Onryo

Options
NovaKane
NovaKane Member Posts: 93
edited November 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

Can we switch it so that we can carry a tape and still be able to use our item? Kinda dumb that I m forced to play the whole match without being able to use it cuz let's be real, has anybody ever played vs an Onryo that doesn't spam teleport the entire match?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• mikewelk
    mikewelk Member Posts: 1,669
    Options

The only way to distinguish between a good Onryo and a bad one is if they can strategically teleport effectively these days. Free mori not even a hook in. Should never be like that.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,772
    Options

Yeah this frustrates me too. I want to use a medkit on a team mate and can't.

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    Options

I agree, and not just for tapes, you should be able to switch between a normal item and any killer-specific item. For some killers it’s not a big deal since you can just put down the killer-specific item, but for Onryo and Singularity it’s very annoying.

Her iridescent addon blocks all of the TV auras except for 1 of them and you have to use that one. Are you sure she wasn’t using that?

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,917
    edited November 2023
    Options

You can put the tape down like any item. It will despawn, but that's the trade-off you make. Just like EMPs.

This is a part of their power balance. You're not asking for a simple QoL upgrade, you're asking for a power nerf. That would be fine if there was a simple way to account for that nerf by changing something else about the power to account for it, but this is a universal mechanic and would require remapping action buttons completely.

• Chomperka
    Chomperka Member Posts: 188
    Options
  • Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 4,936
    Options

I honestly think that this change to how killer items are handled was one of the WORST general changes BHVR ever did. In the past you had to be strategic about dealing with killer items, maybe put down your flashlight or medkit in a safe/accessable place, before picking up Pinheads cube, Weskers spray or Nemesis vaccine, but after this change you could just pick them up on the fly and not worry about anything else, no need to come back for your item later or exhibit any managing skills.

The ONLY tradeoff was, that you can't access your items without using the killers item first. What a bummer, compared to before, when you had to manually retrieve your items from wherever you put them down.

• Halloulle
    Halloulle Member Posts: 1,097
    Options

There is definitely some bug with the TVs; friend of mine had it a couple days back too. I could see auras of TVs just fine and they got - understandably - frustrated that they couldn't see a single aura of TVs. First I thought Onryo maybe had a perk/add-on that blocks survs from seeing auras temporarily but in match result screen no such thing was equipped; just the add-ons to reduce teleport cooldown after projection, Deadlock, Jolt/Surge, Eruption and NTH.

On topic; I can see how it makes sense that a survivor can only use one item at a time and that switching items should not really be possible in the middle of chase. - For Wesker and Nemo for example putting down the item has an animation time so that works just fine. For Singu and Onryo where you can't put down the items it isn't. I suggest to make a "switch item" action (idk, while standing still press and hold the secondary action button or sth like that); you press it and upon the bar having filled the items are switched and you can move again. For all I care it can have a cooldown of 15 seconds or so, so people are discouraged from going back and forth all the time; it's more of a "if all else fails" kinda thing, or, in the case of Onryo, more of a permanent trade-off; you don't get stacks from teleport but you get several stacks at once if you do get hit. - Putting a "you semi-permanently can't use an item" debuff on top of it does seem kinda overtuned.

• Nazzzak
    Options

I've never seen an option to drop a tape... it has to go in a TV

• EffenBlue
    EffenBlue Member Posts: 70
    edited November 2023
    Options

"i dont spam teleport entire match!"

Then you're one of the few Onryo that doesn't. 😄

Post edited by EffenBlue on
  • appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,051
    Options

I’m up for making tapes droppable if Franklins causes Killer items to drop again

• squbax
    squbax Member Posts: 1,329
    Options

This will take away the only minor drawback EMPs have, making singularity more of a joke than he already is.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,491
    Options

A lot of players told them in the Ptb feedback back then.

Got ignored.

Now we have to deal with it.

#bringbackSadako

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,491
    Options

Strategic spamming is sadly the most effective playstyle right now. I would love to see it any other way.

Believe me, I mained her since release and until the rework. Very rarely play her since that dreadful day.

I really cherished this killer for what she was. Sadly most of that is gone at this point.

#bringbackSadako

• Nazzzak
    Options

I've never had that option... wouldn't that make the recent tape changes kind of redundant? You see her coming and just drop the tape before she hits you and avoid Condemned?

• sizzlingmario4
    sizzlingmario4 Member Posts: 6,548
    Options

I think EMPs need some kind of adjustment anyways. Singularity/EMPs shouldn’t be balanced around countering regular items, even if that means buffing him elsewhere. He’s a fun killer and very strong in his best case scenarios but having an item undo your power in 2 seconds is frustrating.

Yeah, I think a "switch item" action would be best to address this. I don't think it even needs a cooldown or other downside either tbh, it'd make very little difference for Nemesis/Wesker and I'd consider it more of a survivor-quality of life feature for Onryo/Singularity than an outright buff.

Regarding TV auras: I haven't been matched against an Onryo for a bit so maybe it's some new bug I haven't encountered yet. But you (normally) can only see the auras of TVs close to you while holding a tape though, they're not shown from far away (unless she has the iridescent addon) and they're not shown at all if you're not holding a tape (the only exception being if you're fully condemned and not holding a tape - in that case you can see the auras of all TVs that are powered on/available to take a tape from). If they still weren't visible within close range (I think it's around 16 meters) while holding a tape then that sounds like a bug.