When are survivor sounds getting equalized?

Options
elderwitcher96
elderwitcher96 Member Posts: 77
edited November 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

While survivors are identical and just skins for the most part, with female characters having a slightly easier time hiding because they are shorter, there is one thing that devs seemingly mentioned would be fixed over a year ago, but hasn't been yet and that's survivor audio.

Some survivors are pretty quiet when injured even without iron will (Ada, Ace) and quite a few are just a bit too loud even if injured (Jill, we get it, you've been hit but just a bit less drama please). Some are louder than others while healthy as well (Ash for example).

When can we expect their audio to be equalized, as well how much of a pause they make between each pained sound (some do it more frequently than others)

I hope the devs can comment on this.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

Ha. So true with Jill lol. Play 4 Jill's on one match you'll have the best game ever. Group heals anyone?

• poinepp
    poinepp Member Posts: 119
    edited November 2023
    Options

i love that they didnt change this i think it adds more variety and differences between survivors

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Haha, right.

Jill and Claire :-)

They don´t need to make it equal but maybe just the loudest ones a bit quiter so that it is more fair.

• Nightmarefan
    Nightmarefan Member Posts: 62
    Options

You really are penalized playing certain characters so it would be nice to at least tone some of them down. It doesn't stop me from playing Claire though.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,147
    Options

They keep promising they're going to work on survivor audio but there's no news of it happening and no reports on how it's going.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

I honestly hope it stays the way it is. We dont need to ballance every single aspect of this anti-competetive game. Lets have some diversity instead.

• Vanishlord
    Vanishlord Member Posts: 485
    Options

This is the problem I'm a huge RE fan and want to play Jill literally alerts the whole trial where she is. Also Feng I think is quite loud. It adds variety but it stops people from playing some of their favourite characters.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,693
    Options

I don't mind the loud pain noises

What I don't understand is the people that want Rebecca's hit sound (not the injured grunts, the sound that plays when the survivor gets hit) to be changed/shortened, because I think she has the longest hit sound in the game, lasting for like 5 seconds. I found it pretty cool.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 532
    Options

the loudest ones need to be turned down and the quiet ones like ada and ace need to be boosted up. No survivor should have base kit iron will. I mained claire, but even with iron will she is loud as heck. I just can't be at a constant disadvantage playing characters I love.

Equalization shouldn't take this long.

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,461
    Options

Because you hit her once and she's still reacting to that first hit even on the third loop...

• Venusa
    Venusa Member Posts: 1,461
    Options

Maybe we need to accept her as she is...🙏 everytime she's hit I'm like "gurl calm down it ain't that serious..."😭

• AssortedSorting
    AssortedSorting Member Posts: 960
    edited November 2023
    Options

I thought people liked Survivor Powers? /s

In all seriousness... I don't think phenotypes should be standardized.

Sure, maybe some egregious cases of things like grunts of pain should be looked at (since, you know, you could cover your mouth to muffle the noise but that's not a mechanic), but not equalized across the board to a sanitary degree.

And if you start trying to make phenotypes competitive... That's a subject that's quite a minefield. Best to let the community deal with that then set a foundational precedent.

• elderwitcher96
    Options

I disagree, it's one thing that female survivor models have a minuscule advantage of hiding better due to their height, because while they are visually smaller, male and female hitboxes are identical in height and width.

Like something a bit less loud that Jill's pained sounds should be the standard for injured survivors. You have cosmetics to express survivors individuality and differences.

Ada is my highest prestige survivor and I play her often obviously, but I don't think it's fair she has in built tier 1 or 2 of iron will because someone mucked up the mastering of her audio, while Jill or Claire can be heard in a 40 meter radius whimpering non-stop. There shouldn't be a reason you're less or more likely to be heard by a killer because of your survivor choice.

Dbd is not ultra competitive, but it's not a party game either, since the pvp aspect makes the competitive mindset very natural, on a a scale from healthy to unhinged for some.

They already said they plan to do it, and I just hope they do soon, though I guess there are things in their backlog that take priority which I can understand, it's not an urgent issue, I just hope they do get to it eventually, hopefully soon.

• Caiman
    Options

People shouldn't be disadvantaged for playing their favorite survivor. I want audio more equalized.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,633
    Options

I rarely ever play Feng but I love her new Halloween cosmetic so decided to play her for the event. First game in I played without headphones and I thought I had spawned in next to a Myers because all I could hear was this heavy breathing. Took me a second to realize it was Feng 🤣 even without headphones I could hear it

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,076
    Options

I was the one who asked the question back then and it is very disappointing for it not to be fixed yet.

• drsoontm
    drsoontm Member Posts: 4,142
    Options

And skins then? Skins give way more of a disadvantage than sounds.

• elderwitcher96
    Options

You usually have a variety of skins, most survivors have skins that are less flashy, for those who want an easier time being sneaky. Those who care about being flashy will have to accept a slight disadvantage (definitely less of a disadvantage than being a loud moaner, I don't know why you think sounds are less impactful when you can't hide loud sounds behind cover)

Anyways, easier to see clothes are something that for the most part is self-imposed by you, so I don't know what exactly are you trying to achieve with your poorly thought out argument.

• Caiman
    Options
  • GroßusSchmiedus
    GroßusSchmiedus Member Posts: 456
    edited November 2023
    Options

Do you know that scene in Reservoir Dogs where Mr. Blonde cuts off a cops ear in a torture session?

I feel like that cop every time i have to play against Rebecca and i could swear Rebecca mains know that because they tend to follow me around while they are injured.