Nostromo wreckage needs completely rebalanced.

Options
JudithMorel
JudithMorel Member Posts: 562

Almost if not all loops are absolute garbage tier and unorthodox its insane. Playing against Chucky specifically on this map is a complete mess. Am i the only person who hates playing on this map as survivor?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• ElodieSimp
    ElodieSimp Member Posts: 354
    Options

Maps have, and will always be, the main reason why most people complain in this game. If the maps were way more balanced we'd have better games (survivor and killer).

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

I think the map is overall good balanced, but yes there are many unsave loops. I find some coldwind and the knight map far worse for survivors.

• Rogue11
    Rogue11 Member Posts: 1,312
    Options

The main building is also terrible. 2 awful pallets in the entire structure and a couple of windows that are death traps. It's also hard to tell which exits have ramps and which are drops until it's too late so you just get hit unless you have Balanced.

• Evan_
    Evan_ Member Posts: 529
    Options

It's pretty terrible for playing nice.

On the other hand, the shack-area has maybe the best tunnel-hooks of the entire game. 🤡

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,104
    Options

A large part of the map, the small ship wreck corner is not being played, there is nothing there, especially Gen. A title that can be used for gameplay have to contain a Gen, where survivors are and where killers patrol for chase.

I wonder if anyone ever hook/get hooked in the small ship wreck basement?

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,337
    Options

The maze tiles are always strong and you still have a bunch of somewhat decent filler pallets, that needlessly connect into each other. So I wouldn't say it's that terrible. Nostromo is however very prone to have dead zones, once certain pallets are gone. This makes it more killer sided. But with the amount of survivor sided maps in this game, I don't see this as such a big deal.

What game have you been playing? This has little to do with hide and seek. Hide and seek is probably the most boring thing for both sides because it takes away the interaction between survivor and killer and forces both into a position where they do pretty much nothing for the majority of the game.

• Steakdabait
    Steakdabait Member Posts: 1,255
    Options

that's basically the only reason i personally haven't whined more about this map lol. Killers can get a W once in awhile

• BlueHorkew
    BlueHorkew Member Posts: 1,080
    Options

Yeah, this map is awfull for survivor.

Unsafe loops and full of dead zones. Not even the typical strong structures like shacks or main buildings. This map is rough

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

That's not true at all.

But the more important question is do we asking for balanced maps for both sides or do we asking maps to be favour one side? Maps should not favour any side.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,764
    Options

Honestly I just find it boring

it’s just toba landing without colour and some alien references lol

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

I agree, nostromo is the open field version of Hawkins. It really needs a rebalancing

• blackfox0408_fr_
    blackfox0408_fr_ Member Posts: 79
    Options

Personally i hate this map for 4 reasons :

Hitboxes are thrash as surv or as killer(play billy/huntress to see it clearly, and as survivor i always get stuck on something that doesn't exist, that may just be me).

The map is extremely wide, #holdW.

The map is neither indoors nor open, it's bad for all killers and surv get "advantaged" by seeing the killer easily, but loops are bad for both sides. And there are random things all over the place.

The layouts of loops are just confusing, the gen spawn is horrible and the color is uncontrasted.

On the flip side (what's good):

Hooks spawns are not that bad, for both sides.

The Bmain has some interesting features, which could be used well.

The basements are not easy to camp, since gens generaly spawn far, which is good for both sides.(camping hooks is bad for you killers, i know i am a likker main).

lockers placements are OK if you don't take in account the back of the Bmain.

• egg_
    edited December 2023
    Options

Balance = empty areas and loops so short and unsafe a killer can m1 from either side of the corner and reach the survivor. There's like 2 safe tiles in that map, the rest isn't even mindgameable, it's just unsafe

It's easy to call balance when every loop is this calibre:

ike ######### are these

• egg_
    edited December 2023
    Options

Yeah right because I wasn't the first one to complain about the "reworked" GoJ in ptb feedback. There's a sweet spot between GoJ and a map clutterd with unsafe useless tiles. Nostromo leans on the other side, and just cuz there's "more survivor sided maps" in the game than "killer sided" doesn't excuse this joke of unplayable map

But I guess balanced = I get my free hit regardless of how I play just cuz theres almost no mindgameable tile here. Reminds me of that content creator that was saying the new tile in azarov that luckily got now reowkred was actually balanced

• FriendlyKiller
    FriendlyKiller Member Posts: 337
    Options

Once in awhile🙄 That sums up the mentality of this games playerbase perfectly.

