The Deathslinger buff is alright, but...

Options

The dependency on the reload speed add-ons will still be a must, he doesn't have any fun, unique or helpful add-ons like, for example, Myers has so there is no incentive to run anything else other than those and like 3 others.

The buff isn't even that impactful, it isn't even the full effect of the common reload speed add-on. I see this buff as a similar situation the Ghost Face, first his Nightshroud cooldown was 30 seconds, then 24 seconds and currently it's 20 seconds. Why not go full out and make a bigger change that actually has a bigger impact right away so you don't have to spend time to buffing it again?

If I may have a suggestion, reduce his reload speed to like 2.3 seconds, keep only one reload speed add-on that reduces the speed by like 0.1 seconds and add new effect to the now unused reload speed add-on, if you don't want to put any effort in the new add-on just copy the effects of Rusted Spike/Honey Locust Thorn add-on but change the status effect it gives, hindered for x seconds would be nice for the Hone Locust Thorn clone.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 8,982
    Options

You have to realize that these minor killer adjustments are not meant to make the killer significantly stronger. They just exist to do something without really committing to big changes.

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    edited September 2023
    Options

Sure, but common, 0.15 seconds is really not that much at all, and we still don't know how much they "adjusted" the reload speed add-ons so this still might end up as a nerf (or maybe a huge buff??????) after all.

The adjustment to the movespeed add-ons is meaningless this patch tbh, nobody will use them.

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 480
    Options

Its for the better feeling and I like it.

Personally I would give him Wardens Key completely Basekit and give Wardens Key a different effect

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

Warden's Key

Survivors that break free from the spear suffer the Incapacitated effect for 15s.

"You might be free from Hellshire Penitentiary but this key will always remind you where you belong."

also a Warden skin for Deathslinger with the fabulous description

"He kinda liked jiggling the keys attached on his hips"