Why does Feng always get EVERYTHING?

Yes, it's Feng's Tome, but why does she get 50% of the charms?

While the Oni (who is the 2nd character) gets ONE charm and Dredge also gets only one charm. Somehow when Oni was a secondary character in a Rift, he got more stuff....

What is it always with Feng getting everything? I wish Jeff would get so much love as her.

Comments

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,218

I understand this, but even for Meg, Claudette, Nea or Kate it isn't that obvious. They get cosmetics at normal rates, but Feng? Here, take 3 + prime + X + bla (it was like this during the lunar new year).

In addition the charm are 3 times the same monster from her game and it's 3 monsters. Why? Why not give Dredge some charms? The shadow one is so lame tbh. I don't even know if the doll house is supposed to be for Dredge or just a "toy" charm (it looks like Garden of Joy).

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 5,055

Almost everybody loves Feng, Jeff enjoyers are more rare than most other Survivors- Feng has a popular idea as her design core, the Esports Player/ Gamer. Headstrong personality. Jeff is like an Artist, uhm and he likes music, like do you know how little that says to me. Adam Francis says even less to me, a teacher in Japan okay so uhm what?

Its a problem with some Survivors not having a personality or is something that resonates with people or has sex appeal.

If a Survivor has none of those its sold dead in the water, at least Killers have a power to play if you don't like their design or story.

Like Jonah, hes a math guy, like.. hes not high on my list.

• EternalRique
    EternalRique Member Posts: 118

Didn't they say they were working against that? I've noticed they released more and more Haddie cosmetics cause people demanded it.

Feng may be the most popular but she ain't the only character; I personally don't play her and it's cool for those who do to get cosmetics/charms but spread the love to other characters too.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 1,012

Didn't they say they were working against that?

Yeah, they did. I can't remember exactly when or where, but they said that they were expanding their art/cosmetics team so they could deliver cosmetics to more characters -- particularly those that had been neglected like Haddie.

spread the love to other characters too

I agree! I definitely think it's frustrating that Min gets a disproportionate amount of cosmetics.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 1,012

I agree. I do think she gets a disproportionate amount of cosmetics.

I also would've preferred more Oni and Dredge themed charms. None of the "Reign of Kaiju" ones appeal to me at all.

• Quizzy
    Quizzy Member Posts: 862

While its not a secret that feng is popular, i will say the charms going to mostly the survivors is not new. Just last tome, most of the charms were exclusive and related to gabriel while a few were for singularity.

Also it was going to be sooner or later that feng got a tome anyways since she didnt have one yet. The same will be for felix, zarina, elodie, deathslinger etc in the future.

• Quizzy
    edited October 2023

Youll get used to it sooner or later. Now I envy feng players getting skins nearly every update but keep in mind that she is very expensive to keep up. Every limited event(lunar anniversary and most likely Halloween), she was given a limited timed skin in the store which fomo is an issue for some ppl. At least since ur a jeff player, you dont have to dish out money like feng mains. And he's been getting more lately this year. So its a win for you anyways.

• LapisInfernalis
    edited October 2023

I don't like Feng because those who play her are often so incredible toxic. And most of her background so far is like: She's a game addict who does e-sport and forgets everything else.

Not quite appealing to me. But hey.

Older Survivors have a background story of maybe 1 page or less and most forgotten characters are either of this era or did not come to the game with a lot of cosmetics. Or they just had bad lore with a very bad image like Jonah. First I thought "cool, a math dude" but then I saw then tick every cliche box there is.

I have many male friends who love Feng just because she is cute. Most of them don't even know her bio.

Why was Haddie not played when she came out? Because of missing cosmetics, because she has meh perks and because "she was ugly". Especially the last part blew my mind.

I am also not talking about Jeff alone as there are many characters who are forgotten, who deserve some love: Zarina, Jonah, Adam, Deathslinger, Twins.. And those I forgot as well.

It's the principle that frustrates me. Oni players have waited for ages to get a Tome and then they only get 1 charm, but Feng gets 10. I am lucky that I have the old ones, but that was ages ago.

I understand that the Devs want to make money, but if you anger or frustrate a part of you player base because their Characters are neglected, you should change that.

Did Feng deserve the tome? Yes, as she is afaik the oldest survivor who was still missing one. Did she deserve all that stuff? No.

