If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Which killer has the most confusing lore

Options

This also goes with their existing lore and archive lore and even lore from charms. For me it's Legion has I barely read lore now as I just can't make it through the entire lore now because it is extremely long. I would say Legion since even though theirs the whole multiverse my head will still spin trying to figure their lore out mainly with Susie has I'm super confused on is she super to be the stereotypical "Oh I don't know guys this seems kinda bad :( " or more "Yeah I'm fine with doing this kind of stuff"

Comments

• Aurelle
    Aurelle Member Posts: 3,611
    Options

Nurse and Hag. Both got things reconned in their original lore by the tomes, which makes it confusing.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,748
    Options

Hag's for sure.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    Options

I haven't read every detail of the lore but isn't Dredge just an imaginary thing Otto created? And somehow the Entity manifested it into the Fog? Does the Entity even have control over the Dredge?

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    edited October 2023
    Options

Except Nurse wasn't retconned, nothing in her tome contradicts her original lore, it only expanded it.

The whole ''mercy killing'' angle was nothing more than fan interpretation of an otherwise incredibly short and vague backstory that bhvr ended up taking in a different direction altogether.

Post edited by Smoe on
  • Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,197
    Options

The Dredge was created by the dark thoughts of the Garden, it was not just in Otto's imagination.

Something thats also implied is Otto knowing what The Doctor was up to before he was brought to the Entity's realm. The reason for this is because he was trying to get The Dredge to come back

Now this is from my quick read from the tome stories, its not something I keep tabs on nearly as much as I used to nowadays.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,470
    edited October 2023
    Options

Ya know, considering Doctor's Otto & Dredge's Otto are two different versions of the same character, makes you wonder how many there are in the multiverse and just what kind of dark supernatural thing each of them are doing at their own terras.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,849
    Options

I’ve always thought Oni’s was pretty confusing.

• A_Can_Of_Air
    A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,006
    Options

Skull Merchant’s.

It has little focus on her as a person and just tries to list all of these things she is or has done without any real substance.

She’s smart, did SHE maker her drones?

She’s manipulative and cunning, did she get others to make them for her?

She’s mega rich. How did she make so much money from a Brazilian manga website???

Her dad just disappeared, something that really didn’t change much in the long term other than “I want to make him proud and make his work mean something”.

She hunts her competition, how has no one noticed the pattern of her business takeovers and her rivals dying left and right?

Too many questions, and her tome didn’t do much to expand her character past what we knew about her.

Funnily enough, I still enjoyed it, somehow. Not everything has to be the next best selling novel, but it was different to anything we currently have.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,080
    Options

Personally, I loathe Skull Merchant's lore. She feels like short-sighted pandering rather than a real character. Not only does she have all the problems you mentioned it, the lore doesn't even detail what her father's manga was and why it inspired her so much, which is one of the most integral parts of her character.

I can accept that she's just a ruthless psychopathic genius with an apex predator complex, fine. But how did she make so much money? Where did she get her technology from? What was her father's dark manga? There's too many unanswered questions. The lore theory I made up in my head after seeing her reveal trailer and perk descriptions was more coherent than what we got.