What changes you want to see for Freddy & Myers?

Options
MikaelaWantsYourBoon
MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
edited December 2023 in Feedback and Suggestions

2 iconic horror icons here but sadly both of them are weak and sad. Thankfully we know devs are planning to change them. So what you are hoping to see?

Me;

Freddy - Full Rework

Void event actually gave me good idea. What if they make Freddy's dream world similar to void? I am hoping they bring his old power back with void style Dream World and keeping teleport as his kit as well.

Robert Englund's voice lines if it is possible.

Myers - Add-on changes and base-kit buffs.

Myers's biggest problem is that he is losing his power, each survivor has limited stalk. Survivors should be always stalkable but maybe add cooldown instead of this. Let's say if you stalked survivor for 50% progress, you can't stalk this survivor for 90 seconds ( numbers can be changed for balance ).

Mini Brutal added to his tier 3.

Mori add-ons should be reworked, they are cool but i don't think they are balanced at all.

Maybe he should be a bit faster at tier 1.

Comments

• Wexton
    Wexton Member Posts: 496
    Options

A full rework for Freddy would be good, his power as of now is boring, weak, and very very bland. This isn't Freddy, it's sharp hand Joe. I would also like a full rework for Myers as well, while I think his power is accurate to the character, he's really outdated and was made for a much different game. Beyond his mori add-ons, Myers basically has nothing to show.

• Wibwob
    Wibwob Member Posts: 48
    Options

If Freddy was replaced with OG Freddy plus voice lines, I'd main him regardless of strength or playstyle lol

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,540
    edited December 2023
    Options

Myers

• Boyfriend's Memo added to basekit
    • Rework half of the addons to actually be worth taking.
    • Change the requirement of Tombstone Piece & Judith's Tombstone, but keep their function the same.
    • Visual overhaul Myers' model.
    • Decrease Myer's height to be accurate to how tall he is in the movie.
    • Remove the stalk limit from Survivors.
    • Bring back the removed stalk stinger when stalking a Survivor, but keep it audible for Myers only.
    • Make Myers able to go back into Tier 1 for a limited to before reverting back into Tier 2.
    • Make Myers stalk Survivors at the same regardless of how far away they are from him.
    • Make J. Myers Memorial added to basekit.

I would also say remove the menu jingle and add some actual custom menu music, but that's probably not gonna happen.

-

Freddy

• QOL number adjustment for both the power and addons, reworking some of them too.
    • Patrial power rework that is closer to his power in the movie without going back to old freddy's kit.
    • Visual overhaul Freddy's model.

I would also say add custom menu and chase music along with Robert Englund Freddy skin with lines, but that's obviously never gonna happen.

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437
    Options

Myers should be like a killer that gets stronger with the round through stalking. A new tier 3 would give him 120% movement speed and some other things, his current tier 3 would be his tier 4.

• Zaken
    Zaken Member Posts: 25
    Options

if they do that for freddy! Dream attack would be sick :)

• Zaken
    Options

I do like these ideas. I think myers also needs some kind of map pressure too. I thought maybe when he is undectable or not being looked at his movement will increase. Like how he can pop up right behind you after you look away. Maybe for the stalk limit it should go away but if you fully stalk them getting some kind of aura reading would be good too! There's many things they can do to help myers and freddy while keeping true to the character. I like what you said about having a mix of old and new freddy! Maybe bring back his old power and buffing it would be great. Having fake things would be fun or have something to where he can play tricks when you are in the dream world! Love ur ideas tho <3

• Zaken
    Options

Forgot to say, They could add a basekit mori to myers if they are also fully stalked. Only if they have been hooked twice tho! I don't know if that would be unfair or not though

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 480
    edited December 2023
    Options

As Freddy-Main, he is pretty simple to make fun and unique again:

1.) OG-Freddy returns in his 1.8.1-Version (Pull survivors asleep by pressing the power-button, 50% Action-Speed Penalty in the Dreamworld like before, Aurareading like before, Terror-Radius in the Dreamworld, Lullaby while awake)

2.) While survivors are in the Dream Transition, they suffer from the Incapacitated-Status-Effect (no repairing gens or healing others in your face etc. - remember old Eruption)

3.) Failing a skillcheck do NOT wake you up anymore. In exchange, the Alarm-Clocks stay, but the 30sec Immunity has to go, because that would be "God-Mode" for survivors. Microsleep has to go.

3.) Dream Projection will stay, but the cooldown gets buffed

4.) Almost every single Addon gets adjusted. Old Nancys Masterpiece/Sketch for Distance returns, Black Box stays the same for Blood-Warden-Combo, old Z- and Unicorn-Block returns (Decreasing Dream-Transition), Old Pillbottle returns (no glimpses in Dream Transition).

5.) Unique Chase- and Menumusic

BOOM, done.

• Smoe
    Smoe Member Posts: 2,540
    Options
  • Everllark
    Everllark Member Posts: 12
    Options

I don't fully hate the current Freddy he's just so boring and underwhelming. A good place to start would be to give him 10 tokens again and let hims choose between dropping a fake pallet or a snare.

M2>M1 spawns dream snares

M2>E/ctrl spawns Dream pallets.

His addons are also in an awful state.

• Haddix
    Haddix Member Posts: 1,023
    edited December 2023
    Options

Freddy, full on rework. A very modern version of his original power with some thought and care put into it would be really awesome. I think some of the coolest killers in this game are the ones with interesting conditions/downsides to them or their power, and being invisible and intangible was a perfect example of that and it's a shame they dropped it man.

Myers definitely needs to lean into flexibility as an identity, as of now he's extremely outdated and I think he needs more complexity to his power than just hold M2 to become scarier M1 man. It's sad that his whole power can be made up of perk effects. I think it'd be cool to have the ability to use Tier 1, 2, and 3 all throughout a match for different purposes. And if you tie a new ability to CTRL, it could morph between being stealth-oriented in T1, strength oriented in T3, and a mix of both in T2, maybe some mobility in each.