Post edited by LapisInfernalis on
  • Archael
    Archael Member Posts: 830

First of all:

I thought charms are for everyone, not tied to specific characters. But besides. Charms means literally nothing, since noone can ever see them. Rarely in the trial, and even less in lobby. Maybe charms on hooks can be seen and thus have value, but survs charms... no. I came with ideas about other cosmetic options, like for example customizable hooks. But BHVR are lazy developers, with very greed attitude.

And second thing is that Feng do not have as much cosmetics (for now):

But yeah, i agree, it would be great to see cosmetics to some other characters. Why Yoichi cant have cosmetics? Why Jonah get very little.

• Nos37
    Nos37 Member Posts: 4,142

If they gave all the non-licensed survivors Feng Min cosplay outfits, I would not be shocked.

• LapisInfernalis

Ummm Feng has more cosmetics than Dwight and Jake. OG characters who were in the game much longer...

I know the store did not exist till Kate, but the ratio of cosmetics is just insane. During Lunar New Year, she got 4 cosmetics in 2 weeks. And not even all are in the store right now as she has tons of seasonal stuff.

I don't need this kind of injustice in a game, I see it enough when I look out of the window.

• Archael
  • Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,771

I haven’t read up on anything but the Kaijus are not entirely tied to Min alone, are they? Dwight even got a skin with one of the kaijus dangling from his backpack and they might be part of others lore as well?

• LapisInfernalis

Feng has way more. It depends on how many of the seasonal stuff you have:

I don't have all limited cosmetics from her as I don't main her. I don't even really bought stuff for her too....

• Quizzy

U havent seen nothing yet. She's about to get 3 in total in a span of 2 weeks for this month.

• Quizzy
    edited October 2023

Oh wow. This is very eye opening. Welp. If ur a man and not dwight, you will barely get much. But we shouldn't be surprised. Behavior needs money. I'm scared to see how much Kate has. Probably close to ace, david and jake. And they came out way b4 her

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 705

If a character is popular and sells they are going to get more content. I think it's pretty easy to understand and every game works by that rule and the reason is because it works.

• LapisInfernalis

I understand that as well, but it ends up in a spiral of doom. And it is very disrespectful of those who do not main Feng.

• adaw0ng

... How is it disrespectful? I do not play her and I do not care. Good for her players, idk. All non-licensed characters are getting way more attention cosmetics/content wise this year, the team in charge of that has improved and grown and it's easy to tell so. I am very satisfied with the quantity and quality of cosmetics lately. This rift is the best one and bigger one if we talk about cosmetics, tons of them.

• LapisInfernalis

You cannot compare licensed and non-licensed characters. the latter will always get more.

How it is disrespectful? The devs give us characters to play with and then they ignore a bunch of them, because they did not make them appealing enough in the first place. or because they did not have the impact they wish they had, idk. players of all characters deserve some love, not only the lucky ones who love a character who is for some reason popular and therefore can work as the best money grab.

Even Haddie get's more love nowadays.

Mark my words, when the Iron Maiden/Slipknot collab comes out, Jeff (the Metalhead!) will get nothing but Feng, Kate, Nea or whoever will get something even if it doesn't fit them.

• Quizzy
    edited October 2023

I wouldn't be surprised by that either. And considering that this is a collab, it will be auric cells only rather than shards 4 weeks later. Another opportunity to squeeze out money from their money-making survivors/killers.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 632

more survivors than killers ---> not that many oni players --> lots of feng players --> cash money

• adaw0ng

Yes, that’s why I pointed out original characters so nobody pulls the “oh but what about licensed ones?” card.

Jeff has gotten a good amount of cosmetics this year, just like mostly anyone else. I would get the complaints about cosmetics until last year, but now… pretty much everyone gets consistent cosmetics. The Haddie situation really opened their eyes and I’m glad now that’s just in the past. If you want Jeff to get to the same level of Feng and friends, play him more with your friends or ask the community why they don’t like him as they do with others. Each character mostly has their target audience overall, and some just happen to be bigger than others. Again… Every games does it and it’s what gives them the biggest profit, and even like that lately all characters get a cosmetic at least every other major update (chapters and midchapters).

• LapisInfernalis
    edited October 2023

The problem with Jeff's cosmetics until recently was that they all looked so similar (leather jacket+bandana+jeans). And one of his best cosmetics was a prime one where we still don't know if we will see them ever again.

