The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Killer: The Spirit

Guys I have a real quick question. Do you think with the new idea of Chucky and seeing his footprints should be an almost similar idea the Dbd devs should have for The Spirit? If so, why? And if not, why, and would you change anything about her if the footprint idea doesn’t need to be implemented for her, or would you keep her as she is?

Comments

• RFSa09
    RFSa09 Member Posts: 669

that´s a really good idea

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889
    edited November 2023

... Actually this sounds really cool...

Just being able to see her footprints, not through walls like Chucky, but whenever you have line of sight them would make Spirit more engaging to face instead of purely guessing on 50/50s.

That's the kind of change you could look at giving her better buffs elsewhere to compensate with a longer duration or whatever, and have her be a more fun killer to face/play in general.

Spirit is really cool, but can feel a little dirty to play sometimes, and this would help remove that feeling... I know some people will refuse this outright, but there is potential for this to be a fun change that would remove some of the ire that comes vs. Spirit, especially if smart Spirit's start walking back over their footprints to bamboozle survivors.

Post edited by UndeddJester on
  • CatnipLove
    CatnipLove Member Posts: 1,006

It is somewhat annoying that you need headphones to enact any counterplay to her power. But I don't want footsteps, as that makes it a bit too easy. I'd be down for something more subtle though. Like environmental disturbances.

• Archol123
    Archol123 Member Posts: 4,634

To make it simple, they thought of it when they introduced the directional phasing sound, it would not have been footprints but basically small clouds of dust or something like that? So the idea was already there, but basically they decided against it because the directional sound seemed to be good enough.

Kind of interesting that this has not been too long ago but apparently nobody remembers that this was actually an idea they had.