Remind me again how you addressed trickster being unfun to go against?

Options
egg_
egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

Did I just have a miserable game against him? Yes. However, the question is: when is it not miserable?

I honestly don't understand how you've managed to fail one killer after the other since Knight's release, possibly saving Alien from the list.

Knight is miserable, SM is miserable, she got reworked twice and she's still miserable, Trickster was miserable before and you managed to make him even more miserable, while you were actively stating you didn't want that. Chucky was miserable because of scamper, and you "bugfixed" something that was arguably ok in his kit while maintaining the most obnoxious aspect of it.

I'm honestly speechless. I really hope you'll step up your balancing game in 2024. Looking forward to the roadmap, although I'm ready for more disappointment

Comments

• Xyvielia
    Xyvielia Member Posts: 2,415
    Options

“I really hope you'll step up your balancing game in 2024. Looking forward to the roadmap, although I'm ready for more disappointment”

mmm, yep, pretty much… Cheers to the roadmap of the same ol’ rubbish next year🍻🥱

• LeGranEmi
    LeGranEmi Member Posts: 80
    Options

He is fine, he feels fine, the only changes they should make are his addons since most of them are useless and others are necessary, such as memento blades, please do it base kit

• NerfDHalready
    NerfDHalready Member Posts: 1,418
    Options

what you mean, that's the most objective take i've seen for a while. 🧢

they are right about the memento blades though it's almost a must-run add on. it was buffed as a band-aid fix and didn't get reverted back after his basekit throw rate buff for some reason.

• LeGranEmi
    LeGranEmi Member Posts: 80
    Options

Well the difference is that I have mastered it since its inception and I know its strengths and weaknesses perfectly and currently it is FINE, just learn to play against it perfectly, you can have a counter game playing with tall structures, the generators can be repaired in a good amount of time if you do. You do it right and if you do it wrong they will die. Also when playing the trickster you have to know when to use the main event and your power so as not to be slow and have aim even if you think not if it is necessary I accept that not at the level of huntress but yes you have to have a good level

and also 8 knives to wound gives the survivor an advantage unlike the 6 before and above all you are conditioned to use an addons (memento blades) to not be slow when throwing

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,937
    edited December 2023
    Options

Honestly I wish his power was reworked to fit more into "tricking" Survivors.

Like imagine if he could throw a knife, but it's also a smoke bomb or something, would lead to massive mindgaming potential. You could even have thermal vision to see through the smoke but it makes other stuff harder to see. They can maybe even tie the smoke bombs to his original band members and the awful fate they had.

What else could they do? Holograms, blinding lights and lasers, stuff performance themed, stuff fire/smoked themed, advance technology, etc. And what do we have? Knives.

Idk, the potential is there, it just feels like they didnt use the opportunity.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 4,769
    Options

Yeah, I give every killer update time before making a final judgement on them. So people have time to learn to play as or against him. IMO there is very little I can do on alot of maps or spaces against him. Unless you have high short-length walls, it's very hard to avoid hits. And alot of map reworks seem to involve dead zones and alot more unsafe loops - which against a Trickster are useless rather than simply unsafe. Ducking against ranged killers is always the best tactic with those sorts of tiles but Trickster being faster now makes that pointless, as i just lose ground.

I dunno what the answer is though tbh. I think when it comes to killers BHVR would value the opinion of the people who play them more, as with a roster of 30+ killers survivors wouldn't go against him all that often to affect their decision to play the game. If a killer felt bad to play as though, it could affect a small chunk of the player base's decision to play. Last game I played against him was on Haddonfield and he almost had a 4k at 5 gens. Two survivors DCd, so he killed the bots and then went AFK so the two of us left could smash gens and leave. Guessing he didn't find that game very enjoyable either.

• Xyvielia
    Options

Y’kno, it needs tweaking, nevertheless, props for having some thought processing a bit further outside safer realms than BHVR’s braved a venture, lately.

Ji-Woon’s somewhat of a psychopath, but hasn’t quite lived up to the name Devs have bestowed upon him.

• Iron_Cutlass
    Iron_Cutlass Member Posts: 2,937
    Options

Im full of unique (and probably stupid) ideas, just realistically these ideas will go nowhere since BHVR has a lot of limitations regarding what they can and cant produce in a time frame... BHVR is a company, time, and by proxy money, is fairly limited.

