The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors stop complaining about blight if you are doing one of these things

buckk0097
buckk0097 Member Posts: 96
edited October 2023 in General Discussions

I see so many people complain about blight and honestly it hurts to see most of them are misguided on what is wrong with blight and what is fine and its survivor fault. here are things to keep in mind if you struggle against blight:

1- Not even paying attention to the blight red stain during the slam duration to tell you which side he will be coming from and flicking towards...

2- not having the common sense to go behind a cover when you see a hooked survivor position and terror radius closing on you.

3- IF you are behind a rock. and he is coming a bit from right, go left so his flick doesnt reach you. common sense but many survivors stay in middle and take a CANE TO THE HEAD.

4- ( this one was first tip in OTZ video and its most common mistake i see ) Giving blight free hit on his last rush by staying in dumb position or in the open. especially after he just hooked someone

5- PLEASE start faking running one way then double back to the other when the blight is in slam duration. you will bait him to waste a rush or flick on the wrong side.

6- Not keeping an eye on the blight rushing and instead just vaulting a window or holding W....youd be surprised how many survivors dont even look at me and what iam trying to do then die and DC...

7- LAST THING...THIS WILL BLOW YOUR MIND.....PLAY BLIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!.....goes for any killer......PLAY HIM TO KNOW HOW TO COUNTER HIM.

FYI: good survivors wont care if blight has alchemist ring or c33. they know how to avoid hits anyway and can use their experience to comeout on top. However some addons on blight needs nerfed so please keep discussion on basekit blight and not his addons( they are already going to receive a patch soon )

Comments

• One thing I've learned is if the Blight is very close to you and in the middle of a Slam...get up close and mess with their FOV. I noticed this causes a lot of Blight players to hestitate and may force them into cooldown which might give you time to get to a loop.

Also if a tile is tall enough and he's trying to Rush, crouch down. Break that LoS as much as possible. It'll make them second guess on the rush.

• buckk0097

aaying that you terrible with blight. and that addons that make you move faster with little time to contol blight makes you unbeatable..... makes think u dont even play blight u just complain because eveyone says its bad instead of learning

i highly doubt a bad blight would be stronger with double speed its actually the opposite. a bad blight wont rush alot because their bad.....

people like you are the problem and i hope bhvr doesnt listen to your crying instead of people who have argumenta and experience what they talk about

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,906
    edited October 2023

Alchemist Ring does do a lot for a purple add-on. Bubba has something similar and yet that's a iridescent... and given Bubba's relies on survivors being nearby to even be useful, whereas Blight can cover monstrous distances with a full set of charges, AR seems pretty strong for a purple.

C33 does a lot, even for an iri. The slow splash is a pseudo tracking add-on, as if you get the BP reward when you hit survivors, allowing you to find someone you didn't expect. Hindered is rough in the hands of a skilled Blight, and your main defence (pallets) can be chewed through very efficiently, even with just the initial rush.

I'd make: -

• Alc Ring a recharge of 2 charges on a down, still good, but more situational.
    • C33 loses the pallet break on rush.

Both add-ons will still be plenty strong, but remove the more dumb face slam Blight play style.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709
    edited October 2023

Yeah…. No. Not really what my point was at all. Casual blights can land plenty of hits and the problem is that they do get carried by addons and Blights power.

also you just told everyone who complains to play Blight to learn to counter him - though you can’t expect them to actually get better at Blight compared to your current casual Blight players, can you?

Post edited by Mooks on
  • CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,064

I'm sorry, Mister, but I find Blight difficult to learn to play. Plus, I like the SoloQ experience due to its thrill when running from the killer.

Additionally, not sure if by flick you mean hug, but Blight's hugging can be very strong especially near cars / pickups in Autohaven. A lot of us do try and fail as many Blight players are expert at using this killer (i.e. might have more hours with him than my total hours with the game due to the current MMR algorithm).

I prefer reading tips / guides from less patronising ("this will blow your mind") individuals. Also, you can try adding your suggestions without referring to streamers with 10K hours. You don't have to rely on Otz - I'm sure many of are interested in reading the list.

• buckk0097

if you read my points you will see the one to fake running one direction then doubling back.

A blight that is in middle of "hug tech" either looking at ground or onto whatever wall they are trying to hug are easy to dodge. you just have to run earlier from where you think he will be coming. you can even fake and double back if they see you while doing the tech.

Also trying holding W when blight is doing the hug. youd be suprised how many times you will leave him stuck there trying to do his trick while you gained distance to another loop or safety. i do it all time against blights and works everytime.

Dont forget spinning...many survivors do it and its effective against blight

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,219

The problem is number 7. I played Blight extensively to find a counter, (maybe even more than Ghosty, who I would consider my main) and I found NO COUNTER. What I did find was gaps in my knowledge. There was always a better play for the Blight to make, and once I learned it, the Survivors were screwed. It is so oppressive, I can make continual mistakes like butter-sliding mid-match, and still learn, resulting in a 4k (or 3k+hatch, I don't bother slugging for the 4k). I had to learn and earn my victories on Myers, Legion, Clown, Ghosty, Trapper and so on, but with Blight, they are gift-wrapped on a silver platter.

