Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Something seriously needs to be done about players giving up 1st hook

At this point, it's an epidemic. This happens far too often, and it makes solo Q unplayable, as well as ruins games for killer. Survivors not liking the way they went down the first time, survivors not liking the killer, survivors not liking the killer's build or addons.

If you queue up for a game, you should play that game through. I understand this is a "casual" game, but a loss for your teammates costs them their offerings, items, and item addons. There is an exceptional level of entitlement in someone that suicides on 1st hook, and it acts as a way to circumvent the DC penalty that's already in place. Refusing to participate in normal gameplay is already bannable, so why do the devs make a special exception for suiciding on hook?

It should be that if someone can make a report, that clearly shows the game from the start, and shows a survivor deliberately suiciding on hook instantly after going down, with no real justification, that that person can get punished for it somehow.

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

It should be something that stacks up, just like how DC stacks up. If the user does it too much give them a penalty to queue-

• adaw0ng
    adaw0ng Member Posts: 693

How do you identify that when there are perks like Slipper Meat and Luck related stuff lmao. If you're unlucky enough and you run that, you'd get penalized for not being lucky and dying trying to use your stuff. It can't be penalized, as sad as it is that it ruins the game for many people.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

It would only kick in when you die immediately after failing to unhook yourself. We are not looking at your taking chances.

We are looking at other patterns like 1 down = attempts to unhook = proceeds to self sacrifice.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 453

It is quite bizarre like i see clips of the survivors winning like 3 or 4 gens are done the killer gets their first hook an they instantly give up on 1st hook so weird

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,370

Honestly, not hitting skillchecks shouldn't result in an instant death. BHVR relented and added it when people complained they couldn't kill themselves on hook and it was a mistake to listen to the community on that.

• surv43
    surv43 Member Posts: 331

There is a moment in the game where there are players who block players with their bodies in order to then gain rescue points.

There are inactive players in the game, you run for several minutes from the maniac and then they finally caught up with you, during this time no one repaired anything and perhaps only after being hung on a hook will they begin to fix it.

There are players who deliberately release players in front of a maniac, although it is quite possible to remove them safely.

Under these conditions, the first hook at 3-5 minutes can probably cause a lack of desire to continue the match.

But in others I see such a game in the first half a minute and I don’t find an explanation for this, in half the cases they simply grab players on the run without hitting.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,207
    edited November 2023

Taking your chances to unhook is a valid mechanic, as well as having the potential to be 'abused' this way, so there's no easy fix.

Personally, I'd just like a bit of a delay on the chances you can take. If instead of being able to take all three chances at once, depleting 20s of hook time with each attempt and instantly going to stage 2, I think that every 10s you should gain the opportunity to take one chance, which depletes your hook time by 10s. Essentially meaning you will always have a minimum of 30s on the hook, giving team mates a chance to rescue you regardless. If you waited for 30 seconds before taking any chances then it wouldn't make any difference, you would have gained your 3 attempts by then and can take them all at once, but if you take each attempt at it's earliest opportunity, you have a 10s wait between each one.

30 seconds plus the 2nd stage timer would still be the quickest way out of the game without DCing, but it would effectively give the survivor a 'cooling off' period, in which they can see their team mates didn't leave them for dead and that the game isn't already a lost cause.

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Counterargument: Skullmerchant

• brewingtea
    brewingtea Member Posts: 240

If no one is dead yet, you can't attempt to 4% (although, if the killer camps, you can still unhook yourself using the new mechanic) and there are no skill checks in the second phase.

Problem solved

• VomitMommy
    VomitMommy Member Posts: 2,257

What about her? She is way more manageable after her rework. Games are definetly faster, so why give up?

I could understand with Chess merchant, but not really now.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,494

I would reduce the kobe try to just one and it can be then 8%. They they have to wait at least 40s before missing those skill checks. Maybe they could change it that you have to miss 3 to die.

• Bran
    Bran Member Posts: 2,096

Could just take away the attempt to escape and struggle mechanic. They could unlock the interaction with Deliverance or slipper meat.

• EffenBlue
    EffenBlue Member Posts: 85

I love how people are "how dare you ######### on first hook" yet I've been left to die on 1st hook by my teammates so many times.

• surv43
    surv43 Member Posts: 331

this is a bad idea, now there is no other option to help the allies other than draining from the hook to ensure that the last player has a chance to see the hatch. If you change something, then the mechanics of a maniac, you are thinking about the wrong thing.

Likewise, I would change the maniac’s ability to hang survivors on a hook, assigning a 2-minute break for this action. This looks the same as what you are suggesting.

Reducing the percentage of hooks on the map by 2 times is also an option

It is absolutely normal that if you do not take the distortion skill, you will be the first to run. The problem is that while you are running for several minutes, no one does anything, they can block you with their body, search the chests, and at the end of the chase, when you are hanged, they begin to repair the generators and usually, if they save you, it will be in the moment before death and in full view of the maniac.

It's the same as dying quickly on the first hook