Reworking Underused/Problematic Survivor Perks

ghouliese
ghouliese Member Posts: 5
edited November 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

The biggest draw about DBD for me, outside of the characters, are the perks. I change my build up for every match, and never stick to just one build. However, there are far too many perks that are either completely useless or might have interesting effects, but are too weak to consider using. I took a few perks that have weak effects or are highly situational, and either added new effects or reworked them entirely. I'd love to hear what the community thinks about these possible reworks, if they're too weak, or too strong, etc. etc. I also hope that some of these effects might be taken into consideration by the dev team for any possible reworks or new perks.

Blood Pact: When a survivor becomes injured, Blood Pact activates. Auras of injured survivors are revealed to you within a 24 meter radius.

If you are within protection hit range when an injured survivor is hit by an attack that would put them into the dying state, you are injured instead and they receive 5 percent haste for 5 seconds. Upon taking the hit, you become broken for 60 seconds.

This perk only activates if you are the obsession. Increases your odds of becoming the initial obsession by 100 percent.

Dance With Me: Dodging a basic or special attack gives you 5 percent haste for 5 seconds. Dance With Me then goes on cooldown for 30 seconds. Does not work if you are exhausted. Does not cause exhaustion.

Quick Gambit: When you are being chased by the killer, Quick Gambit activates. While in chase, your aura is revealed to all survivors. While healthy, your vault speed is increased by 3 percent.

Rookie Spirit: After hitting 5 successful skillchecks, Rookie Spirit activates for the remainder of the trial. Repairing a damaged generator within 30 seconds of it being damaged will refund 10 percent of the lost progress. Rookie Spirit applies to damage caused by the killer and survivors. After usage, Rookie Spirit goes on cooldown for 30 seconds.

Teamwork: Power of Two: Upon healing an injured survivor, Teamwork: Power of Two activates. Any buffs to your repair, healing, cleansing, booning, recovery, and exit gate opening speeds are shared with the survivor that you healed, at a reduce effectiveness of 50 percent. This perk expires after 60 seconds or if you or the other survivor are injured. Perks that project buffs to other survivors do not stack with Teamwork: Power of Two. Teamwork: Power of Two can only be applied to one survivor at a time.

Red Herring: Repairing 10% of a generator activates Red Herring, alongside revealing that generator's aura to you for the remainder of the trial. Upon looking in the direction of a revealed generator, use the activate ability button to trigger Red Herring on said generator, causing a loud noise notification to play from that generator. If the killer comes within 8 meters of the generator you used Red Herring on, their aura is revealed to you for 5 seconds.

Boon: Circle of Healing: While within the boon's radius, you are able to heal yourself at 75 percent of normal healing speed. Being healed or healing another survivor is increased by 100 percent. Once placed, Boon: Circle of Healing cannot be relocated to another totem. If snuffed, Boon: Circle of Healing goes on cooldown for 150 seconds.

Calm Spirit: Prevents crows from being alerted by your proximity, unless they are being stepped on. Suppresses the urge to scream from any cause at all times. Suppresses all noises related to unlocking chests, and cleansing or blessing totems. If you are within 8 meters of a crow when your aura is revealed by any means, your aura is hidden for 5 seconds.

Corrective Action: Begin the trial with 3 tokens and gain a token each time you succeed a Great Skill Check, up to a maximum of 8 tokens. Each time a survivor anywhere within the map fails a skill check, a token is consumed and their missed skill check is converted into a good skill check.

Inner Focus: You can see scratch-marks of other survivors. Whenever another survivor loses a health state within 24 meters of you, the killer's aura is revealed to you for 3 seconds. Each activation of this perk adds .3 seconds to any aura reading abilities you possess.

Low Profile: When a survivor within 24 meters of you is downed, Low Profile activates, hiding your pools of blood, scratch marks, and grunts of pain for the next 30 seconds. When you are the only survivor that isn't hooked, dead, or dying, the same effect is applied for 120 seconds.

Poised: Running within 16 meters of a completed generator hides your scratch-marks for 10 seconds. Whenever a generator is completed, you gain a token. Entering chase consumes a token, and your scratch-marks are hidden for 10 seconds.

Premonition: At the beginning of the trial, the auras of the killer and all survivors are revealed to you. Receive an auditory warning upon looking in the direction of the killer. This perk has a cooldown of 15 seconds.

Repressed Alliance: Repressed Alliance now only blocks the generator for killers, while allowing survivors to continue repairs.

Self-Care: Fully healing one health state of another survivor allows Self-Care to activate. You gain the ability to heal yourself at 90 percent of the regular healing speed. This perk deactivates once you are fully healed by any means.

Better Together: While repairing a generator, the aura of all survivors are revealed to you, and your aura is revealed to all survivors.

Visionary: The auras of all generators are revealed to you for the entire trial. If the killer or survivors come within 16 meters of a repaired generator or a generator with at least 50 percent progress, their aura is revealed to you.

Comments

• CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

I'm still in favour of the nuclear option. Turbo buff all the unpopular perks and nerf any busted stuff that springs up. Killers and survivors can spend weeks building nuts builds before some things get tweaked. It would be a great few weeks, hopefully followed by more options for both sides.

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,964
    edited November 2023

Uhm... would you like to justify any of the changes to the perks on this List?

• ghouliese
    ghouliese Member Posts: 5

I picked perks that are either too weak or have little impact on gameplay, or are controversial and need tweaking to reach what would be more healthy state for the game. They're just random perks that I haven't seen in months, if years, of playing the game. Or, in the case of Self-Care and COH, perks that were heavily nerfed, but could've been changed in other ways to keep them viable, but not as strong. In Self-Care's case, it's to discourage people self-caring for ridiculous amounts of time, but keeping it so you can heal yourself, albeit with a condition. I wanted to address the idea of boons being unable to be relocated until snuffed in general but this is not what the thread is about. At the end of the day, they're just interesting (to me) changes to perks that aren't used regularly but could be changed to make them more interesting and viable in general or for certain builds.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

I think Dance with me is alright as it is.

As for circle of healing, this is kind of a huge buff and gives you and incentive to put the totem to a well hidden spot, I guess it also gets countered by the huge cooldown, but then again you could just bring it more than once and there keep the effect and waste much of the killers time if he has to go back to some god forsaken corner... But at least it isnt't the worst idea I have heard yet...