• JudithMorel
    Options

you must not play the game, or live under a rock. read about 90% of the comments on this thread and think about what you said LOL

• JudithMorel
    edited December 2023
    Options

they are not, even M1 killers are promised a hit at every single one of those loops from either side.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

The majority of maps come with 9-15 pallets, 30-50% beeing unsafe. 20 pallets with lots of god pallets is not common at all. The only map that comes to mind is The Game, and there the killer gets other advatages with super close gen spawns and indoor in general favours killer.

Topic: The map is overall garbage and the loops are indeed very weak. On top of that, main is overall also not that strong besided the entrence loop and there is no shack at all.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 646
    Options

I have been playing DbD, since 2018, when it was fun, had almost no aura perks and killers had to rely on actual skill. This game was "hide and seek", now it is something more like killers 4k every time no matter what. They even brought in bots so if survivors want to leave the match killers still get to 4k. It does not get more killer-sided than that. Because I don't see any bot killers running around when a killer dips.

• AGM
    AGM Member Posts: 806
    Options

Yea because they actually do gens.

This game may have originally been envisioned as "hide and seek" style but they then realized it works far better as a tag/freeze tag game. If you want a hide and seek game then what would the point of generators and chases and killer powers even be? In hide and seek the game would be over when the killer sees the survivors. May as well just go play prop hunt on GMod if that's what you're looking for.

Topic: Nostromo needs more LOS blockers and few more (and slightly stronger) filler pallets. Just my 2 cents.

• alaenyia
    alaenyia Member Posts: 646
    Options

I am starting to think you have never played hide and seek. The seeker doesn't win when they "see" their opponent, they have to chase them down, just like in this game. Also, freeze tag has no other objectives besides chase so not a very good example. And there is clearly a hide component to this game, even if the devs have dumbed it down for killers so hard it is almost irrelevant. There are literally survivor challenges for "HIDE in the killers terror radius for x amount of seconds".

• Orochi
    Orochi Member Posts: 183
    Options

There is one decent corner of pallets, but the whole area is also low walls or weird rocks with gaps that you can look through. So not the greatest. Spaceship shack is ass, loops on the sides of the ship are easily used up and create horrible deadzones, spaceship has a couple good windows but dead end loops inside. It definitely needs a looking at.

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,337
    Options

Back in 2018 survivors somehow managed to die even with actual infinites.

Today, a killer barely has time to end their chases fast enough, let alone traverse the map and play hide and seek. Because the survivors will sit on gens every second they got. Compare that to 2018 where survivors were so affraid of the killer, they barely touched a gen even when the killer wasn't around. This game hasn't been a hide and seek for a long time. Neither side has any time to waste, so calling this game hide and seek only shows you have little understanding of how it works.

Bots were not introduced for the killer. If someone dced in the past, that would almost automatically result in a 4k anyway. That dc is a kill in any metric other than the Entity (and let's be honest, the Entity isn't the best to rate these things). Now even when a survivor disconnects, there is a bot, so that the solo queue team mates of that jerk aren't quite as screwed. There is still one more survivor running around the map, taking chase and repairing gens. This is significantly better than it was before. Let's not fool ourselves here, this wasn't introduced so killers could 4k still.

The reason you don't see any killer bots yet is the same reason it took them 7 years to introduce survivor bots. It wasn't a priority for the longest time and now that there actually is a demand / reason to introduce them, it takes time. A lot of time presumably because they need to program 34 different bots. That is a lot harder than programming 1 survivor bot that reacts to attacks and has set priorities when it comes to objectives. The killer role is not quite that straight forward for the most part.

I keep thinking this must be bait, because there cannot be anyone so incredibly biased that they completely misinterprete something that was introduced to help out solo queue as "[...] It does not get more killer-sided than that. [...]" Maybe it would do you some good to play both sides and reflect a little.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,328
    Options

I wanted it to be completely indoors.

But the map is fine.

Got killed there and escaped there.

This discussion has been closed.