The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Upcoming Live Updates Roadmap

Comments

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578

Hmm what is going to happen with killers who rely on a three gen to even be viable?

What is going to happen to trapper? The whole point of trapper is to place a web of traps in the area of a few gens and then don't leave that area. If you leave the area you wont be able to punish anyone who walked into your trap. I'm confused. How is there a solution for this that doesn't completely invalidate certain killers?

Is this update coming with reworks for any effected killers?

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 560

The problem with protection hits is that it can be triggered by hitting a survivor next to someone injured, not necessary when someone is bodyblock.

But yeah, they need to create ways against the weaponization of anti-tunnel perks against non-tunneling killers.

• LordHeXaGoN
    LordHeXaGoN Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2023

Killers like huntress demo, clown and doctor mb dosent need any Necessary Tweaks.

If its will be a nerf to their kit, when its scaring me.

U have more killers and perks that NEEEDED to change.

Freddy(Nightmare) like example of killers.

(Give all weakest killers a litlle QofLife buffs, before changing them into something u did with trickster on ptb)

Just after trickster rework release, this information, without any specifications, scared me more and more.

Half of the killer list will be changed and there's no info about it!

• LordHeXaGoN
    LordHeXaGoN Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2023

#nerfpig is still avaliable to this day?

Just amanda surely need some buffs into basekit.

In any worst case that joke will hit even further.

I forgot about DC. Its need one specific change. Give it 4 sec stun duration, but u need to save someone from the 2nd hookstage?

• roundpitt
    roundpitt Member Posts: 578

I've gotten into the habit of hitting people as soon as they come off hook so they can't use things like OTR or DS to deny downs against other survivors. It's silly that perks that were meant to stop tunneling, force me to prioritize tunneling so I don't get bullied.

• Masterninja
    Masterninja Member Posts: 411

3 Gen: make it so gens can't spawn within 30m of each other.

Sadako: "Old newspaper" and "Reiko watch" are now basekit. Reduce global condemn, but now survivors get extraĀ condemnĀ if Sadako teleports near them (with or without videotapes). Now survivors have to go to the furthest TV to get rid off videotapes. Holding one makes survivors every 35s outside chase get 1Ā condemnĀ stack.

Hillbilly: "LoPro chains" is now basekit. Reduce cooldown of missed chainsaw hits from 3s to 2s and bumping into objects from 3s to 2,5s.

Blight addon pass: is very posible you are not going to do it right.

Save the best for last: reduce stacks from 8 to 6.

Grim embrace: you better not make it OP.

Quick gambit: increase range from 24m to 128m, but reduce bonus from 8% to 6%.

Shadowborn and Monitor & abuse: why? they are fine.

There's need to be like 10 more killer perks and 15 survivor ones in that balance update.

Mangled and sloppy butcher: why? they are fine.

Pig (she needs more than a few tweaks): "Rules set No.2" is now base kit. Reduce the terror radius from 32m to 24m and increase ambush dash speed from 6,9m/s to 7,1m/s. Now the Pig only roars when the ambush dash charging meter is at 50%.

Ultimate weapon: don't nerf it to the ground.

DS: increase stun from 3s to 5s.

Twins (you better do it right)

Things that should be in your roadmap...

-50 survivor and killer perks updated, even more (like a lot more because there is so much you haven't done earlier)

-Refined serums and firecrackers as normal items (not event ones), remove broken key, dull key and green map.

-Terror radius a sphere not a cylinder.

-Trapper, Myers, Dredge, Clown, Freddy buffs and another Trickster rework.

-A lot of map changes.

• Toaster427
    Toaster427 Member Posts: 120
    edited December 2023

McLean once mentioned the reason why a FOV slider would not be fair in this game because the entire game was built on a limited visible line of sight for the killer, hiding and barely slipping by a killers view is exciting and provides a survivor an opportunity to get away. that's why that shadowborn was a perk, it gave you an advantage that the game was balanced on.

it's sad to see BHVR just completely giving up on the foundations this game was balanced on and giving killers whatever they ask for just because you can't handle them complaining about your game anymore.

how many basekit buffs do killers need? how high does the kill rate need to go before you stop?

