Solution for genrush

Options

-At first, all remote generators are blocked by the entity from the center of the map for 45 seconds

-With each generator repair, the generator's repair speed decreases by 25% if one survivor is working, and the cooperative's repair speed increases by 8%.

1 generator repaired = 25% slower repairing generators on your own

2 generator repaired = 50% slower repairing generators on your own

3 generator repaired = 75% slower repairing generators on your own

4 generator repaired = 100% slower repairing generators on your own

This is only if there are at least 3 survivors alive

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 7,130
    Options

currently the system you describe is opposite to what dev have. there is a big problem in your idea.

All survivors are encouraged to 99% all gens because you avoid -% repair speed by not completing generators. Assuming nobody completes any generators and your co-op action change from -15% to +8%.

you get following values for repair speed. 1 survivor = 100%, 2 survivors = 108%(216%), 3 survivors = 116%(348%) .

3 survivors co-op a 90 second generator would co-op generator in 25.86 seconds. 90/3.48 is roughly 25 seconds. you could 99 all 7 gens in like 4 minutes of gameplay.

My other comment is that these repair bonuses might as just pause entire game for killer. this idea does not work.

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006
    Options

Most solo queue teams can't manage five gens as it is now. The base values of the gens shouldn't change, as that just makes the matches worse for ALL survivors. Punishing all survivors, including the majority of survivors who are casual, solo queue players is a bad idea. The game already struggles with retaining new players, this would just make it worse.

If you want to weaken gen progression then you should target the things that are much more common in higher level SWF. That being perks like Built to Last or Scavenger combined with optimal toolboxes. That would weaken stronger survivors without kicking every survivor in the teeth.

• ProveKa
    ProveKa Member Posts: 172
    Options

These rates are very low. Should be changed like this.

-At first, all generators are blocked by the entity from the center of the map for 45 seconds

-With each generator repair, the generator's repair speed decreases by 50% if one survivor is working, and the cooperative's repair speed increases by 4%.

1 generator repaired = 50% slower repairing generators on your own

2 generator repaired = 100% slower repairing generators on your own

3 generator repaired = 150% slower repairing generators on your own

4 generator repaired = 200% slower repairing generators on your own

This is only if there are at least 2 survivors alive

It's much fairer now

• DrDucky
    DrDucky Member Posts: 675
    Options

This would be a 3 gen nightmare. Also the game naturally slows down a lot by the time there are fewer gens left. Since the natural pressure cycle of killer works out this way. If anything these speeds should be in reverse (its why so many suggest basekit corrupt as certain spawns etc can make you lose a few too many gens at the start with little most killers can do).

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 618
    Options

I think the way to solve genrushing should be focused on buffing killer's gen slowdown perks that are now useless. Like Hex: Ruin and CoB&OC.

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    edited November 2023
    Options

Well, instead of the penalty increasing the more you repair the generator, we reverse it and the penalty becomes less the more you repair the generators

-0 Generator repaired = 100% slower repairing generators on your own

-1 Generator repaired = penalty reduced to 75%

-2 Generator repaired = penalty reduced to 50%

-3 Generator repaired = penalty reduced to 25%

-4 Generator repaired = penalty reduced to 0%

We must stimulate cooperation, and this is the basic idea in the game, which is that survivors cooperate and help each other

-Cooperative generator repair increases by 8%

-If one generator is repaired, the cooperative’s repair speed will be reduced to 4%

• pigslittlepet
    pigslittlepet Member Posts: 432
    Options

I'm a killer main and I do not condone this idea. The problem with gens has nothing to do with the base game. The only problem with gen speeds is the perks on both sides that speed up or slow down gens. Gens are boring. I prefer chase on both sides. I would look for a complete gutting of both sides perks at the same time and more chase oriented perks instead.

• aerie
    aerie Member Posts: 68
    edited November 2023
    Options

how about buffing killers chase ability so they can pressure gens and down survivors better instead? making gen speeds obnoxiously slow is a band-aid fix that doesn't address the actual issue and just makes survivor gameplay even more of an m1 simulator, which is horrible for game health. the only person your suggestion benefits is a killer player who solely cares about winning. the game will not be more fun to anyone else except that kind of person if this happens (it won't, i'm pretty sure even BHVR realizes your suggestion is overkill, but we're playing devil's advocate here, I guess). making the game more stale is like, the last thing anyone wants or needs right now. we're all just clamoring for the new teaser and hope the gameplay it brings will make matches fun.

• Boons123
    Boons123 Member Posts: 695
    Options

I see that no one objects to the idea of ​​“blocking generators far from the middle of the map for 45 seconds.”

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,353
    Options

A nebulous and arbitrary distance says nothing. On, say, Midwitch this would either block nothing or everything, depending on what 'far' means.

Forcing survivors to sit afk for 45 seconds is a pretty massive crutch for killers, especially when there's no snowball prevention like is built into CI.

• camping_site
    camping_site Member Posts: 136
    Options

play at least 1k hours as a killer and then read this ridiculous post again. There is not anymore such thing as genrushing, however there are new killers who commit to 2 min chases.

• Jeoz
    Jeoz Member Posts: 24
    Options

stimulate cooperation would just increase the gap between solo q and swfs, the need less cooperation required from survivors, not more, just the healing nerf make the solo q experience so much worse, now that survivors running to heal, or be healed instead of going to a boon.

also, more genrushing games are more of consequences, of survivors spawning all around the map, rather than purposely gen runshing, standarize the spawns, would be enough, maybe make it so the exit gates always start in opposites sides of the map, with the killer spawing in one, and the survivors in another, making it that even if survivors spawn far away from the killer, the killer always know the sawn location, it would also buff lethal pursuer and corrupt intervention

• surv43
    surv43 Member Posts: 331
    Options

I don’t remember nicknames, but a couple of times a year a similar topic comes up and a ton of text starts.

This is a pure maniac player, don’t waste time on him, it’s immediately clear that he came to whine

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,202
    Options

Gens are too slow already give survivors 2nd objective which is more interactive and then gens speed can be made faster. Working together should be encouraged. Objective speed should be balanced how many survivors are still alive. Currently 4vs1 is too survivor sided but 3vs1 is too killer sided.

• surv43
    surv43 Member Posts: 331
    Options

I recommend creating your own clearly oriented conversation topic, no one will read it here, it’s a dead topic