I guess most people dislike Jeff because he's so loud and tall and had mostly ######### perks too. The volume should be fixed (I posted this in another post), but his height is a minus as you can't hide as well. He's gigantic even compared to other males. He's also not a handsome young dude like Felix, Steve or David. He's a bear in his mid-40s. Even characters who are older like Ace or Vittorio have more fans because they have that kind of appeal to the playerbase.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,691

I find this comment funny because it's the opposite of my view. Jeff and Adam are some of my favorite survivors because I think they're likeable decent guys with good designs and sympathetic everyman backstories. Meanwhile I think Feng is a cringe-inducing "How do you do, fellow kids?" embarrassment of a character who only sells on sex appeal.

• Quizzy

I believe you'll know how much of an impact a character leaves off on a playerbase based on their reasoning of maining them and their impact. Some are just one liners-"they are so cute" blah blah like feng. Others have reasons in their lore/personality that is relatable and may have a impact in their lives. Ex for me, david.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,541

Because she sells well. If you were in charge of putting out products for a company, I imagine that in the interests of keeping yourself employed you'd probably want to make sure your products are appealing and making money. It's common sense. I do think that they have definitely taken the feedback into consideration though, because less popular survivors are getting more and more cosmetics these days.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

My question is, why doesn't Feng get more things? I wish they would take the cosplay idea even further with Feng and let her use any cosmetic in the game.

• LapisInfernalis

If they want to frustrate the non-Feng players for doing it, then yes.

All others have to be patient and wait for their one or 2 cosmetics per year, but Feng players always get something extra. During Lunar New Year she had 2 cosmetics in the rift, one new LNY outfit in the store and a LNY recolor on prime.

Now it is that she gets 80% of the charms in the tome, when it was different just one tome before. Very sus if you ask me.

• LapisInfernalis

Then I ask: what is more important: money or your player base?

The players will give you money, but only as long as they are happy. You don't do that by neglecting a part of your community.

• KateMain86

If they gave the same attention to the least played characters as they did the most, there would be less cosmetics overall and less money being made from them. This game was made to make profit. Focusing on the parts of the game that generate the most profit is just good business.

If you have 2 characters you're making money from and one is generating 100x more profit than the other, who is the logical and better choice to focus on and will neglecting the other cause enough loss of profit that the other wouldn't make up for? Its not about what is more important. It is about what is in the best interest of the company to sustain itself and grow. The player base generates the money so marketing in the most appealing way to the player base is the key. Making sure every main player of every character on the roster is always happy with what is available for their mains doesn't seem like the best business decision.

• motiRobot
    motiRobot Member Posts: 21

Fen「Do you hate me?」

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 5,055

idk if Idd call Feng having sex appeal, everyone I have seen talk about her says shes cute gamer. I only play Killer myself.

• Archael

Im not an expert. But if a character have a skin i like i would concider playing that character, especially if skin changes lot of character look

• LapisInfernalis

How is it then that it worked for other popular character before? Kate, Meg, Claudette, Nea....

But yes, I get it.

Money money money money money money....

• KateMain86

Because those characters were better received by the player base than others. They appealed to more people than the other ones did. It would be reckless for them to ignore that and focus on the least popular characters of the game in the same way they focus on the most popular. That is not a bad thing by the way. As I said, this game exists to make profit for the company that made it. Focusing on what generates the most profit is the right decision.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,691

Focusing on what generates the most profit is the right decision.

For a corporate drone, maybe. But none of us work for BHVR so none of us should be so concerned with how much profit they make. I don't care how much money Feng makes, I don't like her. I like other characters and I want them to get cosmetics more often.

• KateMain86
    edited October 2023

This works both ways. Why should they care about anything you do if it isn't in their best interest as a company and not a shared interest by a large amount of people within the community? Not saying they do or don't. Just giving it as an example as to why it can lean certain ways when it comes to cosmetics. If they devote half their time to producing cosmetics for characters that people rarely play then you and a few others may be happy, but the company suffers as a result. It costs money to make this stuff. People have to be paid for it as well as the resources involved in creating them. Besides all that, if after all of the expenses they aren't in considerable profit then it only makes sense to focus on what does generate good enough profit to make it worth their investment.