Post edited by EQWashu on
  • GloomySpooks
    GloomySpooks Member Posts: 39
    edited December 2023

Yeah I think all the killer mains need to calm down a bit here and think about that. The FOV slider is probably going to make gameplay a lot different for killers, so even if these "tweaks and updates" are mostly nerfs, it will likely be necessary if being sneaky becomes much harder for the survivors because the killer can see better. Spinning a killer is already a 50/50 last ditch effort in chase, that is almost useless with a patient killer, if FOV tech dies, kill rates are gonna skyrocket, so I would expect there will need to be adjustments to fix the gap it creates.

Only saying this because I've noticed how difficult it is to spin a hit from Chucky. Imagine a 7 ft Chucky. All that the light touches will be their kingdom.

• Batusalen
    Batusalen Member Posts: 1,323
    edited December 2023

That's cute, taking in count they are going to implement a "3 genning solution" along with the FOV slider months after they added an "Anti-Facecamping System" just because survivor don't want to have to put some thought in what generators they do to not let the killer have 3 close up final gens. More so if we also take in count that most than probably 95% of killer related things in that list is going to be nerfs just for the sake of survivors crying about it.

The FOV slider should have being in the game since Day 1, and having perks that changed your FOV was only proof that it could be higher without disrupting that much the normal gameplay or being "completely unbalanced". In fact, AFAIK the FOV slider is going to be set only as high as Shadowborn allows now, so the only "balance" change here is that the ones that were forced to use it to not suffer motion sickness at last can use another perk after years of having to use a perk slot to get what should have being basic functionality.

Post edited by Batusalen on
  • woundcowboy
    woundcowboy Member Posts: 1,994

You shouldnā€™t be gifted easy evasions. As it is now, footstep sounds are almost nonexistent and scratch marks are very inconsistent. The devs also purposely made the music obnoxiously loud to help survivors get away. How many crutches do you need?

• WW1PilotAce
    WW1PilotAce Member Posts: 61

any hint about the changes to ds?

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

A lot of QoL changes will affect the balance in some way, directly or indirectly. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 677
    edited December 2023

Quite frankly, most of the roadmap is filled with things that are overdue (Twins rework, DS tweaks, hopefully Pig buffs this time etc.) But a few of the things in this roadmap scare me;

I'm very scared about a potential STBFL nerf. The only moment where STBFL can be considered problematic is when it's used to straight up make saves impossible.

STBFL is, in my opinion, one of the most well-designed perks in the game due to how the two powerhouses (Nurse & Blight) can't get much value out of it while weaker/slower Killers (Trapper, Demo, Nemesis, Pig, etc.) can use it efficiently. Most powerful perks are made even stronger when used by the stronger Killers (which creates frustrating situations like when Blight uses Ultimate Weapon and can effectively make it activate on every Survivor every time it's used due to sheer movement speed, or how "I'm All Ears" almost guarantees hits with Nurse) but STBFL is one of the very few that are effectively worse on the stronger Killers than on the weaker ones.

However it's true that STBFL can create situations where hook saves are nearly impossible if the Killer has enough stacks. But that the only problematic part of it.

All you have to do is deactivate the perk when too close to a hooked Survivor and not work on recently unhooked Survivors. There, problem solved and low/mid-tier Killers still have a valid perk that makes them able to be playable in higher MMR without needing to play in a scummy fashion. STBFL is one of the handful of strong perks that Blight & Nurse can hardly use but that weaker Killers can use effectively.

I don't want to be forced to play top-tier Killers at higher MMR to compete and/or play in a way that might be considered scummy and unfun for everyone, including myself.

I also don't want to only face the same 5 Killers every game at higher MMR, it'll make the game unbearably stale.

STBFL doesn't win games on it's own, if the Killer can't get hits then they can't get hits, but it makes weaker (slower, M1) Killers able to compete in higher MMR which is something everyone should want.

The game needs powerful perks that weaker Killers can use but that the powerhouses can't make too strong.

Sloppy Butcher is mostly in the same vein since Nurse & Blight (due to their most common method of attack being a special attack) hardly get as much value from it compared to Trapper, Wraith or Demo. And honestly, the main reason why it has such a high pickrate isn't even because of it's sheer power, it's because it's a universal and free perk that any Killer can use, even the weaker ones, to get some pressure without having to jump through hoops (it's not like good Survivors heal unsafely often anyway).

