If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Why limit Freddy's teleport to unfinished gens?

Options
LordGlint
LordGlint Member Posts: 7,984
edited January 3 in Feedback and Suggestions

I just find it odd how this is the case ONLY for Freddy. Sadako can still teleport to any available television, which are generally near generators, even after gens are done. Same thing for Xeno's tunnels. Freddy though completely gets robbed the further the game goes, and he doesn't even get to use his teleport at the start of the match.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• MikaelaWantsYourBoon
    MikaelaWantsYourBoon Member Posts: 6,564
    Options

Yeah, teleport was only good part of Freddy. And then we got a lot new teleport killers and all of them are better than him lol.

Freddy's teleport feels like joke atm.

Hopefully whenever they work on him, they make him to teleport any gen. Even blocked gens.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,345
    Options

Let him teleport to any gen and any alarm clock.

Make the channel shorter and make sure he faces the same way every time he TP's

• LordGlint
    Options

Got abit of a gut punch from this for my first game using him in awhile. Hooked and killed a survivor on one end of father campels Chappell at the same time the last gen popped on the other side of the map. BBQ showed me 2 survivors run to the exit gate RIGHT next to them and now... I gotta walk across the map to stop them...

• Krazzik
    Krazzik Member Posts: 2,263
    Options

I don't understand why they stop you teleporting to a completed gen. It's not like it'd suddenly make him too strong, he'd still be a bottom tier killer but he'd actually have a little more use in endgame.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

Yes, buff his teleport and make sure everyone starts in dreamworld regardless of the add-ons. Plus, make the blood effect apply to all gens. That should also be basekit.

• radiantHero23
    radiantHero23 Member Posts: 3,188
    Options

It's Freddy....

Are you surprised?

• ili
    ili Member Posts: 61
    edited January 2
    Options
  • TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

I'm with you dear friend. The original NoEM DLC is what made me buy DBD back in 2019 in the first place as I was a big fan of the movies. I played a solid amount of old Freddy and though it wasn't easy at times he was still fun to play even if he was on weak tier side.

• edgarpoop
    edgarpoop Member Posts: 8,015
    Options

It's a really puzzling choice. He starts the trial without any power and also loses his power as the trial goes on. You could kind of understand it if his strength level was Nurse-tier, but it's Freddy. It's just weird. The game doesn't have to be balanced on the head of an atom, but Alc Ring Blight and Freddy exist in the same game.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,208
    Options

I bought the base game together with the DLC in 2018.

He was the first killer I played, my favorite killer ever. Then he gets replaced by something else in 2019 and that isn't fair.

The only thing Freddy has going for him is the fact that he is Freddy Krueger, a legendary character. Because his current power is boring to the extreme and his add-ons are useless. The only thing worth salvaging is his teleport, and even that has its problems, hence this thread.

• TheSingularity
    TheSingularity Member Posts: 1,684
    Options

I know, right now Dream World is so unthreatening survivors don't even need to wake up. They just stay asleep whole trial.

• CorvusCorax86
    CorvusCorax86 Member Posts: 1,057
    Options

Just checked a video from Otz showcasing his power. This is a video from 2018.

The ability to individually pull everyone into the dreamworld and make them slower was very exciting.

Was it too OP because of the aura reading ability and that is why he got reworked?

• KaTo1337
    KaTo1337 Member Posts: 463
    Options

Isnt it a surprise how often this forum discusses about Freddy?

I wonder how many fights we have to endure before BHVR gets their attention to the boy

• GeneralV
    Options

Was it too OP because of the aura reading ability and that is why he got reworked?

Nope.

If you wake up, the effect is gone. And there was, unfortunately, a 10 second delay between a survivor leaving your Terror Radius and their aura being shown.

He had one weakness: inability to interrupt survivors from finishing a generator or getting an unhook right in front of you if you weren't asleep. But that could have been easily fixed without a full rework. We didn't have the Incapacitated status effect back then, but we did have Madness 3.

I am not sure what was the full reasoning behind the rework when it was clearly not needed.

