Nemesis rework when?

Options

Maybe it's time for a rework on Nemesis?

• the "best" add-ons at the moment are hiding your terror radius, and reducing supply cases to get a slight advantage
  • zombies should have a wider detection radius perhaps so they could be more useful
  • compared to Wesker add-ons, mentioning him due to being from the same franchise, Nemesis addons are weak
  • the speed boost on the first tentacle hit makes the chases last too long, why get it if they don't get hurt? (old issue)
  • due to all the points listed before, it's hard to make good builds for him

Any other ideas?

Comments

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 3,918
    Options

I don't really see how the issues you named make it hard to make a good build for him? How exactly does any of this inflict his perk choice?

• SuriKratos
    SuriKratos Member Posts: 48
    edited November 2023
    Options

A build that does not rely only on gen control to compensate for the chase time taking too long? Would you call a good build ALWAYS using Corrupt, pain ress, deadlock, and pop? Efficient? Yes, but if you want to try any other different build because you have gazillions of perks to try out you'll end up compromised somehow because you have to hit survivors 3 times if you want to use the tentacles. Ok, I could use STBFL but where's the fun if you end up only using m1? You kind of reduce the killer's identity to basic attacks just because the infection mechanic is inefficient compared to infection mechanics on Wesker, Singularity, Plague...

Compare and try all addons on every match if you want

• LapisInfernalis
    LapisInfernalis Member Posts: 4,076
    Options

Tbh his addons are meh.... But if they rework him, PLEASE fix his damn hitbox! I am sick of getting hit behind walls and rocks just because he has a lingering hitbox and it moves with him. And please improve the visual feedback with the tentacle. I love it how he can still hit you even if the blue line is blocked by something....

• Archol123
    Options

The dragging of the hitbox is basically his only skillcap, maybe besides flicking, without it he would be absolutely terrible.

• Archol123
    edited November 2023
    Options

What Otzdarva once mentioned is that you could use perks that synergize well with your zombies, since they react to loud noises they also react to for example discordance, so you could go that way. I would not go for Stbfl since you want to get the value out of the m2 because of it's shorter cooldown and minor slow when hit, but other than that, I don't really think the chase perks are worth it on him so it is basically regression and tracking, I personally don't run discordance because if the players play correctly and don't stack on gens you will never get value out of it..

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 464
    Options

I dont see a rework for Nemesis anytime soon, he is in a very decent spot. There are A LOT other killers who need reworks and reconsiderations first.

• SuriKratos
    Options

Do you main Nemesis? Otherwise, you'd know it's not in a decent spot

• Archol123
    Options

My man maining a killer says absolutely nothing, it is just a useless phrase because it says nothing about how much time you spend in the game or on the killer specific, especially given that most killers in the game are not really that complicated.

As for Nemesis, he is alright, not weak, not really strong, just around average, his zombies are mostly useless and he has no map traversal, but his whip is alright and quite fun to use. His addons however are quite useless but other than that he is alright, there are killers that are in more desperate need of attention.

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 1,085
    Options

I am fine with Nemi how he works overall.

His addons need rework for sure. Same for Pyramid Head. Their addons are just so bad.

• Callahan9116
    Callahan9116 Member Posts: 126
    Options

Nemy is ok, but he needs some love. I think it would be ducking sick if he actually transformed in mutation stages

• SuriKratos
    Options

Let the other "mains which mean nothing to you" create their feedback post then. Everybody has their voices (or keyboards for that matter) to do so.

To main a character means something, and you contradict yourself. If time spent doesn't mean experience for you, and if experience doesn't mean learning something new every day, something is wrong. Every time you play the same character over and over, you learn a new detail, a new little something when used makes the difference because it's not expected. Maybe even have new ideas besides following builds. I think that's how "hug tech/bug" for Blight was found out. I'm not so sure about survivors (besides moaning techs) which all the 30+ have the same commands and techs.

But I digress, that's not the point here.

• myersgoestochurch
    myersgoestochurch Member Posts: 169
    Options

No he's perfectly fine how he is.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,079
    Options

no rework needed. Some tweaks though.

For a while Sandra and Norman also seemed pretty smart - recently they seem to have become dumber again. When you play as Nemisis you often underestimate just how disrupting zombies can be. They should make up for his non-existent map mobility - and they absolutely can... though atm it seems to be more of a coinflip if they actually do. If the map is large enough or too difficult for zombies to traverse there goes your passive pressure.

So I'd say make then gravitate toward survivors naturally (so they don't chill in an area where no one is, was or will be) and I'd say one zombie per x square meters traversable area should spawn, the base being dead dawg spawning two.

