Tunnel and hook camp is still the meta.

bathwatergrill
bathwatergrill Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 7

After million gazillion games as solo queue and with 1-2 friends. Every game is still the same. Antifacecamp does nothing against the actual camping. Killers just proxy hook like before, trickling the meter to not fill before 2nd state, without actually leaving the hook far enough. Tunneling is still in meta, but that's also to blame on bad survivors. Nobody running antitunnel perks, people unhooking next to killer and not taking protection hits.

Comments

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,559

This doesn't really come as a surprise. Camping and tunneling are far more effective than going for 12 hooks. It has always been that way and with so little things that would make tunneling and camping risky (nobody runs 'em perks no more) it's also safer than to go for many hooks now.

There are even perks, that disincentivise playing nice. And quite popular perks at that. It will take a lot more than this AFC mechanic to change that. Nevertheless, it's a step in the right direction.

• dwight444
    dwight444 Member Posts: 346

I thought they addressed Leatherface's ability to insta down you off hook

Just had one stand just outside the range but still close enough that he can just rev up during the unhook animation and still down us both.....

Leatherface players have adapted easily enough to the change I see

• rvzrvzrvz
    rvzrvzrvz Member Posts: 940

yeah today I only get huntress/nurse camping 15m away it's such a fun game, i think you can't fix this game only way is making DBD 2 without hooks to camp

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,359

Ironic that before it released there were a bunch of killer players sure it would give survivors free unhooks for breathing within 64 meters of a hook, and now there are a bunch of survivor players upset that it doesn't.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,358

The system got adjusted from the ptb and the devs agreed with the complaints about issues where survivors could get the unhook when the killer wasn't facecamping.

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

Im not seeing the problem, saves have been in incredibly boring and safe in my games. Even with killers at the edge the distance is enough to make the save and reach the next loop if not escape the chase altogether.

• ratcoffee
    ratcoffee Member Posts: 1,359
  • Unknown2765
    Unknown2765 Member Posts: 2,251

Anit-facecamp only affects slow moving killers, nurses are laughing at the mechanic while standing 35m from the hook

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,847

To be fair I didn’t think facecamping was very common. Proxy camping has always been more common, and only a couple of killers could insta-down survivors who went in for saves—with one killer doing it reliably. And that killer isn’t very common to face. I think they could have put the time they did into anti-camp into something else.