Is there even anything you can do in this situation?

Options
Lupo
Lupo Member Posts: 17
edited October 2023 in General Discussions

Playing wraith yesterday night, trying out the new sking from pass, just a whatever chase build, my only "slowdown" was jolt, go againts a swf of ripleys, they send me to ormond, pre-drop every single pallet, stick to gens like glue, i got literally 5 hits and no downs (medkits and for the ppl), and of course they all waited the 2 minutes after i had to open the gates and break all doors for bp while the game was muted and talking about another subject with my gf

i am a 1.1k hours, play mostly ghostface, huntress and deathslinger, is there even anything you can do about these kind of players as a m1 killer?

before you asnwer, do realize, after the match has started, you cant really chose another killer with another perks that can easiely deal with that kind fo group, realize that before tipping some room tempeture iq take on the comments

Comments

• Lupo
    Options

do understand, i am a m1 killer, with mostyl info perks, what am i supposed to do if they pre drop everypallet?

• Lupo
    Options

well, sure i could have put on nurse with 4 slowdowns, slugged and camp the whole match, cant do that after the match has begun tho, my question is, with a m1 killer with no "good" perks, what do you do?

• Lupo
    Options

i was making an actual question, and two ppl commented without reading the post :P just giving bak the same energy

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 440
    Options

There’s nothing u can do except hit and run. The maps are designed so that 90% of the loops are completely safe against m1’s.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,374
    Options

they said in the op they couldn't get a single down. you can't camp or tunnel from that point.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,462
    Options

So they don't have the decency to explain that instead of claiming someone is illiterate right away and edit their original post to imply the commentor is "low-IQ"?

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,374
    Options

i mean yeah, but camping or tunnelling wouldn't be the best advice. idk the proper answer here either, play non-m1 killers i guess. with mft still in game m1s can't do much against good survivors especially on certain good maps.

• Maelstrom808
    Maelstrom808 Member Posts: 684
    Options

If pre-dropped pallets is an issue getting downs, wraith has decent solutions through his addons. Also a hit and run using silent clapper and purple All-seeing.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,060
    Options

Do you have Dredge? His Dissolution works great with Wraith. All pallets remain unbroken and once you manage one hit they are in a world of hurt. It is great when it comes to chases.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    edited October 2023
    Options

What answer you want?

You played as mid-tier killer with information perks. It was your decision, yes?

What do you expect? Just because you did that, you think you will get chill survivors like you?

It was your decision after all and survivors are free to whatever they want to get. If they are trying to win, they can. If this bothers you that much, you also can use your strongest killer with strongest perks and add-ons. Nobody is stopping you.

And when you play chill and face with sweaty survivors, you still can make it comeback. Usually these teams are super altruistic. So focus one of them, get down and then use this down as bait to get some free hits and maybe downs.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • BubbaDredge
    BubbaDredge Member Posts: 815
    Options

Wraith is really fast, you break all those pre-dropped pallets and then rake in the downs later. Also, don't bring so many information perks, you don't need to know everything. Wraith can just go check, one is plenty.

Furthermore, work on your people skills. You come here frustrated, ask for advice, then lash out. If we're so dumb, how come you're the one complaining about basic gameplay and how to counter it?

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,355
    Options

With only five hits MFT wasn't likely a factor in this particular trial, but without seeing footage that's only a guess on my part.

Wraith's cloaked speed usually allows lots of quick & easy first hits, pathing denial, and bodyblocks of pallets and vaults. He is one of the better jugglers of survs when played to his strengths.

And as others have pointed out, several of his add-ons are good for aura reading. This frees up perk slots on him for chase, or slowdown if they prefer.

All of this also leads me more towards skill & experience issues more than what the survs brought or did. Beyond saying that we'd need to see this match to offer more useful advice.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,023
    Options

What your addons and perks apart from jolt OP?

• HauntedKnight
    HauntedKnight Member Posts: 383
    Options

Hilarious how someone posts asking for advice and the go to responses are camp, tunnel, don’t expect chill matches and don’t play M1 killers.

No wonder the game is in a terrible state.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited October 2023
    Options

What addons were you using? Against any team with half a brain, not running double purple (shadow dance + swift hunt) wraith is basically unplayable. Any other addon is basically meme level

But then again, you were also running info perks, which are kinda useless on wraith...

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,408
    edited October 2023
    Options

Realistically, if you aren't running meta in any form and refuse to play mean; you shouldn't be expecting to win against people who are.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,245
    Options

Realistically, taking the more 'vibe' stance, if you want chill games you just have to accept that some teams will want the win more than you do. That's not a bad thing, and it's bound to happen.

It's perfectly fine to lose a game every now and then simply because you don't feel like sweating like crazy.