If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Gen Speed

Options

Has anyone else notice how fast the gens seem to be at the min ? I'm struggling to win with meme builds which was never the issue before, I even tried gen defence perks and the gens seem to quick even with those builds on. I know its irrelevant but I've been playing for 5 years and its never felt this bad before. Love to know your thoughts?

Comments

• HexHerbz
    HexHerbz Member Posts: 39
    Options

That's not the answer I was looking for. Its people go to (MMR) when everyone who has been playing for a long time knows MMR is dog water

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,713
    Options

Healing should have gone to 20 seconds instead of being entirely reverted.

• HexHerbz
    Options

Completely agree. Apparently it's down to MMR. I wish BHVR would force everyone to play both sides. It would put an end to this one sided mentality people have

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

With the way the game is being "balanced" Survivors just put more focus on doing Gens more then Cleansing Totems and saving/healing

On that point... healing perks and Med-kits being weaker then before it seems like a lost art

Gen perks and Toolboxes are the best things to bring

And Killer... well it's more like what Killer and playstyle that is being played not necessarily the perks being used

Maps also play a part in all of this...

Again the "balancing" is more on RNG then actual "skill"

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

50sec Gen is compensate for nerfed slowdown, not missing.

Medkit nerf has nothing to do with the "missing slowdown". Medkits are nerfed because they're op.

• HexHerbz
    Options

Completely agree. Apparently it's down to MMR. I wish BHVR would force everyone to play both roles, it would put an end to this one sided mentality people have

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 7,956
    Options

This is truth, its just the nerf on survivors made equal skill killers can beat survivors, only to play against far better survivors, and Gens feel even more faster.

They can buff Gens to 180sec and killers still complain because they can not beat the top survivors.

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,334
    Options

You basically answering a question yourself.

You running meme build and complaining about gen speed.

If it wasn't an issue before - that just means you got higher in ranks, when average survivors doing gens istead of running around looking for chests or totems.

• HexHerbz
    Options

I was asking a question and expect a civil discussion. I'm not interested in your childish entitled behaviour.

• HexHerbz
    edited September 2023
    Options

Its got nothing to do with MMR imo. Its down to the broken perk build that's causing the issue imo

• HexHerbz
    Options

Completely agree. At the same time people have no right to complain if the killer tunnels. My queue time last night playing survivor was horrendous. It was 10 - 15 min wait for a game. With the new update coming out, I have a feeling its gonna get longer. But we'll see.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,857
    edited September 2023
    Options

Gen speeds will always be too fast for the killer and too slow for survivors.

The fact is, as killer, your goal isn't to kill a survivor while the gens get repaired by other survivors. It's to prevent gens being repaired while you kill survivors. If you play gen defence passively, or not at all, then you will have 3 gens pop in 90 seconds or less.

The best form of slowdown will always be direct gen pressure.

This is why info perks, and the gamesense to use them effectively, are so valuable. You can't substitute them for regression perks. Regression perks are crutches to make up for the killer's inability to effectively pressure gens.

(Yes you will likely lose the first 2-3 gens fairly quickly, but if you pressure effectively, the last 2-3 will be a lot harder to finish)

Which is why some of my most effective builds are almost all info perks, or at least 3 info perks plus some minor slowdown, if the killer itself can't apply slowdown.

For example:

All-Seeing Ghostface/Pig; Lethal Pursuer, Nowhere to Hide, BBQ, I'm All Ears. (slowdown is provided by Pig's traps, or substituted by reduced chase time on exposed survivors with Ghostface)

Make-Your-Choice Dredge/Xenomorph; Make Your Choice, Floods of Rage, Lethal Pursuer, BBQ.

Or anti-healing Doctor, where the slowdown is indirect and can be bypassed entirely by refusing to heal; Ultimate Weapon, Sloppy Butcher, Distressing, Nurses Calling.

I almost never use gen slowdown/regression perks, other than sometimes Call Of Brine, which I use as much for the info it provides when someone gets a skill check, informing me to go and pressure that gen.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,121
    edited September 2023
    Options

Why do people think they should be able to win consistently with meme builds? I've never understood this way of thinking. If the survivors bring meta perks and play well then they should almost always win against a killer who doesn't bring a strong build. You either play to win or you run a meme build. This is basically how things are in any competitive game. You can't necessarily have both. I'll sometimes run into people playing low tier killers like Pig without any form of slowdown. Then they'll have the nerve to whine in the post game chat about how they didn't get a kill. Like what did you expect when you brought a meme build?

