Is the haste effect a bad way to fix the Killers powers, or community just not like this idea

Options

As we know, the Knight, the Skull Merchant, and the Trapper all received haste effects so they could use their powers more effectively.

But I see that some people did not like the idea, such as when they said, “Yeah , haste to fix all killers.”

From my point of view, I see it as a good idea, and I don't know why some people hate it

Comments

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    edited October 2023
    Options

It's ok for trapper, it's just a quality of life buff

It was a bad idea for SM and knight because it was a band aid fix for 2 killers that were horribly designed to begin with

Post edited by egg_ on
  • Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,334
    Options

It's not really what Trapper needed. It will help a bit but it won't fix his issues.

For other killers, I really hope they will not be that lazy. This doesn't work as a general approach to buff weaker killers. At least as long as they want to keep them enjoyable for both sides.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,387
    Options

It may help a little bit, but it feels out of place.

I still think doing the opposite, applying a hindered penalty on a trapped survivor, would make more sense and would make him at least a bit more consistent.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,207
    Options

Slapping Haste onto killer powers is just an extremely lazy "fix" that doesn't tackle their actual problems, and it seems BHVR is extending it to old killers now too. Look forward to Freddy gaining 2% Haste every time a survivor steps on a dream snare, I guess.

I agree, I've long thought the beartraps should apply hindered when a survivor is freed from them. At least make it an add-on.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,090
    Options

I really want QoL improved for Trapper, but the buffs really out of places. He's used to have 5-7 traps, then fixed with 8, and now 10.

8 traps are already lock down most paths in Racoon and Midwich, 10 is over kill. But at the same time it doesnt fix the problem of traps spawn at corner in Swamp and Borgo; or the lack of grass in new realms

And I start to feel that they're over use Haste on killers just as Endurance on survivors.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,550
    Options

It’s fine for Knight. For Trapper I wouldn’t say it’s problematic but maybe out of place a bit.

It seems weird on new Skull Merchant though, not sure how I feel about her still having that mechanic.

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

They said they wanted simple for new players (set a trap to catch the survivor, it's very simple)

• Boons123
    Options

I imagine Myers gets a haste effect every time he moves between the Evil Tier

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,550
    Options

That wouldn’t really help him tbh. When Myers enters tier 3 it’s usually right behind a survivor he’s going to down anyways. Moving 5% faster for a bit isn’t gonna make a difference at that point.

If anything his tier 1 movement speed should be increased to 4.4m/s.

• totallynotamegmain
    totallynotamegmain Member Posts: 452
    Options

Yes but that still doesn’t change that they need to have trapper start with traps, withought it he is going to remain in an awful spot. When I started with trapper I spent half of all my games brining traps from spawn locations to loops.

• Boons123
    Options

The twins gets a haste effect when Victor attacks a healthy survivor

• Chadku
    Chadku Member Posts: 729
    Options

Charlotte moves at 117.5% speed when Victor is unbinded and Victor himself applies -500 BP per second in child support payments.

• Tatariu
    Tatariu Member Posts: 2,994
    Options

I'd rather see changes that address The Trapper's core issues, rather than a band-aid fix for the problem.

• The Trapper now starts with 5 Bear Traps (was 2)
    • Removed the Bear Trap carry limit
    • Bear Traps do not spawn within the trial grounds
    • Reworked Add-on: Trapper's Sack: 3 extra Bear Traps spawn within the trial grounds
    • Reworked Add-on: Iridescent Stone: While a Survivor is caught in a Bear Trap, the auras of all Survivors within 24 meters of the trapped Survivor are revealed
  • mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,793
    edited October 2023
    Options

I feel like many commenter's idea of Trapper is much different from BHVR's idea of Trapper. My understanding and playstyle of Trapper is to play him as an M1 Killer, and use Traps to set up surprises for later, or shut down God loops early. My favorite surprises are 2nd story drops. You set the trap so they think 'Oh I just vault down Gideons/Garden's Main/Toga's Middle vault(s) and I'll be safe" then WHAM, Trapped. If you plan on extensively and methodically trapping every loop or entrance, yeah you are going to have a bad time. It'd almost be like saving Huntress hatchets only to BM on hook, but still M1 hook traders. It's just silly and the 'wrong' way to play her. You can play her or Trapper the 'wrong' way, but don't complain when you lose matches using the kit in a strange way saying the Killer themself is weak.

That'd also be like using Nurse's Blinks only for mobility, but then you don't even try to get power hits. "Gosh guys, how do you play without Spasmodic Breath(4.6m/s for 60s after blink hit, disables blinks), it just feels like it should be basekit on her!" is what I hear when people say Trapper sack should be basekit. Keeping traps near every gen and loop makes every loop scary, starting with all of them makes 1 area dangerous, and you never can hit people with the surprise factor again.

Edit: I think Trapper and Knight's haste are good, because it makes up for time lost in using the power, but typically doesn't engage in chase haste. That way it helps them in a micro sense (starting chase sooner), and a macro sense (to have less dead time for dealing with gens/pallets/etc.).

• GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 456
    edited October 2023
    Options

Just let him pick his traps from lockers, Huntress and Trickster already do it, there is no reason not to do it. I mean the recent buffs were nice but it doesn't fix the core issue.

Slapping haste on everything is pretty much just the Killer equivalent of slapping endurance on bad survivor perks.