have you ever forgotten certain perks existed?

Just realized this Rebecca perk exists

Comments

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,884

Plenty of times.

Everything released after the first Resident Evil chapter is a mystery. I always forget about those new perks and their effects.

• BlightedDolphin
    BlightedDolphin Member Posts: 1,845

Saw someone use one of the Teamwork perks earlier and had no idea what it did.

Still don’t know what any of them do.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

There are so many forgetable perks.

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564

Better Than New is just garbage version of Leader.

Hyperfocus is good perk but i need to bring more perks for make it effective. Instead of that, i just can use better gen speed perks and then i can free my other perk slots. Hyperfocus is just not worth it.

Reassurance is only perk can be meta to counter proxy camping but activate range is so small. So if BHVR buff this perk a bit for larger range, then we can use this perk. Right now activating this perk costs you health state most times. For basement, it's imposible tho.

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,636

9/12 perks that came with ToT, tbh.

• Emoba
    Emoba Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 514

Removing the gen repair buff single-handedly killed the perk.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919

Yes, there are too many of them, I have made my own niche builds for the killers that I play, and my own niche build for my survivor. If I feel like trying something new then I familiarize, or even re-familiarize myself with other perks.

There are more perks than there are elements in the periodic table, for heaven’s sake.

• rha
    rha Member Posts: 418

Yes, including this one. Even had to read the description because I didn’t know what it was doing.

Why would I use it? Typical BHVR design. Survivors are already not doing gens, why would I want to use a perk that incentivises my teammates to run around and loot chests instead of doing gens? If it had a gen speed bonus (maybe just for a certain time rather than until injured), now that would be a different story.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,167
    edited December 2023

Given Rebecca's place in RE1 as the safe haven character, it would be nice if this perk granted something with that idea. E.g. Rebecca has a 14% buff to healing flat, and whenever Rebecca is healing or being healed her aura is revealed to all survivors, which then applies all the afformentioned buffs.

Efit: Or maybe while healing, her and the person she's healing aura cannot be read.

Post edited by UndeddJester on
  • radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 4,037

Have you ever tried this build?

Rancor, no way out, game afoot, noed

Slap that on spirit...

Pure evil.

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,560

It was still garbage as it was only 6% and it lasted 35 seconds

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,636

See, Game Afoot was among the 3 that I do remember.

Haven't tried it, but I have faced it.

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

Shoot, I forget the perks I've been using for years sometimes lol.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,290

Yeah and the white glow on the Survivor should not be visible to the Killer, it just lets the Killer know someone is very close by and planning to save.

I first saw the Survivor glow as Killer and contacted support thinking it had to be a bug. Unfortunately, it is intended.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,310

For real, the drive by of Reassurance is so close that you could just take the hit and unhook unsafe anyway. I think you should at least have been able to use be perk on someone in the basement by loitering a bit around the area, then we wouldn't have needed this whole, convoluted Anti-Facecamp thing.

I still think that the nerf to Reassurance was done for the wrong reason and handled absolutely horrendous, ie "oh some one in a million survivor could keep someone hostage on the hook, so let's make the perk borderline useless by only giving it a single use per person per hook".

Instead they should have gone by a token system: Reassurance got 3 tokens and you could use them up any way you deem fit, maximum 3 per hook stage. This way one single Reassurance user could waste a lot of time of the killer without keeping anyone hostage and with a hard limit. And even two people could take the perk and apply it to both hook stages.

And the easiest fix of them all would have been to just allow a survivor on the hook to overwrite Reassurance with a double tap or something.

• UnusedAccount
    UnusedAccount Member Posts: 130

Granted, the Killer can just look at the hook bar and see it not go down.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,569

i think people use reassurance incorrectly as a perk. to me, reassurance is something like sabotage where you want to run to the hook as the killer hooks someone so you immediately press reassurance and extend hooks from 60 second -> 90 seconds.

I think reactive use of reassurance is bad/weak play because you trade gen efficiency(actual counter to camping killers) for 30 second on a hook. Proactive use of reassurance is much stronger but issue behind it is that proactive using reassurance gives killer free-tracking because your giving killer two choices.

choice 1 camp hook for 90 seconds, that is 33% increase in time commitment to camping relative to 60 second camping

choice 2: Chase survivor that activated reassurance

In many ways, the perk does counter-camping but it doesn't counter camping the way survivor want to counter camping. Lot of survivor want to rush gens and unhook survivor at 59 second marker and reassurance is not good for that particular type of gameplay.

the repair bonus had 35 second duration with low number of 6%. you need buff the perk to give you like 30% repair bonus for 35 seconds for someone to consider using that perk. with 30% bonus for 30 second, you would save 10.5 seconds on a gen as opposed 6% that saves a whooping 2.1 seconds...

one of them gives haste... indicated by haste icon and other gives no scratch marks.