When the counter to a Killer is 'hope they are a new player to the Killer', that is bad design. That is the case with Nurse, and that is the case with Blight (and on a rainy day I might even extend that to Spirit as well).

I also find it a bit silly to consider basekit Blight alone. Every person who plays Blight in a manner that makes you want to quit playing the game (altogether, not DC on the spot) will be using add-ons, as they aren't going to pull their punches. Even then, if we were to look at the extreme of negativity, I believe the Blight winstreak included numerous matches without add-ons.

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,723

basekit blight is fine, alc ring is tolerable to some degree but there is no way any survivor thinks c33, (or vial and speed) are okay.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937
    edited October 2023

The hardest for me is the killers with "Techs" you know, those un intended gimmicks people get so attached to that the devs don't remove?

Plus I vomit from the fov, so that's a no from me dawg. Does it blow your mind (whatever that means) that some people can't play first person and throw up? That's totes fun, heheh...notrly.

Also idk what an otz is do you mean orz? I'm so confused. Maybe that's a good thing given the nature of your condescending post.

• Sava18
    Sava18 Member Posts: 2,439

Man, I hate to discourage you because that's the last thing I would want to do. But it takes a literal top .001% survivor(in terms of playing vs blight) to use movement against a good blight after the first time. It's almost impossible to explain the wiggle/spin mixes that I have seen maybe 5 survivors do ever vs blight including me watching comp games/streamers, but only something that insane would ever work against an actual good blight twice. Also the only time movement on survivors means anything vs real people on almost any killer.

Both things you mentioned do work vs the large majority of blights somehow so I guess it's good advice but I would never in good conscience be able to say so without a disclaimer myself.

The gaps in your knowledge as blight player is true to an extent but if as survivor you also know just as much about blight collision you can use it to your advantage. It just requires such an immense amount of knowledge it's dumb to expect from a survivor player.

EX: I take the blight to a long wall in which he only has one corner on the outside with collision, I play that entirely differently. If the blight forces a hug tech(if he can) in that scenario then I know I can play around it.

Just like the blight player should be, the survivor should always being looking at the outside of a tile or even depending on the tile the inside. "oh this long wall filler tile on borgo has no collision itself and none around it? Free."

I'm not saying it's easy to be in position to abuse a lack of collision vs blight but I have not seen a single other person mention it directly on these forums. Literally the only lack of collision I have seen comp players use against a good blight is shack, wow almost everyone should know that.

I've mentioned the lack of using collision against blight a lot but in this community/game I can't expect people to put the effort for a killer they likely don't play and even if they do they aren't going to go out of their way to learn all the collision regarding blight to such an extent that they can instantly recognize it as either role.

I randomly beat into the head of my survivor main friend that the coldwind T-pees(really don't know how to spell that) have no collision on some sides and directly watched him abuse a blight with it.

It's not that it's always possible to abuse collision in or a round a tile vs blight but that fact that it's pretty much ignored.

You can always catch up to someone as blight and that's strong true, but no one really knows about the killer in the first place.

NOTICE: BLIGHT HAS SEVERAL OP ADD-ONS PLEASE DO NOT DISCOUNT WHAT i SAID EVEN IF IT CAN BE TRUE REGARDING SOME OF THOSE ADD-ONS.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,268

We talk about basekit blight? Ye, love him, actually. Fun guy to verse.

How many Blights do I see that don't use the OP add-ons? Idk, 1/10 seems about right.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,912

I complain about blight and I'm not even a survivor main....

• buckk0097

clearly you dont know what the OTZ reference is but still felt the need t osay something. here is the video and it has nothing to do with comp blight ?? its for casuals and people that struggle against blight in general

i think i need to rephrase something. Good survivors will loop blight even with his strongest addons yet as i said before that doesnt change fact some of them needs to be addressed.

i just dont like people taking something that can eb tweaked and treating all of blight kit as broken. ive seen some mad lads ask for blight to be nerfed when outside of his power or take his rush out entirely.

some even ignore the fact that blight collision on half of the maps is horrible and say remove this tech, without considering how unplable he can be without it.

Also a tech blight is more fun to vers than a bump logic only goes for safe hits blight. if a blight tries to 180 flicks it give you chance to dodge compared to a blight who would rather bump behind you on that object and land a hit you cant dodge...

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,706

The vast majority of times I see people complain about Blight, its the addons.

then new players should be tested against new blight players. and casual players should be compared to casual blights.

The problem with this is that its not how it works out. People blame MMR, but at least here its not the issue.

How long does it take to pick up a killer if you are completely new? Outside Nurse, play a few games, and you should have a general idea of their powers. It will still take a long time to master, but you can go from new to okay pretty quickly.

However, survivors have to learn counterplay for every killer that is out there. Over a survivor's first hundred games they may see Blight 2 to 4 times and still be uncertain about counterplay. If a player puts a 100 game into the same killer, they've probably learned the mechanics quite well.