Auric cells on shop.deadbydaylight?

What’s stopping you (behavior) from selling auric cell codes in the shop? The same packs as in game but directly from your store, so in the event (like recently with xbox users unable to buy auric cells) players are less likely to miss out on stuff.

Also buying cells to gift to players would be a cool trend to start. Like players and content creators could give away codes for different situations, like trivia or custom challenges.

All I’m saying is it would be a great quality of life improvement for the community

Answers

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 1,104
    edited October 2023

Likely the problem would be the platform owners themselves.

BHVR is using 3rd party hardware in order to sell a software product, they don't own the hardware themselves.

In order for the hardware companies to keep themselves financed over time; they need some kind of continual revenue stream. This can come from subscription services. It can also come from taking a cut from sales on their platform (with which they can use to reduce their own subscription service cost and/or make their subscription service more appealing).

Detaching sales from platforms basically reduces revenue for the hardware providers. That could possibly hurt future deals, violate existing ones, and make BHVR less appealing of a partner.

Could they structure some sort of deal/monitoring where codes credit the platform on which they were redeemed? Probably, but it would require more overhead to manage and would add more points of failure such as the addition of time delays between money spent and currency redeemed.

But this is my own speculation, maybe they already "pay rent", and in-game transactions are not touched.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,498

I have not tried to buy auric cells after the buf happened to me. So is that true you can't buy them at all on xbox currently?

• AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,402

Yep. In fact, another game I play that uses a third party seller to allow streamers who partner with them to get a cut of the profits of their premium currency sales, but those codes are PC only. Granted, the game has cross-progression with Xbox so you can just enter the code on your PC account, buy the stuff you want, then go back to your Xbox. Sony however does not allow cross-progression. Which, I will take the time to note to everyone, yes I said Sony does not allow it. So, it's very likely the same issue with BHVR not doing cross-progression.