"anti camp" system has done nothing for the game

Options
sluc16
sluc16 Member Posts: 535

Killers just proxy camp, which is pretty obvious is what they were gonna do, duh

Comments

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,115
    Options

But the complaints were about camping and aggressive unhook denial, not the killer standing too close.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,533
    Options

It's just what others have said... and yes they are splitting hairs cause that's what they needed to do

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,353
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yeah, when people complain about camping it’s proxy camping that they’re unhappy with. Face camping is pretty rare. It does suck for the person stuck on hook but it’s an uncommon situation and removing grabs was probably enough to solve it.

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 401
    Options

is your face 16m long? No? so why should the anti FACE camp stop it?

• caipt
    caipt Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 401
    Options

(obviously, we all know hes got that predtor helios 9000 delta spartan omega dragon PC)

• mca240
    mca240 Member Posts: 456
    Options

Wow, yes...amazing saves! Pyramid Head waiting to shoot his trail, Deathslinger spearing you the moment you get off and wait out the endurance and so on and so on. Playing survivor is still depressing with little chase and a lot of camping. Why is this the only game that thinks spawn trapping (which it essentially is) is ok? It is just peak flawed design and the reason plenty of players get fed up and quite the game.

• CLHL
    CLHL Member Posts: 131
    Options

Survivors have become more greedy and repair until the last moment before attempting the rescue, because they think it will be easy now that the AFC system is in place. And you know what? It's the opposite, the killer will come back to secure the kill. This has made the killer more efficient, because they camp when necessary and not by default.

• mca240
    Options

Most of the times killers just proxy a hook waiting for the unhooker and hit them before getting to the hook. They are glued to it because it is a lazy and easy way to play that pays off. The scenario you painted however is very rare and would less frustrate me because that is on the survivors.

• Hannacia
    Hannacia Member Posts: 1,163
    Options

Tombstone Myers and Bubba still whack you off the hook. Otherwise its ok.

• Katzengott
    Katzengott Member Posts: 1,205
    Options

I wonder how the anti-camp features are effecting comp and tournaments. Last time i watched, there was A LOT camping.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,063
    Options
  • mca240
    edited October 2023
    Options

Once you hook someone you’re supposed to find someone else and chase them. If I can win most of my matches with a basic Meyer’s build, so should you.

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • KFChris18
    KFChris18 Member Posts: 109
    Options

Since the feature doesn't force you to jump off hook, comp just banned it. You're already not allowed to try to kobe unless you have deliverance anyway.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333
    Options

That's hilariously dumb.

Comp DBD continues to be the strangest thing.

• Firellius
    Options

just play the game as it sits

They'd love to, but they can't, because camping still hasn't been nerfed.

• Firellius
    Options

Strange, the last time I remember, camping was part of the game.

So were infinites, doesn't mean it's supposed to be there or good for the game.

Also people can only be first to be camped 25% of all time on average, except they are overly unlucky or straight up bad at hiding/gameplay, and play otherwise in 75% of the rest if their games.

You forget that if one person is being camped, the other three don't have much of a game to speak of, either.

• ReikoMori
    edited October 2023
    Options

They most certainly can because what they want is free escapes and a complete inability of killers to play defensively which they aren't getting. They need to play the game as it sits and learn how to actually make proper saves against a defensive opponent. Don't misunderstand me here, being completely denied the chance to make a save was extremely problematic. That problem has now been addressed and that means the issue is no longer "Killer makes it impossible to save" but "I need to learn how to make saves under suboptimal conditions."

That requires people to learn to approach the game as a team rather than a series of 1v1v1v1v1 with some occasional teamwork if they feel like it. They are never going to learn that if the devs just keeps giving them game changing mechanics and basekit versions of perks. At some point you have to just learn how to the play the game that you have, this is the exact same concept survivors push at killers and it's true. Proxy camping is never going away as that was never the goal and the devs have been clear about this from the first moment they ever mentioned working on a solution to the strength of camping. Proxy camping pressures the survivors into making suboptimal saves, but they still can make saves while facecamping deletes most options to even try to save. Not being able to deal with facecamping is a game design issue that has now been corrected. Not being able to deal with proxy camping is a player skill issue that survivors need to overcome.

This isn't to be mean, but even in a casual game such as this players should be expected to develop skill based solutions rather than rely on the game to change at the expense of their opponent.

Post edited by ReikoMori on
  • Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 448
    Options

Just don't get hooked in a corner. With sloppy butcher it's gg ez.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

+1

It amazes me how much people want to have their hands held in this asymmetrical game.

• mca240
    Options

Got forbid people want a fair game and not be speared by a Deathslinger coming off hook (which is what all the face campers switch to by the way). Not every team is on comms or competent to deal with it either.

• Firellius
    Options

That requires people to learn to approach the game as a team rather than a series of 1v1v1v1v1 with some occasional teamwork if they feel like it. 

Ah, yes, because that is what the game is built for, with its robust internal communication system and baseline aura reading on all other team members.

It helps facilitate well-coordinated teamwork efforts.

Because DBD is meant to be a team game. Obviously.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,333
    Options

I give it about 2 weeks or less before players go back to complaining about survivors giving up on hook.

The problem that BHVR should actually be trying to solve here is survivors not actually getting to play the game, which is the #1 primary reason people give up: because 'unlucky, go next' has been the meta for a long time now.

The solution here is not the right one. They should've either increased the hook timer (for the first time ever in the game's history) or reverted Reassurance to the PTB version, but give the hooked survivor a 'press e to cancel Reassurance' option to nuke the hostage concern.

Personally, I much prefer the reassurance option, which gives survivors an actually useful tool that can be used for camping situations. It gives survivors perk options, gives players some options to choose when this should be used, and doesn't involve an easily circumvented 'base kit' mechanic.

• ElectricSweathog
    ElectricSweathog Applicant Posts: 23
    Options

It doesn’t seem to really come into effect from the games I’ve played so far, since the timer grows so slowly, but I am noticing myself getting tunneled way harder now for some reason.

• ReikoMori
    edited October 2023
    Options

You want to act like the game doesn't have some of those things, but it does. Folks just refuse to use them.

Baseline aura reading? Bond's right there, it's a free perk that only requires anyone to play dwight or at the very least dump some bloodpoints into him. The amount of people who have the perk and yet refuse to even entertain using it is massive.

Internal communication? There's an entire hand signal emote system that was meant to be used in place of verbal communication. People never actually use it for that, but that is what it's for. Stack that on top of the player created signal language and you have a set of serviceable tools. It's not as direct and potent as VC, but the game was designed with non-verbal communication being the main way we interacted.

The game is built for teamwork, but like with any game with solo queue the players trend towards not working together. Giving you built in features will not change that because it's not a mechanical issue, it's a player issue. You solve player issues by learning to play in better ways rather than expecting everything to just be given to you. You want all this info, but the game is already given you most of what you want if you'd learn to read the HUD which has a very robust suite of indicators telling you in real time most of what you need. Combine that with Bond and you have the maximum amount of real time information necessary to make effective decisions. The HUD is something everyone has access to by default and Bond only requires one perk slot out 16 total slots spread across 4 players.

• KFChris18
    KFChris18 Member Posts: 109
    Options

It was put in place to prevent teams from suiciding on hook to deny points or to give their teammates hatch

• Bravescorpio
    Bravescorpio Member Posts: 152
    Options

But but... this person said that ALL face campers went deathslinger. EVERY ONE OF THEM. And it must be fact, they said it. lol. What a joke. If people want to camp, they are better off using the Hag, her power still works fine at the hook.