The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What's the right strat against Sloppy Knockout Wraith?

Hex_Llama
Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I had this back to back. The Wraith runs Sloppy Butcher, Knockout and two other perks. They run around the map slugging people. It takes a long time to find the slugs with Knockout and a long time to heal from injured.

In the first match, I focused on picking people up, but then nobody was on the gens and it was just a war of attrition until we bled out.

In the second match, I focused on gens, but then everyone was down and the people who were up were always injured. We made more gen progress before we died, but the match was over sooner.

What's the correct thing to do?

Best Answer

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Answer ✓

Since this is how I usually play my Wraith the best advice I can give you is as far as priorities altruism comes first then generators.

While you can't control how quickly teammates are downed, personally you need to maintain awareness so that wraith can't get a Chase with minimal distance on you and try to utilize whatever possible to maximize the amount of time they have to focus on you. I know that if I'm spending too much time on One Survivor with this playstyle I either have to get the down soon or drop Chase with the only benefit of spending that time being whatever pallets were wasted.

I find the most effective survivors are the ones that make themselves difficult to find but immediately go for the pickup of teammates; minimizing the benefits of the slug. The best advantage with this build are survivors that ignore teammates long enough to get multiple downs before leaving a gen.

Team healing while the wraith is busy elsewhere is the best option to counter sloppy. Can also try to keep an idea of which direction teammates run off to for an idea of where they may be downed to cut search times.

Answers

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763

Interesting combo. I've been looking for something new to slow down gens on my Wraith to deal with the broken longer chase builds, this might work pretty well.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Use Alert to know when the Killer breaks a pallet (out of cloak obviously)

Use For The People to get a pick up quickly if you are healthy

Botany Knowledge to help the healing needed... I'm afraid that this would be the only perk that'll help

Knockout only works outside of 16M... so Urban Evasion to get close enough

Resilience to help with Gens while being injured

Leader to help others picking you up and group heals

Unbreakable to pick yourself up and recover faster

Tenacity to move closer to a good spot to be picked up and it also helps counter Knockout's other effect... and you can move and recover at the same time

OOO to help getting a read on the Killer if the timing is right

Empathy to know when someone is injured

Bringing a Med-kit to make healing other faster

No Mither to allow you to use any injury based perk in the game and you can pick yourself up

Bond to know who's within 20M of you

Autodidact to help with the healing... but you kinda need to get the stacks

Bite the Bullet to make healing quieter

Buckle Up to see the Killer's Aura if they aren't Cloaked and picking up a Survivor grants endurance so a limited time

Lightweight to help with the stealth aspect

Built To Last to gain back an Item (but gets weaker the more you use it)

Dark Sense this perk all depends on how good the Wraith is

Solidarity to help with Sloppy Butcher and saving others heals you for 50% (so by healing 2 Survivors potentially heals you fully)... Also I think that this perk shouldn't be effected by Sloppy Butcher

In any case... there are perks that help out but it's all on how you use them... also Knockout only lasts for 15 seconds... so Buckle Up, Unbreakable, Tenacity and Empathy would help out the most

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,432

The same thing these killers have to do against MFT and other broken survivor perks. You just lose, or you get in a 4 stack and enjoy getting 50+ perks from discord.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,540

Bond counters Knockout to a degree, since you see where your team mate goes down. You can also combine it with Open Handed to see your team mates across the map.

Sloppy you can't really counter all that well. Your best bet is to either go with it or stack healing speed. Medkits with extra charges and CoH can work for altruistic healing.

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,122

Team Aura perks would help for that. The Wraith players were probably preparing for the next patch where slugging 2-3 Survivors first before hooking is a better way to solidify pressure.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,481

You just listed what a bunch of random perks do and nothing else. In a real life scenario those won't do anything against OP's question if we're being completely honest. Only FTP+Buckle Up would be useful but even then you're already close enough that Knock Out's aura-blocking is kinda redundant.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

Even then... those perks do help to a degree

But yea FTP and Buckle Up along side Unbreakable and Tenacity help more

It's more about learning gamesense rather then just using the perk

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758

You and injured teammates should reset and heal.

Perks like Bond, Empathy which read teammates aura and Botany Knowledge, CoH, Autodidact which increase healing speed will be helpful.

If he keeps slugging everyone and not even trying to heal once is a death sentence in solo queue.

And hope your teammates to go into locker before dying to prevent Knockout effect.

• icedrake402
    icedrake402 Member Posts: 145

The change I'd love to see would be that survivors drop where they get hit (no bounce forward) and they can't move for X seconds after being downed. Would make a nice little antidote to exit gate douchebaggery.

• buckk0097
    buckk0097 Member Posts: 96

this type of wraith playstyle can be done with other killers too notably spirit. so when you see playstyle if you notice your team is strrugling unable to do anything move on to next game.

you will thank me later on the headache that will save you. played many games like this where i tried my best i just end up exhausted and feeling like playing a different game. save your self the the trouble and go next