We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Skull Merchant shard refund?

kommandantlocke
kommandantlocke Member Posts: 9
edited September 2023 in General Discussions

This rework isnt gonna be good for Skull its more of alot of nerfs to counter 3 gening which i understand but at the cost of how she is to be played and how her power works now. If anything its only made her playability awful and not worth using plus that her Leverage perk is almost useless i would want the shards back for the killer.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Unimatrix00
    Unimatrix00 Member Posts: 459

I think they did a piss poor job of the rework on Skull Merchant. They could have done many other things with the killer that would have made her a more interesting character and fun to face. Unfortunately, BHVR took the easy way out and just wholly ######### the dog on this remake.

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,427

I sort of feel for you, but you'll get that refund as soon as those who bought Ashley Williams when he was first released do. Mettle of Man was pretty much OP AF at launch, and was very quickly nerfed. There were many who bought the chapter for that perk, and when it got nerfed they demanded refunds. Didn't happen.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

To be fair, SM was destined to be reworked in near future after her realese because how awfull the feedback on her and her playstyle was. They won't keep her that way for long.

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 552

I understand why they did it and I hated Skull Merchant but people have lost their favourite killer. There will be no refund because people who owned Freddy didn't get a refund. That was a while ago but I'm pretty sure they have the right to rework without offering a refund.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 592

i think everyone should be refunded for skull merchant and she should be deleted from the game, she sucked before and she sucks a hell of a lot more now.

• BlueRose
    BlueRose Member Posts: 658

As others said BHVR has the right to change any character and not offer refunds since the game is a live service game. That said I do believe they should either offer shard refund and delete SM or postpone the rework till they come up with something better for her. I have never seen a rework in any live service game that makes a character competely useless until now. If this rework SM makes it to live I'm confident to say she be weaker than Trapper and F-tier killer. Basically, a killer with no power whatsoever.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,622

Someone didn’t read the EULA.

• ProfessorDunwich
    ProfessorDunwich Member Posts: 1,514

Someone doesn’t know the difference between a legal argument and a customer satisfaction one.

They gutted her to stop survivor discontent and gave nothing to compensate. People paid money for a character and her skins, now she doesn’t even have a functional power.

Why would anyone want to spend money in the future on killers when this can happen so blatantly?

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 640
    edited September 2023

While you won't get your shards or cells back, take this as a lesson for future DLC. Don't jump-wagon on flashy or catchy appearance of characters and remember that what you will buy and get on release will 100% get altered in one way or another few weeks later. It's just a tendency that killers and killer-oriented content is more likely to get changed and not always with the positive or enjoyable outcome. Survivors and survivor-oriented content however is less likely to get severely altered or changed, at least not in the negative or boring state.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,376

I don't think they give refunds for Shard purchases but I have known cases where people have been refunded Auric Cells for a purchase they've made after contacting support (there is a limit to how many times you can do this though)

• GentlemanFridge
    edited September 2023

That can happen in any and all live service games. It’s the nature of the beast, and quite literally unavoidable when the game has become as large as DbD.

The question is about an in-game currency refund. Not only is that highly unlikely due to no actual money being involved, but BHVR is also not obligated to do so at all. In the EULA, it flat-out states they can and will make changes to existing content whenever they see fit. Customer satisfaction is irrelevant, a refund just isn’t happening.

Besides, there’s nothing saying Merchant isn’t going to see buffs. Especially when the reception has been a unanimous “she’s weak”.

Moreover, the customer should be aware that changes can happen at any point. It’s negligent on the consumer’s end to assume the content they purchase is never going to change.

Post edited by GentlemanFridge on
  • ProfessorDunwich

Asking for a refund is a sign of customer dissatisfaction. Do you really think people who feel this way will stick with this game?

Also I have an extremely hard time thinking you would be singing this song if your favorite 3 characters were removed along with all your purchases for them. Classic “it’s fine if it doesn’t affect me” mindset you have going.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,759

I'd potentially feel a little bad if someone spent money, but if the example is the free in game currency, then that's just silly.

Also, the character has been out for 7 months. Even if you purchased the product with cash and have no intent to use it in the future, 7 months is quite a lot of use.

• GentlemanFridge

Mind you, my former main, Sadako, has been Freddy'd. It has happened to me.

• ProfessorDunwich

3 Killers left to rot since Survivors found them unfun to play against. Somehow it is too much to ask for a rework where the Killer is left decent. How can you support this?

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 5,047
    edited September 2023

As others have stated, the EULA states this is a live game, and changes will occur to the game. Also, in-game currency, such as Iridescent Shards or Blood Points cannot be refunded. The purchase of Auric Cells, or DLC, would have to be taken up with the platform you purchased it from (PSN, XBox, Steam Store, etc) if you wish to request a refund.

To review the EULA, you can do so here: https://deadbydaylight.com/eula/

This discussion has been closed.