• Archol123
    Options

Ok buddy first things first... You can main a killer and have 200 hours or you can play them all equally and have 12k hours so who do you think is more experienced on a certain killer? That is exactly what I said but somehow you still misunderstood... Just because you main something does not mean you spend an especially high number of hours playing the game in general, sure you have some players that have thousands of hours and only play one specific character they are really good at, but that is not the same for everyone who proclaims they main a killer. And people's opinions are not invalid just because they don't main a specific killer especially when they might have far more experience on the mentioned killer and having way more hours in the game in general. So how about you show insight of a topic by actually giving good arguments instead of a claim that has no weight behind it whatsoever, if the points you make are good enough then there is no reason to rely on saying "I'm an x main" (therefore I know better at that killer, despite having a fracture of the total hours all of you have and probably still less on that specific killer than half of you)

No clue how you got to hours of playtime don't mean anything from what I said before.

• SuriKratos
    Options

To say you are main x character, at least should mean you spent really good hours playing it. If other people say they main it without spending hours and hours playing with it they are not sure what's the meaning of "maining" IMHO. Of course, some people will see the term used in a context and start using it without thinking about the real meaning behind it and end up mindlessly overusing it.

To clarify my arguments without making big texts with chapters, indexes, and all of the possible stuff, I have lots of hours as Nemesis (or Memesis as I call it sometimes). I like the killer's mechanic and I also play other killers that I enjoy playing with. With that in mind, I could notice how fast a chase can end with other killers while using their M2 skill. And it's noticeable how his infection mechanic feels subpar compared to other mechanics. As I said before, it doesn't spread, it doesn't give much penalty to survivors when hit by it due to weak add-ons, as a survivor, you can use the mechanic to get even further from the killer if you are not infected, maybe even for a hit from a nearby zombie to help you.

Hopefully I have clarified my arguments now

• myersgoestochurch
    myersgoestochurch Member Posts: 169
    Options

A guy with an IQ of 50 can spend 100h or 1000h on a character, it won't change the fact that he's stupid and will get outplayed no matter what. Playing a lot with a killer doesn't mean they're gonna win 100% of the tile, unless they're playing Nurse.

Nemesis is one of the most balanced killers in the game, I have no desire to see him getting reworked.

• SuriKratos
    Options
  • Archol123
    Options

By definition a main is the character you mostly or only play, has nothing to do with hours spend or what not, that's all that is.

Yeah sure, his chase can feel unsatisfying at times, but the devs already explained why for example we can only have 2 zombies and why Nemesis needs 3 hits to down someone, so I don't think they will go back on that stuff, especially since the zombie part was apparently something that was a given by the game, if I remember correctly the game could not manage more than 2 zombies?

As for nemesis himself it might be slower, than other m2 abilites, but it is still rather fast, quicker cooldown on attack, it's range, it can break pallets, you can drag the hitbox and so on. But like I said before, it is not the best m2 ability, but not even close to the worst... Think of pigs dash, Freddys Snares and some more. His ability is rather solid, it just gets nothing from his addons, which is why I said his basekit is fine, his addons are meh though.

As for it not spreading or giving penalties, it is just not made for that, it is basically just a bit of slowdown, just think of the amount of vaccines you have compared to Wesker... His ability is thought out to be basically passive slowdown, its penalty is just so you have a reason to cleanse, whereas on Nemesis it is the other way around, it is supposed to slow Nemesis down for a bit.

Also spreading is something that basically only Plague has, right?

The Infection on Nemesis is somewhat of a ressource, since the amount of vaccines you have is very limited, so yeah sure why not doing it that way, same with a health state against a chainsaw killer, sometimes you want to the m1/infection to not get downed, I thank that kind of ressource management is alright.

• Archol123
    Options

Considering even the way you spend time on the killer matters is quite important to notice, if you think about playing pubs or scrimming and doing 1v1 the invested time is much more valuable on the one thing than the other...

• Astel
    Astel Member Posts: 618
    Options

Give him Rocket Launcher, please...

• SuriKratos
    Options

agreed, to presume anyone can be dumb no matter what is bad

• SuriKratos
    Options

Yes, I remember the engine being unable to handle more than 2 zombies, maybe I'm asking for the wrong rework, a new engine, please?

Singularity also has infection/contamination

But I don't remember why survivors need a boost without getting hurt. Does it happen with Wesker when the survivor does not hit a wall?

• Archol123
    Options

I think because thy gave survs basically a third health state to balance out his power, at least that was somewhat their answer back then, so I guess full health state basically means speed boost... I don't know man ^^

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,147
    Options

Knight's Guards, which I think use similar AI, have also been busted for a while. Don't know what happened but BHVR needs to fix it.

• not_requested49
    not_requested49 Member Posts: 1,979
    Options

Those are the best? I thought it was the mutation rates & zombie speed (just so that they can get harass survivors off gens quicker)

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 870
    Options

Nemesis definitely needs a buff. He's literally a much worse Alien.