The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Edit:

raiden007
raiden007 Member Posts: 13
edited March 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Original post wasn't meant to be "CATER TO ME AS A SURVIVOR." I was having a not awesome time in game and decided to vent and it definitely came off as entitled and whiney. Really didn't mean to be a typical survivor main. I was just super irritated with myself and sometimes I take this game way too serious. 
Post edited by raiden007 on

Comments

• RoKrueger
    RoKrueger Member Posts: 1,371
    You can always get caught an be done with it. 
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

Spent nearly half a hour on a hatch standoff as a killer and I still lost. Either jump or pray the killer just doesn't want to deal with your entitled rear, otherwise, quit whining.

• Shad03

@yobuddd said:
    How about this? After the hatch standoff has lasted for 60 seconds or so (triggered by the killer and survivor both within a certain meter range of the hatch), the entity teleports both of them to different random corners of the map and respawns the hatch elsewhere.

This could happen multiple times per game but also increases options and enjoyment. Let’s face it, hatch standoffs are boring! The arguably best 2 players in the match should have the most fun, not the least!

Not a bad idea. I can get behind this.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919

If the killer's camping the hatch, just do generators. He cannot defend all generators AND the hatch.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@yobuddd said:
    How about this? After the hatch standoff has lasted for 60 seconds or so (triggered by the killer and survivor both within a certain meter range of the hatch), the entity teleports both of them to different random corners of the map and respawns the hatch elsewhere.

This could happen multiple times per game but also increases options and enjoyment. Let’s face it, hatch standoffs are boring! The arguably best 2 players in the match should have the most fun, not the least!

Teleport would be a stupid mechanic (I know realism is not a priority, but it would be too off, and lazy design). Anyone with a single working brain cell knows what to do with hatch standoff: jump, or hit, and let the other escape/grab you and hook you. Only people without a brain are willing to just stand there for ages, doing nothing. I fail to see the problem.

• Shad03

@George_Soros
    People are too prideful (myself included) to let something go. As a survivor I either jump or do a gen. I do occasionally win a hatch standoff as a survivor, just because the killer is better then me (in this case having less pride). As a killer most of the time it's a hit or miss, and I usually miss.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

@Shad03 said:
    @George_Soros
    People are too prideful (myself included) to let something go. As a survivor I either jump or do a gen. I do occasionally win a hatch standoff as a survivor, just because the killer is better then me (in this case having less pride). As a killer most of the time it's a hit or miss, and I usually miss.

I get that, and it feels bad when the last survivor happens to that particularly annoying DS-flashlight-teabagging-OoO troll. But that's the point: it's a test of your character! Just ask yourself, "What would Jesus do?"

There's one change I'd actually go for: I'd not change anything for a healthy survivor, but if he/she was injured and got hit, I'd add something like a 5 seconds delay effect during which they can't jump into the Hatch (or a longer hatch escape animation, giving enough time to a killer to do the grab).
    Hm. Probably stupid, it wouldn't solve the thing when the survivor is healthy. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Hatch standoff is not a thing, just learn to let things go.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

@George_Soros said:

@yobuddd said:

Teleport would be a stupid mechanic (I know realism is not a priority, but it would be too off, and lazy design). Anyone with a single working brain cell knows what to do with hatch standoff: jump, or hit, and let the other escape/grab you and hook you. Only people without a brain are willing to just stand there for ages, doing nothing. I fail to see the problem.

I understand the feeling about teleport being a cheap mechanic, but there are ways to keep it in line with the feel of the game and still achieve the same effect. For example, instead of “teleport” per se, how about the entity wraps tendrils around your legs and drags you backwards at high speed around the map in random directions? When it finally lets you go, you’re in a new location, somewhat disoriented, and the hatch has respawned elsewhere.