• HexHerbz
    Options

I never said I expect to win. Killers should have the superior role in DBD. You can play survivor perk-less and still win or die with 20k plus points. The killer should have that privilege imo

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,510
    Options

Gen speeds won't change unless it's the efficiency that they change

1.0-2.2 charges per second of progression

And then adding in perks can increase the 1.0 to whatever (numbers are hard)

Then adding in Toolboxes can increase the 1.0 to whatever (numbers are hard)

Oh and Great skillchecks add 1% to progress (which isn't much but if a Survivor hits multiple greats then that changes)

Killers regression is .25 charges per second

Then adding in perks it's either a % of current progress, total progress or increasing the regression rate (again numbers are hard)

So it doesn't matter if they change Gen times if Gen speeds don't change

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    Options
  • HexHerbz
    Options

That's not true as I've won multiple games with survivor this way.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,066
    Options
  • Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,187
    Options

Is it a specific killer you're playing as or just in general?

I usually have that issue with Nemesis if I try any fun build without any gen-related perks. I don't have that, however, with Ghosty because of his insta-down.

• HexHerbz
    Options

When I'm on dbd I will screenshot proof. I'm not sure what that's gonna prove. I'm not gonna lie. Survivor is easy most of the time lol

• HexHerbz
    Options

I play a variety of killers. I would love to have a killer main, but I don't fancy pumping hours into 1 killer if they are gonna get nerfed lol. Because sadly the players skill level never comes into consideration when a killer becomes flavour of the month.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

My advise is to NOT stack slowdown perks in order to keep up with the speed survivors run gens. If the kill rate drops due to that, then the devs will eventually do something about it. But if killers keep up by stacking slowdown perks, then the devs will only see the pick rates for those perks and nerf them.

Play the game how you like, if the meme builds can´t keep you up, then the mmr soposedly will kick you back to a more comfortable lvl. In other words, the more you sweat, the sweatier survivors you´ll find.

• HexHerbz
    Options

I hope I'm wrong, but their will be no stats to show. I only comment on what I see and my queue times are getting longer. People are ditching killer. The new update will push more and more away imo. Like I said I hope I'm wrong.

• TotemSeeker91
    TotemSeeker91 Member Posts: 2,358
    Options

Well, resilience is at least balanced in the sense that you r one hit away from being downed

• TotemSeeker91
    Options

Well...to an extent, if they are very ignorant and lose their first match as like say Nurss, they are just going to say Nurse is garbage F tier

• TurboTOne
    TurboTOne Member Posts: 347
    Options

So i dont know if anyone has said it already but by flying over everything i havent seen it yet.

The reason why Gens feel so fast now is a combination of a few things.

1. The healing nerfs making Survivors rather stay injured
    2. MFT increasing Chase time for Survivors just enought so you can't apply your Gen regression Perks in time
    3. Survivors still having pretty strong Toolboxes which are sometimes necessary against certain Killers
    4. Survivors being tired of losing to Nurse/Blight/Wesker/etc. and bringing stronger Stuff next Match.
    5. Gen Regression Perks being Nerfed.
    6. The Match making is a Mess.

Its not just One of these Factors. Its all of them Combined.

Not one side is at fault but all of us. The Survivors, the Killers, the DEVs.

Perks like MFT that have the Ability to just extend a Chase by a maybe not insignificant Amount are unhealthy for the Game just as Deadhard was. But as we know its gonna take a long while until the DEVs will do something about it. Even more so because the only way someone will buy the DLC is because of MFT as noone really seems to care about the Singularity. (except few People)

My suggested change is to have an Activation time of 30 seconds after getting injured.

That way Survivors will not be able to have the effects for too long so chases are not streched by a too large amount, and it forces Survivors to heal which will in turn create some slowdown again that makes up for the time increase in Chase.

Survivors get to have an increased Chase time which is the most fun Part of the Game and Killers wont lose too much time because they will get their slowdown back by Survivors needing to heal to regain their MFT.

• TotemSeeker91
    Options

Play Doc, can't remember when he was touched, and he is pretty balanced, I'd say one of the few M1 killers that don't exactly need gen slowdown