Opinions on new Borgo?

Options

I’m glad it got changed but I only got to play on it once so far, but for the ones who did get to play on it what are your opinions on it now?

Comments

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

I don't play, but in the opinion of the player, it seems that the strong loop point has been changed, so it is adjusted in a better balance than expected.

• NODD3RS
    NODD3RS Member Posts: 126
    Options

I still cant see on that map

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

I was fine with the revamp. An overall improvement I'd say.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 401
    Options

first it was too big, then they made it smaller without changing the pallets, then they gutted the pallet spawns... only bhvr deals in absolutes :(

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,213
    Options

Better, but still has some LOS issues.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

I'm only interested if they fixed the red hue and made it a map where I don't have to squint my eyes

Judging by some comments, seems like they haven't fixed that

• adam1233467
    adam1233467 Member Posts: 887
    Options

In my opinion, this map needs to have more LoS, this map has the size of Saloon, but Saloon is good because it have a lot of LoS, the houses, shack, main building etc, shattered square doens’t have anything

• CLHL
    CLHL Member Posts: 123
    Options

It's ok except for that new structure that is like a mini killer shack... Seriously, what were they thinking? That window sometimes links to some ridiculous loops.

• OnryosTapeRentals
    OnryosTapeRentals Member Posts: 661
    Options

Ugh, same here.

That map is such an eyesore. Trying to track scratch marks and blood on that map is a nightmare. I was really hoping they would change the colour pallete, but it somehow feels even worse after the rework.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,064
    Options

I dunno if that is actually true, the past few games i have played on it, survivors just predropped like 4 pallets in the first 60 seconds basically creating a free deadzone. I think survivors are just used to the old borgo where you have 80000 pallets and you can just predrop all of them.

• tjt85
    tjt85 Member Posts: 643
    Options

It felt more manageable to play on as Killer. So my first impression is that it's slightly more Killer sided than it was (mostly due to the smaller size). Unfortunately, I didn't survive long enough to get a real feel for it in my one Survivor game on the map. The layout is obviously still unfamiliar, so that didn't help. I'm not very good at looping anyway, so my opinion probably isn't worth a great deal.

And it's still very, very red.

• Zakon05
    Zakon05 Member Posts: 125
    Options

Worse than it used to be, at least as killer, but that's my early impression. So many tiles chain together smoothly.

• Robotfangirl67
    Robotfangirl67 Member Posts: 634
    Options

Yeah, I haven’t been enjoying any of these reworked maps which also includes Borgo. Tracking on them is a pain. Catching up to survivors on there are a pain as well. The clutter and safe tiles and long walls keep coming back. So yeah another issue I have with them is the RNG on them just needs to be removed entirely. Only because sometimes you get a ton of pallets on one side and none on the other. But anyway I just haven’t really like new revamp maps like Borgo.

• ARTRA
    ARTRA Member Posts: 881
    Options

Still red and burned wood that looks like scratch marks from far away.

But better than before i would say at first impression i just played a few games as surv and killer and i dont see a problematic window or something weird.

• CaulDrohn
    CaulDrohn Member Posts: 1,570
    Options

Played two killer games on it yesterday, felt way better than before. Map is noticebly smaller, has more LOS blockers (was playing GF in one game), and is not cluttered with pallets anymore.

Might feel worse for survivor, though.

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

I kept getting it constantly and honestly it seems ok. It's still hard to see on the map and the blinding red filter is still present, which still brings it down. However, it does feel way better as killer and on the survivor side of things it's actually decent as well.

• Majin151
    Majin151 Member Posts: 1,270
    Options

It's still an eyesore and has those f ing scorched parts that look like scratch marks

• Yippiekiyah
    Yippiekiyah Member Posts: 435
    edited October 2023
    Options

It’s much better now for killer, one of the few map reworks they’ve got right at least in terms of balance.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,295
    Options

Do you even need scratch marks on this map when you can wave at the survivors from across the map as soon as the match starts? It's mostly an empty dead zone field full of random junk boxes that don't even block los...

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,146
    Options

Still too red.

• xltechno
    xltechno Member Posts: 1,026
    Options

as a result. For Survivors with high Chase skills, this map still favors Survivors, and for Survivors who don't have it, the adjustments have been made to make it feel more for a Killer.

Although it can be said that the balance is good, survivors who cannot chase cannot move around without wasting pallets, so they become exhausted as the battle progresses towards the end.

• HarlockTaliesin
    HarlockTaliesin Member Posts: 763
    Options

Yeah, I think I'm taking a break until map repeat prevention is turned back on. This thing is killing my eyes.

• rysm
    rysm Member Posts: 214
    Options

Why TF is it still so red...

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,729
    Options

no, the map has like 6-8 pallets. it is like old shelter woods. the map is decent in size but it has no resources for survivor to loop. the killer can break all pallets in first two chases.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

Hard to find pallets without Windows of Opportunity now.

Many areas that look like maybe pallet or window would spawn, but nothing.

• Turretcube
    Turretcube Member Posts: 429
    Options

Havn't had a match on it yet where one side is just stomping the other, out of 24 match's on it. It does feel much better in term's of size, the red colouring is still annoying, i havn't really seen the issue of a lack of pallet's, so i can't really say it's an issue. It is still new so some time is needed.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,665
    Options

Too many dead zones and the few that are there are in really close proximity to each other. Spread them out and then add a few more. So many I've chased someone and thought someone was going to reach a pallet only to find there is nothing there.

Somehow it looks even uglier. Everything is a similar colour and now there's more clutter so everything just blends together.

At least I can actually stalk people as Ghostface now so that's good.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514
    Options

Definitely better. Wish I could say the same about McMillian.

• GensByDaylight
    GensByDaylight Member Posts: 528
    Options

I just played on it again... there was a palletless jungle gym.

I didn't even know that could happen.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,629
    Options

Probably a sign of things to come with future maps and reworks. I played on it again about an hour ago, and had to try run around obstacles as tight as I could because none of the gens i was working on had pallets nearby. Just random clutter. Didn't really do much when the killer is naturally faster than me and the only way to get out of the unsafe area was to take a hit.

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 1,783
    Options

Except it doesn't have the benefit of old Shelter Woods that the map might be too big for many Killers.

It was so bad I ran an L from Main Building, to the corner, to Killer Shack, and there were 0 pallets outside of gyms. There was 1 joke of a window, that basically was as strong as a z-wall window found on the edgemap normally, but any 4.6 Killer could get a hit from a single mindgame that forced a vault.

• SirCracken
    SirCracken Member Posts: 1,414
    Options

It's still garbage.

The red hue that makes blood and scratch marks harder to see remains.

The obnoxious interconnected loops are still a thing.

There's still clutter everywhere.

The only thing the rework did was make it slightly smaller. But this just made most of the loops easier to chain together.

• JackOfTrades
    JackOfTrades Member Posts: 442
    Options

Good for Billy sniping.