Nurse blinking is slower than a walking 4.6m/s killer.

Options

Nurse is really not that mobile unless she is on an indoor map. This is one of the reasons why I think she shouldn't be nerfed anymore, as she has really weak mobility compared to other killers and only her chase is strong.

the angled line is her distance when blinking, fatiguing, recharging, and blinking again. on the left graph the red line is her walking normally. The blue line on the graph on the right is the speed of a normal 115% speed killer compared to nurse blinking.

credits to my friend david on twitter.

thoughts?

Comments

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,076
    Options

It's not really cut and dry. She has insane mobility for some things, but playing against effective W holders is really tedious. As others have said, there's not a killer on the roster that can match her in short range bursts other than Hag (kind of). Early W is extremely effective against her on some maps where she can't cut you off. Learning to zone a player who actually good is a whole thing to learn on Nurse. You have to be insanely patient.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,133
    Options

2 blinks is the keyword there. You don't use 2 blinks for mobility, you use 1.

• woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994
    Options

You get less distance with your blink if there are obstacles in the way because it takes more charge to get through it. I would bet she is still slower, even accounting for obstacles.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,390
    Options

I suppose 1 way of looking at mobility is what are you exactly using said mobility for.

In most cases when patrolling you don't go right up to a gen... you get to a location, look and listen, then move on if nothing is there. Nurse can quickly go to a spot, see if the gen pistons are wiggling, then start her move on to another spot before other killers have gotten there to check, so the slowdown doesn't really impact her as much as one would think in patrolling scenarios.

She can of course also blink through hills and walls other killers have to walk around. Shortest distance between 2 points is her mobile strength.

So I guess technically she has less mobility, but in practise, she typically has more?

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141
    Options

It would be best to put Nurse in the Recycle Bin and delete forever, along with Skull Merchant.

• hatchetChugger
    hatchetChugger Member Posts: 441
    Options

her map mobility on maps that arent indoors is hardly baseline at best. ofcourse her mobility in chase is good as she is much closer to the survivor and doesn't suffer from the same issues she has when trying to traverse the map outside of a chase

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 401
    Options

their referring to map mobility, which is important because hers is really nothing special on the majority of maps. meawhile many say she crosses the map in an instant and needs it nerfed etc etc. Nurse has the strongest chase but the weakest map mobility (for most maps, delete midwich)

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 401
    Options

the graph calculates for just one fully charged blink though

• woundcowboy
    Options

Did you not understand what I said? Some objects take more of the charge to get through, so it can take the full charge just for it to spit you out the other side. In other words, you get through the object but get no additional distance. Leary’s is a great example of this.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,279
    Options

Ok but compare that to a normal 4.6 killer and they would need to walk around the entire thing.

• woundcowboy
    Options

It’s probably the same thing is what I’m saying. If it’s not, it’s really close. This thread really highlights how little the community knows about Nurse. Her power is strong because of chase. Her map mobility is whatever

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,279
    Options

Her mobility definitely isnt the strongest part of her kit but to say its weaker than average is just wrong, which is what OP is implying here

• Bloodwebs
    Bloodwebs Member Posts: 250
    Options

Yeah look, nurse is still the best killer in the game. She always has been, always will it seems.

• woundcowboy
    Options

At best it’s the same as m1 killers (minus two story maps). The perception in this thread is “she has a teleport!” Yet people don’t realize that it does little for map control.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,421
    Options

with hope mft, you can make 2 blinks worth of distance if nurse makes an oopsie.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    Options

Ikr? I wish as a survivor I could walk to the gen down right beneath me without using the stairs or finding a drop. Everyone should be able to wall hack if nurse can. You think I'm joking but I'm not lol. That killer is ridiculous.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,227
    Options

Nah the best burst movement speed is huntress throwing a 52m/s hatchet

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,935
    Options

your description is exactly what I dislike about nurse. For me, playing against nurse feels like playing against instant-scoping deathslinger that can shoot through walls and zones by sheer existence.

I understand that other killer have zoning capacities but they don't zone by existence and their zoning is avoidable/delayable. there is like skill component to not getting zoned and often a mechanical skill-component to avoid the ability all together. with nurse, you have very little to no agency in term of mechanical skill in avoiding nurse ability and even less agency in zoning. Patient nurses that have good time management and good assessment of risk vs reward for blinks are why I dislike playing vs nurse. I don't think she's overpowered or anything, just uninteresting to play against even when you escape.

• ConcernedPlayer
    ConcernedPlayer Member Posts: 38
    edited October 2023
    Options

Not speaking on anything else about Nurse, but something people seem to forget is charging up and then blinking all the way to the destination in one go, while it can take you through basically all obstacles (assuming you have the blink distance to make it past its blink hitbox), it’s not actually always ideal to do so.

It’s why despite being able to freely go through walls, while she’s absurd on Midwich, she’s dreadful on Lery’s or similar maps and areas where there’s a lot of close together walls and twisting paths with very short lines of sight at best. Being able to go through everything just backfires if the survivor moves out of the way in the time it takes to charge and travel. Waking killers don’t need to worry about that because they’ll stay close enough in a continuous walk they’ll realistically never lose track without something to suddenly cut off chase info.

Obviously, she’s still very strong. But her form of mobility has downsides way weaker killers don’t ever need to worry about as well, which I find amusing.