline not even small game

• ChicoRockz
    ChicoRockz Member Posts: 34

Definitely not. I agree it should be built in with Small Game. But definitely not just in the game with no perks. The whole point of a Hex totem is to give the killer a super OP power, but can be shut down once destroyed.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I agree with @ChicoRockz and if they put this into small game it would give people more incentive to run a non meta perk.

• ChicoRockz
    ChicoRockz Member Posts: 34

For sure. I don't know any rank 1 survivors who run that perk. But if it was added I could see it being used to get rid of Hex: Ruin faster and cleanse all the totems just in case NOED. All that cleansing would definitely slow the game down.

• GrootDude

@ChicoRockz I’m not quite rank 1 yet but I am a red rank survivor and I always run this perk unless I’m trying a completely different build.

• projecteulogy
    projecteulogy Member Posts: 671

Especially for killers that run NOED

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

I run Small Game virtually all the time when I play Survivor, in order to counter NOED, and I would absolutely love this change.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

As a solo player I run it quite often because it's so helpful since you never know whether you're getting competent or complete boobs.

• HazeHound
    HazeHound Member Posts: 814
    edited March 2019

Totem counter should never be a thing unless you double total ammount of totems on map. The game relies on trusting others to do something or doing it yourself. Otherwise genrush makes game last 4 minutes. Either search for ruin or do gens. If noone finds it game is slowed a lot. If noone does gens game is frozen - exactly what killer wants. Same goes with hook rescues and kindred, op perk but noone uses it. Too much informations on both sides is bad thing. Wanting built in totem counter is equivalent of whispers built into basic killer abilities.

This is the reason why swf is rigged and why it should face killers of higher rank than their avarage.

Edit: I don't get your whining about totem counter and noed. See a totem? Break it, that's it.

• Pirscher
    Pirscher Member Posts: 604

Adding it to Small Game makes sense - the one and only reasonable idea for a totem counter so far!

Implementing as a default function in the game would just be spoon-feeding though..

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

I'm all for this addition to Small Game.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

I think adding it to Small Game makes sense.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

You can talk to other survivors in the lobby. Any sane group, even if all soloes will have one person running Small Game, and that (and only that) person will be responsible for cleansing dulls. Hex totems are fair game to anyone else, but if you're the only one cleansing dulls, you should have an easy time counting how many are down.

The problem with adding a counter either to Small Game or as basic HUD information would make an already weak perk (NOED) completely useless. Come on people, this would obviously be a crutch, something that is not needed with a minimal amount of effort and teamplay.

• GrootDude

@George_Soros I play on PS4 so no I can’t talk to my team beforehand, and I highly doubt many would run it anyway since most like their meta perks.

• GrootDude

@HazeHound who’s whining? I just said I would like it implemented into the perk small game.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@TreemanXD well, even without communication, you're free to do it yourself: ignore gens, cleanse totems. It's unlikely that others will choose to do that, genrush being the way to go.

Btw, it always baffled me how many people complain about a single perk yet refuse to use a strong counterperk, because it's "not meta". Small Game in its current state is a perfectly sufficient tool against NOED, there's no need to buff it, let alone giving totem information to survivors freely.

I'm fully aware this is yet another area where SWF (on comm) have a significant advantage over solo survivors, and yes, devs should do their best to close the gap between the two, but not like this: no reason to completely get rid of the game's original concept, an important part of which is not really knowing vital things: what tricks the killer has up his sleeve, how your teammates are going to perform, or, how many totems there are left.

• GrootDude

@George_Soros if I hate something I run a perk to counter it and I don’t like swf much since I’m voice shy, but I find this change would be nice for solo players and honestly I play both sides and I’d be perfectly fine with it.