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,761
    Options

You know what?

I am 99% sure the tweak they announced for Huntress in the road map is gonna be: Soldier's Puttee basekit and maybe some other add-on as well

• Rudjohns
    Rudjohns Member Posts: 1,761
    Options

I think the idea is cool, however only if its possible to remove the blades while running, like the Artist's birds

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

It’s to make it so trickster isn’t forced to chase or tunnel cause the reason they’re constantly unfun to verse is cause of the laceration meter. But with it removed he can choose his gameplay angle either Chase down or slow down.

The other guy suggested it you could have the remove blade option while running like Artist crows

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

He had only one counter, long walls. Now even this gone. Because he is now 4.6m speed killer. DbD is fun when both sides can outplay each other. When killer's power interactive for both sides.

Trickster? Take blades until you get hit. If wall is long, get m1. Dodge his 2 knifes but 3rd and 4th is on the way to hit you. The question is who thought this killer will be fun for both sides?

Huntress is so much better than him, for both sides.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

...He will still tunnel if he wants to.

There is no power in the game that encourages tunneling. There never has been.

It is a frowned upon strategy and it is extremely effective right now due to the lack of DS. Any killer can choose to do it, regardless of which character it is.

• Chilli_man2400
    Chilli_man2400 Member Posts: 2,882
    Options

Maybe I worded it wrong. I’m not saying it’s going to completely stop tunneling but it will give trickster new gameplay strategies instead of just going after and trying to injure this one guy.

• Xyvielia
    Options

Oh, I get that, and they can do much more than they’ve led ppl to believe otherwise; they just haven’t done more, or won’t do more, unfortunately… but in many cases, they can.

Would be nice if BHVR would listen more to these ideas, such as yours, regarding new material (or upgrades) and give creative minds of players who faithfully play their game more focus, than merely listening for the nerf/buff cries to the extent that their ‘due diligence’ quotas have been fulfilled.

They open the partnership board for cosmetic design and such… be cool to see them give their players some in-depth creative control to a Killer every once n a while.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,212
    Options

Though unable to dethrone Ghostface, Trickster sure is a strong contender for the position of "killer I hate most to play against".

I've complained about Trickster not being fit for the game aesthetically. but that isn't the actual problem that I have with him. This can be easily fixed with cosmetics (which hasn't been done yet, but it can be).

The problem is that he has always been very unfun to go against, and after this rework he is even worse. Essentially, just like @Aven_Fallen said, his counterplay is nothing but high walls, and those aren't always available, especially with the map reworks constantly creating deadzones. And now he has the standard movement speed for killers, so he can run tiles in the regular way if needed.

That isn't fun to go against.

• jajay119
    jajay119 Member Posts: 876
    edited December 2023
    Options

They didn't change him to be less miserable for survivor players. They changed him to be less miserable for killer players because he's not chosen often.

Except in their rationale which has led to their execution, they seem to have completely bypassed a major reason behind killers not choosing him is because there was a massive spate of survivors just giving up or DCing when they got him. So it got to the point where one chose him. That former is still the case from matches I've played against him. I expect the latter to be so too.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

He got some buffs but now his TR is 32m radius and 8 shots are needed for injure/down.

The moment you are being chased by him might be miserable but except that, he isn't at all.

Currently there are 34 killers, you can't expect all of them to be fun to play against.

• Ricardo170373
    Ricardo170373 Member Posts: 623
    Options

Overreact. Trickster is fine now and he suffer more than people think about it. 8 knifes instead 6 for a 1 healthy state removed his the best tatic he had before. Downs on pallets and windows are SO MUCH more difficult to make now than before, you lose much more time now. Again, Hes suffering more than people thinking. Hes better than before, but, stay calm, he still lower than Huntress and he is not OP or whatever. Play as Trickster is not simply hold button and always everthing will works for you.

• egg_
    egg_ Member Posts: 1,933
    Options

I'm honestly not sure why you would ask us this question if then you won't reply anymore, especially when posed with the same legitimate question:

So, please, how do you think those changes would make trickster more pleasant to go against?