I'm very interested in the Decisive Strike change since it's been a while since an efficient anti-tunnel perk showed up and it's a welcome sight since tunnelling has been getting worse for a while, especially at a higher level.

I'm also curious about the Doctor and Hag changes as they were not amongst the most obvious choices for changes.

Shadowborn & Monitor and Abuse were destined to be reworked the moment an FOV slider was introduced since they would effectively become (optionally) basekit on people needing it. It's a good change for accessibility purposes though.

Overall some scary and interesting changes, I'm very much hoping to still see a good variety of Killers even on higher MMR and see new Killer players still have access to a decent variety of valid starter perks.

Variety is one of DBD's most interesting and strongest aspects (in what other game can you see Nick Cage being chased by Nemesis in Haddonfield?) and I really hope it doesn't fade away.

Post edited by Skillfulstone on
  • ays12151
    ays12151 Member Posts: 678

I hope Hillbilly will receive very good changes. In my opinion old Hillbilly would be A Tier balanced Killer at current Dead By Daylight.

I hope his Chainsaw Sprint movement speed will be increased from 9.2 m/s to at least 9.8 m/s.

Also his Chainsaw cooldowns make no sense. Why? He has constant 3 seconds cooldown after missed / successful Chainsaw Attack. Also his "Tantrum" is 3 seconds. I would decrease successful Chainsaw Attack from 3 seconds to 2.25 seconds and missed Chainsaw Attack cooldown from 3 seconds to 2.5 seconds.

Additionally BHVR should remove "overheat" addons, because these addons are useless since they almost removed overheat mechanic. Billy should receive addons for his cooldowns / charge time for sure. I don't think about Insta Saw Billy, but at least a few decent addons.

• WW1PilotAce
    WW1PilotAce Member Posts: 61

its sad that there is nothing for early gen speed or solo queue improvements, just let us see the perks of our teammates like in mobile.

• Fools_gold
    Fools_gold Member Posts: 8

Over the past couple of months, I've had to deal with a huge problem of the genrush. Situations reached the point where the survivors simply threw off the pallets immediately without even trying to buy at least a little bit of time. I don't like to tunnel and camp, but I also don't want to lose because of such an "Active" game, so I still have to do it the way the game doesn't give other options.... will this aspect of the game change somehow? (playing from 3 generators is effective, I do not argue, but often such games are delayed for 30 + minutes, it is a very long time +- half of this time you will rush from generator to generator.)

• jonifire
    jonifire Member Posts: 1,437

I think generators should get events like merciless storm, which get triggered sometimes and with a higher chance of appearing, when multiple people work on a gen. Gen time 80s

Or just introducing some form of items required for gens, that you have to find on maps like oil etc. Gen time 70s

Also there should be a new thing like boons, that make people do other things, but right now boons are very useless and not worth doing and saving teammates is almost impossible in solo q.

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 150

Please make consider making blight 110. Blight with no perks and add ons is still stronger than most of the killer roster.

• Anti051
    Anti051 Member Posts: 602

When are you guys going to let us turn off aim assist/aim dressing so it can't screw up the pathing on our lunges around corners? Mobile DbD allows users to turn it off, can't we have that option on PC/Console too?

• Dionysusdog
    Dionysusdog Member Posts: 154

Lunge duration reduced by 1 second. lunge speed reduced to 4.6 meters per second. Lunge charge time doubled and roar starts as soon as Lunge starts charging. Lunge miss cooldown increased to 10 seconds.

• Dionysusdog
    Dionysusdog Member Posts: 154

Do you want him to just not be fun? Blight isn't a problem...his add ons are. If his add ons are adjusted he will be just fine. He is fun to face and strong but balanced. Alchemist ring and a few other add ons are the only issue.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,893

Hey guys? You updated the road map I see

• Chilli_man2400

On the Reddit ama but guess what they changed it again. Now itā€™s back to how it originally was

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,897

that was actually the older version of the roadmap that accidentally was used in the AMA.

The joys of a live game and how quickly things can change.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933

Thanks for clearing it up

• Chilli_man2400

Thanks I was wondering why that was changed back instantly.

