If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

MFT change is pretty harsh

Options
2»

Comments

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options

No, it's because the game has a plethora of bad Endurance perks like DH or Buckle Up that either require perfect circumstances or other perks in order for them to be remotely viable

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 6,644
    Options

killer does not need to break chase. I am just saying that the killer conveniently detaching chases turns off your MFT then chase you shortly after. either way, it is too situational for survivors to use it. I don't think you'll see this perk very much anyway. it is different version of decisive strike. Instead of getting instant pick-up, you get 3% haste if killer tunnel you. You will see the perk as much as decisive strike.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,053
    Options

Hopefully the subsequent drop in pick rate will help mitigate the issues for Legion, Deathslinger, and Skull Merchant

• ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 523
    Options

Most of players just don't understand how free 3% speed powerful is... This type of boost needs really heavy requirement and Deep Wound is good enough. Still only Endurance Effect makes it Perk better than 70% of Killer Perks KEKW

• ays12151
    Options

Of course you just mentioned that one perk that can not be very strong from all I mentioned...

Boon Exponential I meant the most when I said about "Boons". Other perks I mentioned bad>?

It's so funny...

• ays12151
    Options

It's so funny for me when Survivors try to act like they don't want this OP perk in this game and they suggest a nerf that will not change anything... The speed is a problem... This perk literally constantly destroyes the game...

Made For This is very annoying to play against. Even I hate this perk, I think Sprint Burst is the best perk for Survivors - always was. Survivors just got used to these type of strong perks and most of Survivors don't get it how insane perks they have.

• Pulsar
    Options

I actually meant Boons as a whole. CoH might get you some niche value, but the others are still bad.

Also, DS is bad. Not to the level of throwing that perks like Exponential and Dark Theory are, but it's still not good.

• Pulsar
    Options

So then kill rates should be extremely low, if the perk is so OP that it "literally destroys the game."

Also, holy ######### I called it. Someone was trying to tell me the perk is better now because of the Endurance lol

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,222
    Options

All the Killer aura reading perks are good if you're good at chase. With the exception of Grim Embrace which has only pretty niche uses all of the blocking perks are pretty good. Pain Resonance and Floods of Rage are good (once again if you can take advantage of the situation) and Gift of Pain has some decent situational uses.

Gen regression perks overall suck (I think CoB and Overcharge should just go back to 200% and not be stackable) and Hex perks are mostly garbage (with the exception of Devour Hope and the Plaything Pentimento combo). At the very least getting a 5 stack of Pentimento is fun.

Killers do have a lot of good perks although quite a few are garbage. Do you think that the garbage perks should just remain garbage because Killers do have strong perks? If not, you can't argue the same for Survivor perks without being hypocritical.

Or are you arguing that the Endurance effect for MfT and a condition that isn't proccable by a Survivor makes it a 'good' perk? We've only seen it on paper but it sounds pretty terrible. I think you're being biased and I have a strong suspicion that if it were a Killer perk getting this treatment (like Eruption's original proposal) your reaction would be completely different.

• ays12151
    Options

It was good decision that they nerfed Eruption and I wasn't crying about it.

Grim Embrace and Hex Perks are trash if you want to play for win.

Overcharge & Call Of Brine shouldn't come back at 200% speed even without stacking.

They can buff both perks to 150% Regression Speed, but I wouldn't touch these perks. For me these perks are not very healthy, because Im not lazy Killer Main. I want to do something to get a value from my perks. That's why I use Pop & Pain Res mostly.

Don't forget - it's 16 perks vs 4 perks (I don't even count items) and single Survivor perk can be stronger than single Killer perk.

Good examples are Sprint Burst & Adrenaline. These perks are extremely strong - I don't find any Killer perk that can be compared to these perks with strenght. My honest opinion.

For me 3% speed from MFT shouldn't be a thing - never. If someone thinks 3% is "balanced" he is just Survivor Main and wants to abuse it so hard or he just don't understand the game.

• ays12151
    Options

This perk is extremely strong and very unhealthy for the game that's what I meant with "OP" & "destroying the game".

They nerfed Eruption so hard and that was good decision and now this perk is just decent - nothing special.

Now they nerfed Made For This and it is a good decision. This perk gonna be still decent, because of Endurance Status Effect and situational Haste Effect. That's very good, because only strong players will get a value from Haste Effect, because they need to use Dead Hard perfectly and take a chase.

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

they are, 200% speed heal, infinite UB (+100% recover speed), no marks/aura reading, they´re all really good

• TheSubstitute
    TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,222
    Options

My post wasn't saying 3% Haste is balanced; my post was saying the current proposal is too harsh and we need perks that are fun or effective and preferably both. If you're in disagreement with me then it should be against my points and post and not a point I didn't argue

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,080
    Options

Or equip Off the Record. Or Buckle Up. Or use a Styptic. Or just use MFT's baked-in Endurance effect. There are multiple ways to gain Endurance, but Dead Hard + Made For This will be a fun combo for many players. Made For This + For The People will also work.

• FourFingersOfFun
    Options

Always funny watching people complain about a perk being changed to promote teamwork instead of pure selfishness and claiming its now "ruined". Why are so many afraid of working as a team? hmmm

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,009
    Options

Not touching the movement speed aspect of MFT would mean that devs would have to rework old maps because they were not designed for Survivors to run around at a minimum of 103% movement speed almost all the time without any activation condition.

Obviously changing MFT is easier than reworking all of the previous maps.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,163
    edited November 2023
    Options

People keep saying this nerf kills the perk... I still don't understand how a perk that now serves as both an anti-tunnel and anti-slug perk is bad...

The fact you can add MFT to any standard build using any exhaustion perk doesn't kill ot that I can see.... it actually frees up a lot of your use of other perks.

I'm actually impressed that now the endurance effect and the haste effect actually makes sense, because they synergise with one another... you gain endurance on pick up which is not a bad effect at all! You can actually go for that clutch pick up on slugged ally now without just trading yourself... it gives you thebon hit boost AND you get MFT speed on top... that's great!

People also want tools to combat tunneling, MFT does... without also punishing killers that aren't tunneling. You can take a hit with basekit BT, and/or a skillful use of Dead Hard (or just unga bunga with OTR), and you now have the power of MFT to really punish the killer and prevent the tunnel... that's also great!

It's like people seem to think they still can't take exhaustion perks anymore, and need MFT to match Sprint Burst to have any value whatsoever...

You can even still get the Hope combo reliably if you store up a Dead Hard and use it well. It's hard not to see the backlash as "my favourite killer dabbing toy is broken".

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 364
    edited November 2023
    Options

I recommend watching this video it explains all the new uses made for this will have

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 606
    Options

how 200% healing speed is a bad effect

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,980
    edited November 2023
    Options

Eh tbh I think it'd be fine if they went with their current plans but by giving it an additional effect if getting hit within 30 seconds of being unhooked, like having the speed boost to 5 or 7% so it is a better anti tunnel

You may say that they can weaponize this but then you can just hit them and continue chasing the survivor you were trying to get