The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Sooooooo when are prestiges going to be hidden?

TheArbiter
TheArbiter Member Posts: 2,483

It has been a while since the hidden prestige test and I'd say most players agreed it lowered toxicity and lobby shopping all around. Is this going to be implemented soon?

Comments

• Ariel_Starshine
    Ariel_Starshine Member Posts: 937

I kinda stopped playing cuz I get tunneled on my p100s, and no, they don't end up sacrificing me, I just get sick of kiting the killer every match and getting low BP for doing what the devs have said takes the most "skill"

Massive turn off, I want to hide it so they stop. And yes, in the end game chat they openly admit they focused on only me to "see if I could get the p100"

At least they admit it idk lol but yeah let us hide it please so I can actually get some BP and not have to tank each match ty.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

I'm confused why this is something that would need to be tested?

Ultimately, what is the point of showing prestige level in the lobby? Does BHVR really believe that lobby dodging is healthy for the game? Do they feel that killers need to be told who is the weak link before the game starts?

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,407

"Do they feel that killers need to be told who is the weak link before the game starts?"

I kind of feel like this play a role. Lots of solo queue players - such as myself - seem to notice that most solo teams seem to have a formula, with one or two survivors being less experienced than the others. Killers being able to weed them out probably helps keep the kill rates balanced. Just a theory though, I could be way off.

• KayTwoAyy
    KayTwoAyy Member Posts: 1,699

If so, it also makes it unneccessarily difficult for solo queue players to reach their actual MMR.

Just one more thing working against solo queue for no good reason.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Simple stuff like this takes BHVR years to do, so the answer is years

• Spare_Them_Mori_Me
    Spare_Them_Mori_Me Member Posts: 1,409

Come on, toggle!

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,184

What if it doesn't?

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,434
  • Beatricks
    Beatricks Member Posts: 857
    edited January 11

When is this magical thinking of solving complex problems with a simple "solution" mentality going to stop being so prevalent?

Okay, lets say that prestige gets hidden from tomorrow. What do you think is going to happen? Killers will just shrug and play like everyone had zero prestige levels? Of course not! They will look at items, names, clothing etc.

And even if BVHR decides to just skip the pregame lobby altogether, killers will look at their first chase, think to themselves that this Nea is a juicer and that it's probably a P100 4 men SWF and just AFK against a wall or DC.

If you think that lobby shopping is boring just wait until you hold M1 for 15 minutes while the killer is watching paint dry.

Unless the awful matchmaking is overhauled (spoiler alert: it won't be) nothing will change.

• tak47888
    tak47888 Member Posts: 125

P100 Survivors are usually the weak link in the group, so I make sure to tunnel them out first.

Jokes aside, most P100 survivors don't play any better than the low prestiges. It just becomes problematic when I see a 3 -4 P100 lobby, because I have to assume that I am going against a full sweat squad, which is not fun in most cases. Therefore, I fully understand that killers are dodging specific lobbies.

Just imagine Survivors would know against which Killer they are going. Lobby dodging would be out of control :D.

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,890
    edited January 12

They're already doing that anyway so what's it matter. Any killer player who judges a match based on items or clothing is silly. Even new players have access to toolboxes, med kits, and flashlights.

If they think a player is P100 and in a swf just because they're good at looping and decide to give up, then even more deserved for being so foolish. If they want to spend all that time lobby shopping for survivors in base clothing and little to no items then let them. They're doing it anyway dodging high prestige survivors or survivors in certain cosmetics or carrying certain items. So its not going to make any difference to that type of player.

They're not here to just play the game, they want games under their own specific conditions.

Post edited by Dwight_Fairfield on
  • AbsolutGrndZer0
    AbsolutGrndZer0 Member Posts: 1,361

It absolutely would, and yet we can't see Killer prestige. That's the one and only reason I hate seeing Prestige in the lobby.