Coming back after 1 year +, what are the big change ?

Noisy
Noisy Member Posts: 21

Hi,

I want to play tonight after more than a year not playing the game (I believe I stopped when sadako was release). I use to be a main killer (mostly legion, Myers, clown, wraith, demo but I use to play almost all).

I want to know what major changes occurs to play not wondering "######### is this thing ?" xd

So if some kind souls can do me a recap of BIG changes (not pourcentage tweaks on some perks), I would appreciate a lot !

Is there new things on map I should know about ? did they reworked or rekited some killers ? Did they reworked some survivors perks with new effects or new op perks came out ? Anything that come of your minds that really impacted the playstyle and gameplay.

Thanks for all who will take the time to update me.

Comments

• Grigerbest
    Grigerbest Member Posts: 1,541

Dude, just check patch Notes. xD it's right there on right screen in "Quick Links".

• Noisy

Daydreamer you're a legend thanks a lot !

• JocelynAwakens
    JocelynAwakens Member, Administrator, Mod, Co-ordinator Posts: 1,613

Wow, Daydreamer! What an awesome list! <3

• Noisy

I did a fast read cause I'm at work but seems like they did some good changes balancewise on both side.

No hook grab and no lightburn catched my attention, seems a great exchange for wraith player !

A bit sad that's a injured meta cause I was a big fan of nurse calling but that will free me a slot for I'm all ears who suit my playstyle too.

Also I'm glad they finally rewarded Pop gtw user's, always has been my core perks.

I have a last question tho and I don't think I saw the answer here. Just when I started to took my break from the game, they were talking about changing the bloodweb system, making it less grindy. Did they do something about it ?

Anyways Daydreamer THANKS a lot again, I work 9hrs a day and I would never have had the time to catch up for tonight without you !

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,710

Yes, there have been changes to the bloodweb and bloodpoint economy in general. In the bloodweb itself you can now purchase a chain of nodes at once by just clicking a node further away from the center and it will automatically buy any nodes you need in order to reach that one. Once you’ve prestiged a character they gain access to an auto-purchase feature on their bloodweb that you can use if you don’t care about what you end up getting.

You can earn up to 10,000 BP per category in a match now (instead of 8,000), and the BP cap is now 2 million instead of 1 million. The cost of nodes in the bloodweb has also been reduced:

There are also now BP incentives if you play the role that needs more players, this increases your total BP gain for those matches by anywhere from 25% to 100%. BBQ and WGLF have lost their BP bonuses however.

In addition, prestige no longer resets anything and is actually now a requirement every 50 bloodweb levels, it costs 20,000 BP and resets your bloodweb back to level 1 but you don’t lose anything. You can prestige a character up to 100 times now instead of only 3, and you can earn charms with pictures of that character’s perks by reaching P7-9 (one charm per level). P1-3 unlock that character’s perks on all other characters at that tier (P1 = tier 1, P2 = tier 2, etc.), with P4-6 giving the bloody cosmetics. If you had any characters P3 prior to patch 6.1.0, they have a special background on their portrait on the character selection screen.

• Noisy
    edited October 2023

Halleuilia !!!!!!! So glad they changed this prestige system cause I never prestiged 1 killer, too afraid to lose my fav perks and lot of good add on...

Thanks sizzling !

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,284

i recommend playing both sides you learn from survs and killers when playing surv

• Noisy

Thanks for the advice, I used to play 75% killer 25% survi but tonight for Halloween night I want to play exclusively killers, I love playing for the chase outplay potential and the jumpscare so both side have a good time. And thanks to those who answered me on this thread, I will be able to share fun and reconnect with this game I used to love.

• 09SHARKBOSS
    09SHARKBOSS Member Posts: 1,284

hope you have lots of fun and please dont be toxic to others it makes the game much less fun

• Noisy

Oh you don't have to worry about that, I think I had like 2k + hours and never camped, never intentionally tunneled and never argued in a post game lobby. I was initiated to this game Hybridpanda and later on Otz (the 2 nicest and chill youtuber I know), I always saw this game as a game of tag with a scary component where winning was not the main point.

• DredgeyEdgey
    DredgeyEdgey Member Posts: 1,373

Big notes

Dh nerf limited to 2 uses per surivor

Base kit bt

Ui changes on surivors

Anti face camp mechanic

Colorblind settings

Auto buy system after prestige 1

Added bots on surivor dc ( when will nemi zombies stop staring at walls the whole game)

REWORKS

sodako map wide condemned on tp Tapes keep you safe but have risk

Legion hit 4 people in 1 frenzy the 5th hit downs +dope chase music

Dull merchant drones no longer detect still targets addon pass

Trapper adjusted trap spawn logic Placing a trap will give haste

Nurse addon pass (might of been this year can't remember)

Hillbilly reduced heat form reving increased heat from sprinting and heats cool down on release instead of when miss is done

Smaller changes call of brine nerf 120% was 200%

Pain rez limited to 4 uses a game

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,962

Naughty bear is in dbd!!!

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,768
    edited November 2023

I also agree people should play both roles in DBD. Aside from making them better at both sides, it should foster more empathy & understanding of what effects the opposite role each trial.

That was what I meant with the "this"

Post edited by JPLongstreet on
  • AddanDeith
    AddanDeith Member Posts: 54

Nah. Players should do what they want and play as whoever they like.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,938

Also, most slowdown Perks you probably used back in the day got changed.

Ruin was nerfed to 100 % regression down from 200 % and deactivates immediately when one Survivor dies.

Pop got nerfed to 20 % of current progress but recently buffed to 30 % of current progress.

Dead Hard was changed several times. DH for distance is gone.

Some basekit Killer buffs, they received a 10 % increase in successful hit recovery. 2.7 seconds down from 3 seconds.

They kick pallets, walls and generators 10 % faster.

The hit burst of Survivors got reduced to 1.8 seconds down from 2 seconds.

Gens take 90 seconds at base instead of the 80 seconds which it took back in the day.

Those I didn't see mentioned so I mentioned them.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 1,000

Really surprised to see the CoH nerf not being mentioned unless my tired eyes have missed it.