Remove linked sets. Period.

The only outfits that should have linked sets are legendary cosmetics, or ultra rares that would literally break without a link. Wesker's RPD outfit shouldn't be linked, etc. etc.

Nobody likes a linked set. I'd personally spend more money if there weren't linked sets, and the same is true for a lot of people.

Comments

• Kuffowi
    Kuffowi Member Posts: 62

imagine queen xeno body with little xeno head 💀 but fr i would also buy more cosmetics if they didnt have linked sets, escpecially on oni. but i get it you know they want to make it uniform or whatever :P

• BarnesFlam
    BarnesFlam Member Posts: 654
    edited October 2023

Linked sets might be the sole reason why we were able to get Resident Evil, Alien and Hellraiser DLCs. To me, it's a necessary evil.

But some sets should absolutely be reworked into 2-pieces sets.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

The issue with linked sets is how limited they are. I don't mind having to buy the whole set, but where is the harm in letting me match and move stuff around? For example the new Gabriel head with the visor or my mains Pyramid Head swords on different outfits. I get that you sell the link set at a premium, but after that, just unlink the items.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,862

I think the problem with linked sets is there is no distinction between store link and equip link... sets are either linked or not.

If a license requires me to buy the whole thing, fair enough, have them stored linked... however there needs to be a separate link for equipping for sets that have no clipping issues.

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 683
    edited October 2023

Most licensed characters cosmetics have to be linked due to the license agreement (I believe especially characters from videogames). Wesker's outfits have to be linked. They don't own the rights to make those characters customizable (only with christmas sweaters I believe? remember licensed characters have not even been able to get anniversary crowns years ago). You can discuss some original outfits that may not cause any clipping issues yet they're still a linked set, but licensed cosmetics it's perfectly understandable why they're almost always linked sets.

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 683

All videogame characters have always gotten linked sets (Silent Hill, Resident Evil…). It’s clearly a requirement for most licenses and the introduction of sets has made possible getting those big licenses in the game, and will probably allow future ones too, since most IPs don’t want their characters to have edited looks (if that makes sense?). The design and how their characters are represented in games and media they give the rights to must keep the look they authorise. For example, Ada with the OG RE4 dress and the sunglasses from her trenchcoat outfit is not how Capcom designed her, so they most likely don’t allow BHVR to make it a split outfit. They can do so little and just as much as the license holder allows them to, they can’t just release 80 outfits without their consent. All licensed content must be in mutual agreement.

(sorry for the long piece, but it’s something i see a lot on twitter asking bhvr for outfits and skins for licensed characters and they seem not to understand it’s not on bhvr’s end actually)

• BugReporterOnly
    BugReporterOnly Member Posts: 483
    edited October 2023

I honestly think it has to do with how the coat is over his hips and down his legs. They can't program it to go over other outfits without breaking them most likely as clipping and distortions been issues with non linked sets before can only imagine trying to do that. Also hoods would look goofy on other cosmetics and I'm not sure why they let it happen with Bunny Feng but it makes sense on most linked sets to me with hoods not being allowed on other cosmetics. Now some linked sets could at minimum have the head unlinked but the torso and legs linked like Yun-Jin's Souel Socialite and Suprised Performance. Also licensed characters should be true to the source so should be linked imo.

Edited to add this observation.

I just went and looked at Bunny Feng's head it's one of those hats that pulling on the string moves it's ears I think so that might be why it is seprate it's not part of her hoodie.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 955

Agreed.

Nothing irks me more than unnecessarily linked cosmetics.

• sleepylibra
    sleepylibra Member Posts: 64

agreed, nobody ever likes them. Can't find a way to make it work without being linked? DESIGN A NEW DAMN OUTFIT. As if we don't already have so many cosmetics/charms that clip and no one cares