• TeleportingTurkey
    TeleportingTurkey Member Posts: 589

nothing. hopefully.

any kiler who relies on gen defense doesn't have to hold the game hostage in order to win.

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 536
    edited December 2023

Well... I wait for the real version No. 3 of this roadmap where I can find

"THE NIGHTMARE"

in it

!!!

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited December 2023

As long as itā€™s fair to the killer, Iā€™m happy. I rarely ever tunnel or camp survivors unless if I have one or two hooks, and only one gen left.

The developers made a hint that it will have something to do with kicking. The gens, may be a limited amount of time that you can kick the gen. However, if the survivor three gens themselves, I donā€™t feel the kicking limitation should apply since itā€™s not the killer fault.

if the killer is trying to protect a 3 gen from the start of the match then sure! šŸ‘

Post edited by MechWarrior3 on
  • JudithMorel
    JudithMorel Member Posts: 562

Thank GOD Save the best for last is getting changed. There is no need for MORE M1 speed increase after the basekit changes.

• Everllark
    Everllark Member Posts: 12

RIP to the 3 people who play the singularity

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,897

The roadmap after the first section shows less in it because things aren't finalised. Whilst I know Freddy is something that's on your mind, it's definitely not going to be in the first part of the roadmap.

• alpha5
    alpha5 Member Posts: 293

Is it intended for survivors to not be able to use items while holding Sadako's tapes? It is mildly annoying.

• GocafemojoLIVE
    GocafemojoLIVE Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 14

Could one of the things you do before these long term projects be fixing the Twins? We don't even want a rework. Just fix victor so he can jump over pallets again. Just reset the Twins to how they were 3 weeks ago.

• TSQuint
    TSQuint Member Posts: 88

What an unmitigated disaster all of this is. No other online multiplayer goes through these types of changes with this level of frequency. It's sad to see because I really loved this game.

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,093

Iā€™m bummed lol. I would love more blood web improvements lol. The faster the better. What we have now is great! However something faster would be amazing!

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,408

First off, Trapper is one of a few killers that has his effectiveness diminished if he three gens.

Second, you're clearly no Trapper expert. Stop using phrases like "The whole point of Trapper..." and such. Its mis-information to new players who happen here. Its much more effective to pick half a map, or 5 gens to patrol. 3 genning is something that should be a direct result of survivors not paying attention, not something to shoot for from the start.

This genrush meta is a result of killer complaints getting addressed and added. We can't heal anymore effectively, so its better to be on a gen. Its just cause and effect. Still, sucks to hear. Sorry :(

• Batusalen
    edited December 2023

Survivors getting base mechanics to cover for their lack of game sense over and over again: They are needed features so we can get the best experience out of the game and have fun playing it. Now, where is the anti-slug mechanic so I can have another chance on top of my other second chances, BHVR?

Survivors when they add an industry standard feature that should have being in the game since day 1 for accessibility reasons: How dare you make this unbalancing change, BHVR? You are so killer sided! Your non-stopping killer buffing is ruining the game!

Do you realize you are saying what you are saying about a list where most of it are going to be killer nerfs and survivor buffs just because they are going to add a FoV slider, right?

Post edited by Batusalen on
  • Batusalen

According to survivors, the genrush meta has been the result of killers saying or doing something since 2 years now.

When the gen regression meta was up, it was because all killers used Eruption + CoB + OC so it was a response to it. When DH was nerfed, it was because they were in total disadvantage in chases now so they started doing gens. Now it is because healing was nerfed, so there is no point in healing and not do gens instead. And when there is no available excuse for it, gen rushing isn't even a thing, is just doing the main objective in the most efficient way.

Can we recognize that gen times are simply too low already? Or we should keep it being killers fault somehow until BHVR add more progression perks and the average match time drops bellow the 4 minute mark?

• jesterkind
    jesterkind Member Posts: 7,607

What mechanics have survivors gotten to cover for a lack of game sense? I can't think of any recently.

Recent mechanical changes for survivors would be like... the basekit BT, the survivor HUD, and the visual terror radius, right? None of those things are things that'd cover for lack of game sense, really. The HUD kinda could in a vague sense, but that's obviously not what it does in most cases. So, what are you referring to?