• AlexAnarchy
    AlexAnarchy Member Posts: 685

Opening post = entitlement at it's finest yet again.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    End game needs fixing not hatch grabs
  • Maelstrom1313
    Maelstrom1313 Member Posts: 230
    raiden007 said:
    Hatch grabs just promotes constant camping on the hatch by the killer. You could say the survivor could go finish gens but in a 1v1 with three gens left that's just not practical
    If you can't finish 1, 2 or 3 gens while killer camps the hatch and doing small circle routes around it I'd suggest doing KYF make it so there's 1 or 2 gens left an make a hatch game play learn how to do it... If not enjoy the hatch grabs 😉
  • No_Mither_No_Problem
    No_Mither_No_Problem Member Posts: 1,476
    edited January 2019

@Shad03 said:
    @George_Soros

It’s a hit or miss, and I usually miss.

It’s a hit or miss

Hit or miss

I GUESS THEY NEVER MISS HUH

• Shad03

I... Will... Hurt... You...

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428

I have a better idea. If Survivor and Killer are near the hatch for an extended period of time, the hatch closes instantly never to be opened again.

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

Hatch is already near enough a free escape for losing the match.
    You want balance, I'd say remove it but that would be boring gameplay wise since people would just give up. It needs to be able to be closed by the killer if it's found and survivors auras reveled once closed. That way it's a run to find hatch for both sides.

• yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

@PigNRun said:
    I have a better idea. If Survivor and Killer are near the hatch for an extended period of time, the hatch closes instantly never to be opened again.

The only problem with this is that when the hatch closes, the survivor loses leverage and, therefore, safety. The killer no longer has any reason to withhold attacks and the survivor is in close proximity. This would favor the killer in the endgame, as he can wait out the survivor for an easy kill.

This is why I suggested earlier that we put in teleports or some other mechanism that forces the characters to separate when the hatch closes. The survivor can then hunt for a new hatch that spawns elsewhere or decide to try for the exit gate. The killer can camp the new hatch or try to hunt. Either way, it’s more exciting and fair if they are separated upon closure of the hatch.

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    yobuddd said:

@PigNRun said:

The only problem with this is that when the hatch closes, the survivor loses leverage and, therefore, safety. The killer no longer has any reason to withhold attacks and the survivor is in close proximity. This would favor the killer in the endgame, as he can wait out the survivor for an easy kill.

This is why I suggested earlier that we put in teleports or some other mechanism that forces the characters to separate when the hatch closes. The survivor can then hunt for a new hatch that spawns elsewhere or decide to try for the exit gate. The killer can camp the new hatch or try to hunt. Either way, it’s more exciting and fair if they are separated upon closure of the hatch.

Thats the point. The Survivor screwed up and doesnt deserve an escape. Simple as that. Hatch standoffs shouldnt be a thing, and if a Survivor doesnt take the chance for a reasonable escape, then they dont deserve it afterwards. Killers are punished by mistakes, Survivors should as well.
  • Toa_Firox
    Toa_Firox Member Posts: 2
    Honestly why not just have the entity block the hatch for 4 seconds for one survivor after the survivor in question is hit (by my observation the killer's successful attack cooldown is 4 seconds by default). This would mean that any survivor hit wouldn't be able to jump until the weapon swing cooldown has finished, meaning they'd be grabbed or just hit again for a new 4 second timer. Any survivor on the way to the hatch wouldn't be in hitting range after the 4 seconds and would hop on in, while anybody standing on the hatch bagging would be screwed. SORTED.

You see a killer camping, do generators and if he comes patrolling run on in the hatch, if not you'll escape through the gates. But if you try a standoff then it's a simple 1, 2, pickup, hook. Hatch stand-offs may be down to pride / toxicity but there's no need for them to exist, survivors always have the upper hand here, even if you're spotted far away once the killer reaches a certain distance all hitting you will do is boost you back to the hatch and win you the game, or they don't chase and you just do generators. So when they happen the same result happens normally as if they didn't but nobody has any fun while doing it.

Adding this entity block would leave the hatch as it is but mean no more pain in the ass "who will decide they can't be arsed quicker and give up" fights.
  • raiden007

What I meant was camping on the hatch for grabs/stand offs. I don't mean the survivor is running for the hatch then they get grabbed. In that case, they messed up.

• raiden007

I don't know what I want. I was in a standoff for 30 minutes and was pissed when I wrote this. Lmao