But my guess? Because some people played him in the exact same way people used to play Wraith (focusing the first person they saw), and if you ask those people they will say Freddy was F Tier.

Of course a slightly better Old Wraith isn't impressive, but it was 100% their own fault for not playing him properly and refusing to learn the specifics of his power.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,049
    Options

I'm trying to figure out why he only has 5 snares and 5 pallets.

• crogers271
    crogers271 Member Posts: 1,363
    Options

My guess at a serious answer that isn't just that BHVR hates Freddy, is that it likely has to do with how the gen display is coded. All killers are able to see all uncompleted gens. Potentially Freddy's power plays off the display that already exists, while Sadako and Xeno add new things to the map.

So if Freddy could teleport to any generator they would need to write a 'how to display gens' code for just Freddy with a different type of outline for completed gens.

If I'm in anyway right about the above, then they would have considered creating a different display mechanic to show completed gens for just one killer as either too confusing/frustrating for players, not worth the time, or outright impossible.

I can see the potential that it would be confusing/frustrating leading to complaints (which also means it might not be just a code issue). While I'd love to be able to teleport to any gen, I'd be really annoyed if I selected the wrong one at a critical time.

• LordGlint
    Options

They've already shown that they can change the gen displays. You have perks that change the aura colors and the event does this too. I don't see why they couldn't pick an unused color.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,049
    Options

It bvhr that why. What if they use an unused color and then we get Myers teleporting to gens instead of Freddy.

• LordGlint
    Options

Huntress starts throwing Chucky dolls instead of hatchets

• crogers271
    Options

It's not a color issue. Talking about killer displays, all killers have the same display in that the code shows them unfinished gens. All killers have access to the same perks, so the code doesn't need to change the display whether it is a Xeno or a Bubba, so a perk like surveillance acts the same on both of them.

If Freddy had access to finished gens, then there would be need to be unique code for Freddy.

Additionally it would likely be a clutter issue for many players. Even if the ability existed most of the time the killer would want to teleport to the unfinished gens. I can imagine a situation where I want to teleport across map in a hurry and I have to waste time moving around to get the teleport past a finished gen that is in the middle.

Add to this when he was coded the idea of teleporting was new. Things like Sadako adding in her own teleport to device was probably influenced by what they learned from Freddy. When/if they rework him they may think of a better/different way to approach it.

You asked why it is the way it is, that's my guess, some combination of the above. I highly doubt its just because BHVR hates Freddy.

• LordGlint
    Options

The clutter issue as you put it would just be the same amount as Sadako. TVs are generally in the same area as generators, and they dont self destruct when the generator finishes. As for coding... ALL killers have some unique coding. Having part of Freddy's unique coding to show finished gens as purple shouldn't be that weird.

• crogers271
    Options

Clutter: It would be more. That amount of teleport locations would always be up. It's very rare other than the very start of the match for Sadako to have all of her TVs up.

• LordGlint
    Options

She still is able to teleport to locations where gens are finished though, that's the point I'm making. The clutter you're talking about is just the same exact locations Freddy has to choose from at the start of the trial.

• LeFennecFox
    LeFennecFox Member Posts: 1,138
    Options

They're probably scared to touch freddy considering how miserable he used to be. Last changes were 2021 where they did the laziest possible retooling of his slowdown addons and threw random nerfs at him hoping he'd go away.

Freddy is just a victim of "statistics". If you look at any of the released winrates for killers you'll notice an obvious trend of what the average player considers a bad killer soaring to the top. It's because he has stealth, mobility, m1 perks, and some passive slowdown. This is the type of killer who destroys the bottom half of the player base which is a lot of people.

• GeneralV
    Options

I will gladly fix him for them.

For free. I volunteer to do that.

• elderwitcher96
    elderwitcher96 Member Posts: 77
    Options

Making him able to teleport to finished generators would definitely make him stronger, maybe not a or b tier (which all killers should strive for) but definitely more fun and viable. The cooldown for teleports exists so it's not like he would be able to teleport non-stop.

• TheTom20
    TheTom20 Member Posts: 364
    Options

Freddy does need something even in solo que i don't think ive seen a freddy get a kill in years